Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Tei posted:

18 hours since the last time TL broke the game

https://telesto.report/

What's the deal with this Telesto gun anyway? Why is there a list 100 miles long of past game-breaking bugs involving this gun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Sywert of Thieves posted:

What's the deal with this Telesto gun anyway? Why is there a list 100 miles long of past game-breaking bugs involving this gun?

Those orbs seem to wreak havoc on the engine based on what they can attach to and how it reacts.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

It creates a bunch of interactable objects, and there are a bunch of things that can happen when objects interact, with new things being added on a regular basis.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

trials map is garbage this week, but my build is fine. DMT, fusion, middle tree sentinel with 10 res and heart of inmost light, double bomber. basically infinite barricades, and I hit someone with a sticky in the ten seconds after putting up a barricade it's a OHK on 5 res or lower

edit: if anyone needs help with anything this weekend lmk, id is im80andgay#1459

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 30, 2021

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I'm stuck on the Wishender exotic quest. Beat the Shattered Throne dungeon a while ago, now I'm at the step where you have a big "???" quest on Tangled Shore that I can't seem to beat solo (three giant enemies in a circular arena at the end), but people can only join my fireteam if they're on the exact same step of this quest. Is anyone else on this step who can help me out?

I'm going to post some LFGs in the Serious Overchill Discord or Xbox Destiny hub later, but if anyone here can help that would be appreciated.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I'm stuck on the Wishender exotic quest. Beat the Shattered Throne dungeon a while ago, now I'm at the step where you have a big "???" quest on Tangled Shore that I can't seem to beat solo (three giant enemies in a circular arena at the end), but people can only join my fireteam if they're on the exact same step of this quest. Is anyone else on this step who can help me out?

I'm going to post some LFGs in the Serious Overchill Discord or Xbox Destiny hub later, but if anyone here can help that would be appreciated.

I beat it by cheeseing awfully and boringly. Explore the very edge of the arena, there are spots where you can hide behind some geometry, peep out to plink at enemies and hide to heal up, it takes a long time but its doable. Also, let me know for the shattered throne part, I still didnt finish it.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Sekenr posted:

Also, let me know for the shattered throne part, I still didnt finish it.

What do you mean? You don't get this quest step until after you've already beaten Shattered Throne dungeon.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Once you've done the ??? step (I also remember needing to cheese this bit quite strongly - I think I did it with Karnsteins and Crimson so I could heal up damage quickly), you need to head back into the Shattered Throne to do a few side objectives. The only tricky one is during the Ogre fight. You don't actually need to finish the final dungeon boss though.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Does vex mytho only drop when you kill atheon out when you complete the entire raid? I started at gatekeeper this week.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yes, that is the only encounter that can drop it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Booties posted:

Does vex mytho only drop when you kill atheon out when you complete the entire raid? I started at gatekeeper this week.

You don’t need to complete the entire raid, you can join at an Atheon checkpoint and still get it

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

ten atheon kills and no vex yet. I forget what they said the probability was, I know it increases each time you don't get it to drop. as I recall I think you hit 50% cumulative probability at around 10-15

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 31, 2021

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I got mine around 38 and cav got it around 44ish i think so good luck!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
32 Atheon kills and still no Vex.

The probability is estimated at 3-5%, and there doesn't appear to be bad luck protection to increase that over time.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
https://i.imgur.com/XifE3rD.gifv

Ghost Osiris chilling with Saint-14 this week. He vanishes when you get close

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Sekenr posted:

I beat it by cheeseing awfully and boringly. Explore the very edge of the arena, there are spots where you can hide behind some geometry, peep out to plink at enemies and hide to heal up, it takes a long time but its doable. Also, let me know for the shattered throne part, I still didnt finish it.

Thanks for this tip, it helps quite a bit. Haven't beaten the fight yet (just tried 14 times back to back) but I'm getting close. If i can just prevent the bosses from blasting me off into the void, I'm sure i can do it! :black101:

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I am a hunter main with a titan I’ve barely used. Am I better off using the third for another hunter so I can actually do poo poo with it? I don’t feel like leveling a character up.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Booties posted:

I am a hunter main with a titan I’ve barely used. Am I better off using the third for another hunter so I can actually do poo poo with it? I don’t feel like leveling a character up.

There's not really a point to having two of the same class like people apparently did in D1. You can still powerlevel a warlock by moving high-level guns over, and that will pull up the PL of your armor drops.

If you plan on ever doing any GMs or raids, you would much rather have a warlock than a second hunter. Plus the supers all kick rear end and you can still get the awesome furry robes from this season and Splicer.

signed, a former hunter main that now prefers warlock for anything harder than strikes or gambit

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Booties posted:

Duplicate classes don't help you level up, since you cannot get extra pinnacles on them. If you want to level up quickly, best practice is to run one of each class and do the powerful/pinnacles since weapons can be transferred between them to boost a characters light level and in turn increase the level of future Loot on that character.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Ah makes sense. Thanks

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

hiddenriverninja posted:

Duplicate classes don't help you level up, since you cannot get extra pinnacles on them. If you want to level up quickly, best practice is to run one of each class and do the powerful/pinnacles since weapons can be transferred between them to boost a characters light level and in turn increase the level of future Loot on that character.

