Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Hunters got blink back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Marx Was A Lib posted:

I don't even have the gun to start the Malfeasance quest line. :cool:

malf doesn't need a gun? you're thinking of lumina probably

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

that's not the one that drops from the one specific boss in gambit? i thought it was

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Malf drops from the gambit boss but you don't need any prerequisites or anything else to do the quest. Lumina does have you using a specific gun but you get it as part of the quest anyway

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

CottonWolf posted:

Hunters got blink back!

I wonder if this works with the Stasis aspect that freezes enemies around you

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I actually managed to get Lumina. While I loving suck at invading, I'm pretty good at Gambit. I regularly bank half the motes for the team while getting the most kills.

I should have started in on this stuff at the start of the season, but that's just the OCD talking. With Exotics being unable to take champion mods, I never use them in high level content.

Hell, they are far from the best guns but I almost always find myself using Exit Strategy with Overflow + Python with Overflow/One Two Punch + Black Talon. Add that with Liar's Handshake and 100 mobility and I can gently caress stuff up.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Listerine posted:

It's not that bad if you use Truth and make it a point to be in a good position to see spawn points about when the other team gets their invasion portal; get yourself 10-15 motes and make yourself bait even.

I don’t have Truth (or xeno), I’m only at the first Ascendant Challenge phase of that quest :(

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Captain Log posted:

I actually managed to get Lumina. While I loving suck at invading, I'm pretty good at Gambit. I regularly bank half the motes for the team while getting the most kills.

I should have started in on this stuff at the start of the season, but that's just the OCD talking. With Exotics being unable to take champion mods, I never use them in high level content.

Hell, they are far from the best guns but I almost always find myself using Exit Strategy with Overflow + Python with Overflow/One Two Punch + Black Talon. Add that with Liar's Handshake and 100 mobility and I can gently caress stuff up.

get a friend to help you get the lumina catalyst. Doubles the amount of remnants you make and makes the gun way better.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

CottonWolf posted:

Hunters got blink back!

When did Hunters have blink? I thought that was a warlock skill?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Listerine posted:

When did Hunters have blink? I thought that was a warlock skill?

Destiny 1

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

hiddenriverninja posted:

get a friend to help you get the lumina catalyst. Doubles the amount of remnants you make and makes the gun way better.

Already got it done. :)

My only active catalyst at the moment is Prometheus Lens, which dropped last night.

drat I'd like the Huck catalyst, please.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Shutting down 5 supers in 90 seconds

:feelsgood:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Four weeks in a row waiting for 1060 legs.

Another week of pinnacles WITHOUT loving LEGS?!?? gently caress RNG!!!

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
What the actual gently caress there's apparently a random chance for a drake tank to spawn in the inverted spire strike. I've been playing this drat game since launch and I have never seen that happen before.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Zeth posted:

What the actual gently caress there's apparently a random chance for a drake tank to spawn in the inverted spire strike. I've been playing this drat game since launch and I have never seen that happen before.

I had one spawn in Arms Dealer tonight, right before we went up the ramp into the ship. Was I missing it the whole time?!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Zeth posted:

https://i.imgur.com/wZnJuFP.mp4

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I think Amanda drinks on the job

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
An exotic that replaces Barricade with an overshield. How does that not become the default Titan exotic? Helm would still be good for higher level PvE but otherwise why would you ever pass up an on demand overshield?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

sunday at work posted:

An exotic that replaces Barricade with an overshield. How does that not become the default Titan exotic? Helm would still be good for higher level PvE but otherwise why would you ever pass up an on demand overshield?

Because Insurmountable Skullfort = All Might Cosplay

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

sunday at work posted:

One of the leakers said it was Stasis only and disabled your special jump abilities, so it might have some tradeoffs

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

It doesn’t help that barricade is probably the worst of the circle abilities, it sees some use in pvp but I feel like I never see it in pve. Having another option seems very appealing.

I don’t play Titan very much though.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I almost exclusively play an Arc titan, though I've been playing a bit with the fire tree lately too (I really need the phoenix whatever boots, I'm only missing 2-3 exotics on my Titan at this point so Xur/season pass guaranteed unique has to have them for me within the next couple of weeks). I'm honestly pretty stupid when it comes to void titaning in PvE. I presume it's the tank/support tree, but like...what the hell am I supposed to do? It doesn't feel like tanking in, say, WoW or a more traditional MMO

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Marx Was A Lib posted:

I almost exclusively play an Arc titan, though I've been playing a bit with the fire tree lately too (I really need the phoenix whatever boots, I'm only missing 2-3 exotics on my Titan at this point so Xur/season pass guaranteed unique has to have them for me within the next couple of weeks). I'm honestly pretty stupid when it comes to void titaning in PvE. I presume it's the tank/support tree, but like...what the hell am I supposed to do? It doesn't feel like tanking in, say, WoW or a more traditional MMO

Just punch a lot of things? Punching will give you and your friends a big overshield and heal everyone around you.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Destiny doesn't really have a tank class, yeah. The support aspects of the void titan are more about helping everyone shoot better by dropping a source of buffs.

You can melt most bosses that don't fly by dropping a bubble on them and going to town with a sword.

Don't use the big shield super, you usually lose more dps by taking your own weapon off the table than you grant to everyone else, especially in matchmade teams with no comms.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

sunday at work posted:

I have mixed feelings on it. Overall we can't really know because we don't have The Numbers. A 20 HP overshield that lasts 6 seconds? Worthless. An 80 HP overshield that lasts 15 seconds? Usable

Assuming the Numbers aren't something absolutely hilarious like 60% damage reduction and a 20 second duration, I think it's going to be pretty mediocre for a few reasons (all PvP thoughts here).

