Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Bobulus posted:

I wonder how they'll snap Simone out of her atheist funk? It could easily be Chidi throwing a variation of Pascal's Wager at her, or maybe it'll be more comedic, like Jason will introduce her to something so far outside her knowledge base that her glitching brain couldn't possibly have invented it.
While the Jason approach would be really funny, my money is on Chidi. She's decided she is a solipsist, meaning she is the only real thing in the universe. A lot of the standard arguments against solipsism revolve around interrogating the solipsist about why the world is the way it is, but none of those apply in an artificial paradise outside of our reality. I think Chidi's probably going to convince her that if this is the only world that now exists for her then she should accept this is her life now and make the best of her time there. If she wants to spend all day deriving philosophical & mathematical ideas from first principles, she can just do that and hey maybe she'll have some new ideas to share with the world if/when she wakes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Azhais posted:

Jason Mantzoukas has consistently been my least favorite part of anything he's ever been in
I normally agree, but he was absolutely perfect for one episode of Legion. One episode is the appropriate amount of Mantzoukas.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Bobulus posted:

You know what would be amazing? A Back to the Future 2 style episode where fake Michael has to run through the background of the first few episodes, hiding from real Michael and causing various chaos.
I think this is the only plausible way we get Fake Michael. It's probably the best explanation for the surreal Jason/peanut butter jar conversation, which was definitely more than just Jason being Jason.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

uvar posted:

As pettily smug as it might be, I would be disappointed for the show to go "happy endings all round, except for Brent who ended up in the bad place after all". He's an rear end in a top hat, but he's not literally-infinite-torture bad.

Shut down the Bad Place, everyone goes to a 'Medium Place' limbo and is guided until they go to the Good Place. Which I realise means eventually Hitler goes to Heaven so the show probably won't go that way.
That's pretty much what Mormons believe about hell (which they call the "telestial kingdom"): it's a place where you're punished for a while but eventually everyone, even Hitler, goes to a Good Place (but not the Best Place, that's for married Mormons only). Most Hindus also believe in a temporary hell where after you're punished proportionate to your sins then you're allowed to go reincarnate again.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

and in an instant, a thousand fanfics were born
https://twitter.com/KristenBell/status/1216834691170324480?s=20

Remember when we first met Doug and he was reading the book The Most Good You Can Do by Peter Singer? Peter Singer is now giving away one of his other books about what we owe each other, The Life You Can Save, for free. In addition to the ebook version with a new forward by Michael Schur, Michael Schur, Kristen Bell, Stephen Fry, and others contributed their voices to the audiobook which you can also download for free.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Whatever the cockroaches find in Good Place, they're not going to want it. I think they're going to find that everyone in the Good Place has become awful over time and they're going to burn down the Good Place too, perhaps arguing that just as it's unfair to be punished forever because you were bad for a little on Earth while it's equally unjust for people to be rewarded forever because they were good for a while. The Good Place is no longer eternal, instead you stay for a while before you go back, with your conscience still giving you nudges to do the right thing back on Earth. Eleanor and Chidi say goodbye: "Do you think we'll ever see each other again?" "We've found each other before, we'll do it again."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

double nine posted:

what edgelord stuff? was she preaching the revolution?
She made some extremely racist tweets back in 2011-2012, e.g. "It's not politically correct to say "retarded" anymore, you have to call them "Asian-Americans"."