It helps to do a sort of zig-zag order for your characters each week, so week 1: 1 2 3, week 2: 3 2 1, etc.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Thanks for this tip, it helps quite a bit. Haven't beaten the fight yet (just tried 14 times back to back) but I'm getting close. If i can just prevent the bosses from blasting me off into the void, I'm sure i can do it! :black101:

Yesss, got it after just 2 more tries last night. :) for some reason this also counted as 'complete a Forsaken Exotic quest' even though this questline is far from done.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Fallen babby

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Ace of Spades Catalyst: Get 500 kills, any way you want! That should help you get a good grasp of the weapon, and the catalyst will make it even better. And hey, if it took a while for the catalyst to drop we’ll retroactively add those kills to the count! Enjoy :)

Ticcu’s Divination Catalyst: Okay so go get some orbs and kills, and go kill 50 guardians in the crucible. Oh by the way, getting kills with the explosions from your arrows won’t count for some reason, so you need to aim down sight and ignore the main feature of this weapon. And you have to get the killing blow, obviously. Once you’re done with that come back and I’ll make you do it again, but 100 guardians this time. Also, just go do 200 of any activity, I don’t even give a gently caress if you use the bow for that. Oh but PvP doesn’t count for that poo poo unless you win.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Ace of Spades Catalyst: Get 500 kills, any way you want! That should help you get a good grasp of the weapon, and the catalyst will make it even better. And hey, if it took a while for the catalyst to drop we’ll retroactively add those kills to the count! Enjoy :)

Ticcu’s Divination Catalyst: Okay so go get some orbs and kills, and go kill 50 guardians in the crucible. Oh by the way, getting kills with the explosions from your arrows won’t count for some reason, so you need to aim down sight and ignore the main feature of this weapon. And you have to get the killing blow, obviously. Once you’re done with that come back and I’ll make you do it again, but 100 guardians this time. Also, just go do 200 of any activity, I don’t even give a gently caress if you use the bow for that. Oh but PvP doesn’t count for that poo poo unless you win.

I remember it being kills, not final blows. So you could just spray hip fire bolts instead. Did they patch that?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Was Ticcu's one of the catalysts that got boosted by season pass progress at the time? I forget which ones had that but it felt like once they were gone it became a motherfucker to complete them... Or did I make that up? Hmm...

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Eriana's vow was brutal to complete and now I'm finished I don't even want to look at the drat thing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
All of them get boosted by season pass progression but only during the season they were released in

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Eriana's vow was brutal to complete and now I'm finished I don't even want to look at the drat thing.

Yeah that was awful. I guess I should dust off my Lorentz driver for this season

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
MIDA was brutal. 200 precision kills in Crucible. Only that last shot counts and it's gotta be a yellow hit.

My poor little handies.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
On the other hand, it looks like there will be no new content until December, so now's a great time to grind out Symmetry, Tommy's Matchbook, and Duality!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Duality is actually pretty good in crucible, slug shotguns are great fun.

Just don't ape if there's a main ingredient on the other team.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, I've seen it in use here and there. The other two I had to think pretty hard to remember.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
There was a guy in a random Control match the other day just cleaning up with Tommy's Matchbook.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
I'm at 1329 7/8ths on three characters and I cannot get a kinetic pinnacle to drop. I've done like 3 weeks worth of pinnacles without a single kinetic one. Which means I'm gonna have to grind IB on three chars this week and hope that one of the 12 bounties gives me a kinetic.

Also I finally got the Cursebreaker title. gently caress whoever placed the eggs on the Keep of Honed Edges, since when was sword-flying a thing you actually have to do in this game.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

haveblue posted:

On the other hand, it looks like there will be no new content until December,
Are there any more challenges to come, or is that it?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Considering the last few sets of challenges were all low creativity "grind the game a lot" stuff I really hope they don't have any more coming. They'll probably all be "get a thousand sidearm kills in strikes" type bullshit.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Hobnob posted:

I'm at 1329 7/8ths on three characters and I cannot get a kinetic pinnacle to drop. I've done like 3 weeks worth of pinnacles without a single kinetic one. Which means I'm gonna have to grind IB on three chars this week and hope that one of the 12 bounties gives me a kinetic.

Also I finally got the Cursebreaker title. gently caress whoever placed the eggs on the Keep of Honed Edges, since when was sword-flying a thing you actually have to do in this game.

I don’t know what character you run but I did that by thundercrashing to the island. The real fucker was that one in the far window behind the temple.

Booties posted:

Yeah that was awful. I guess I should dust off my Lorentz driver for this season

I got almost all my guardian kills for that catalyst from Gambit invasions, not crucible. Definitely get it done while it’s boosted either way though!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
10 weeks of challenges, same as the previous 2 seasons. Except here the "that's enough, clean up what you missed before the next season" period isn't a couple of weeks, it's a couple of months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

PERMACAV 50 posted:

I don’t know what character you run but I did that by thundercrashing to the island. The real fucker was that one in the far window behind the temple.

I got almost all my guardian kills for that catalyst from Gambit invasions, not crucible. Definitely get it done while it’s boosted either way though!

Thanks for the tip. I haven’t touched gambit yet this season but I will now that all the challenges are unlocked. Does the weekly crucible valor boost affect this as well