1. It has a long cast time - there is a bonus animation on top of the barrier deploy, so you can't cast it during a firefight (and remember, your barrier is GONE, so you cast it out in the open, exposed).
2. If you're casting it behind cover, you're burning some of its duration & signaling to the other team to flee
3. If you're casting it behind cover, the next time you exit cover, you're just going to take a sniper round to the face and your overshield didn't do anything
4. It takes your barrier away (priceless in trials)
5. It has no effect except while you're getting shot. Inherently a weaker trait than an exotic that helps you avoid getting shot, or that helps you kill the other guy dead

Just my thoughts. I'm not gonna freak out if it ends up being good, but for now it seems like both it and the "even more overshield on rez" exotics are crap. Man, I really hope they just described the rez shield exotic poorly and it does something else.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Im looking forward to that exotic. I hope it isnt poo poo. It will probably be poo poo. But definitely something I'd use if it lasted at least 10 seconds. Might not be a great choice for trials.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

The Hunter melee vs. Titan/Warlock is laughable. I'd like the Hunter to get a proper one shot melee.

(Go ahead and tell me how I'm wrong, because I'd bet a tenner I am. I just get ability punched into oblivion all the time in Crucible.)

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Captain Log posted:

The Hunter melee vs. Titan/Warlock is laughable. I'd like the Hunter to get a proper one shot melee.

(Go ahead and tell me how I'm wrong, because I'd bet a tenner I am. I just get ability punched into oblivion all the time in Crucible.)

I used Ophidia Spathe in crucible until I got a Knucklehead Radar and that second knife saved my rear end more than a few times.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
if i want a knucklehead radar i just look at which of my friends play crucible atm

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Sex Hobbit posted:

I used Ophidia Spathe in crucible until I got a Knucklehead Radar and that second knife saved my rear end more than a few times.

I'm gonna be real for a minute...

I never take off Knucklehead in Crucible. Yeah, I suck.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Captain Log posted:

I'm gonna be real for a minute...

I never take off Knucklehead in Crucible. Yeah, I suck.

Do you never not ADS?

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
Got all the eyes :toot: that's three titles down and probably all I'll ever get. Now all that's left is grinding a bunch of haunted forest crap and trying to decide if i want the triumph shaders enough to try to do Crown of Sorrow.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

hiddenriverninja posted:

Do you never not ADS?

My favorite gun is Suros with the accelerating "spooling up" feature, so pre-firing is a big part of my game.

I maul randoms with Sweet Business using the same strategy. But Suros is more versatile.

anglachel
May 28, 2012

LeafyOrb posted:

It doesn’t help that barricade is probably the worst of the circle abilities, it sees some use in pvp but I feel like I never see it in pve. Having another option seems very appealing.

I don’t play Titan very much though.

Barricade is pretty important in Grandmaster Nightfalls and Trials for getting safer team mate rezes. Rift is probably the weakest of the abilities in high level content

Captain Log posted:

What one shot melee do Warlocks get again?

anglachel fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Oct 10, 2020

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

anglachel posted:

Barricade is pretty important in Grandmaster Nightfalls and Trials for getting safer team mate rezes. Rift is probably the weakest of the abilities in high level content

What one shot melee do Warlocks get again?

Fireball x 3 i think?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Only one hit melee kills in the game are shoulder charge and throwing knife.

Other stuff CAN be one hit, using other abilities and/or exotics

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Only one hit melee kills in the game are shoulder charge and throwing knife.

Other stuff CAN be one hit, using other abilities and/or exotics

I might have misrepresented what I meant -

The melees are ability melees. When I get murdered, it's normally "Butt Blast gently caress Charge" or something like that. Not just, "Warlock/Titan Melee."

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Captain Log posted:

I might have misrepresented what I meant -

The melees are ability melees. When I get murdered, it's normally "Butt Blast gently caress Charge" or something like that. Not just, "Warlock/Titan Melee."

Yeah man! The only Melee Abilities that can kill in one hit without outside influence are Shoulder Charge and Throwing Knife to the Face

Some abilities can kill in one hit with additional abilities (Titan throwing hammer with 3x WhateverTheBuffIsCalled) or with special exotics (Winter's Guile after chaining a melee kill, Liar's Handshake after getting hit by a melee) but you're only dying to a one hit kill melee if it's a titan Shoulder Charging you or a Golden Gunner sticking a knife in your eyehole.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I’m coming back to this game after being gone since playing the red war at launch, then not even thinking Call of Osiris looked worth playing.

How rare are upgrade modules? Do I want to just vault all my now-750 exotics, go for soft level cap, then infuse them?

What about buying stuff from Xur? I want to get Wardcliff Coil, which he has this week, but it’d drop at like 780 power if I buy it right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Twerk from Home posted:

I’m coming back to this game after being gone since playing the red war at launch, then not even thinking Call of Osiris looked worth playing.

How rare are upgrade modules? Do I want to just vault all my now-750 exotics, go for soft level cap, then infuse them?

What about buying stuff from Xur? I want to get Wardcliff Coil, which he has this week, but it’d drop at like 780 power if I buy it right now.

Upgrade modules can be purchased from the Gunsmith in the tower or obtained by doing his weekly bounties.

Get the wardcliffe coil if you have the shards. You can always pull it from collections at ~5 levels below your current light level later.
Actually it never hurts to claim any exotic you don't already have.
(All exotics can be pulled from collections, but the armor exotics generally have worse stats than natural drops).

Note you only have ~4 weeks left to complete the Curse of Osirus and Warmind DLCs (now free for everyone - visit Amanda Holliday to start them) before they go away. They are worth doing for stories' sake and they'll level you pretty quickly also. When the new expansion launches, 4 of the planets go away so get anything you want to do on them done now.