Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
*bottom tree striker shoulder charges into thread*

*still going*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

nothing is happening to guns so stuff thats viable now is likely viable next week and there are plenty of god rolls to chase.

Right. I was waiting to Minaj until today for max drops. Oops.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Gunsmith Robot has like 100 mods in his pool

He sells 2 a day

You get one every 3rd gunsmith engram or so

And this is the only source of Traction lmao

Planetary/crucible/vanguard upgrade packages give mods as well. I got traction after turning in about 20k planetary mats.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Hobnob posted:

I used to think traction wasn't that important but the longer I've gone without it the worse it feels. (I also made the mistake of trying out the PC version, which didn't help when I went back to PS4).
Where can those mods drop again? Is it worth turning a shitload of tokens in to Zavala and Shaxx?

Yep! It’ll drop from rank ups packages from wherever so slam those tokens and mats until you get it.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Condolences brother

I got it after 7000 gunsmith parts and 7000 Shaxxvala tokens, and have heard of people getting it from their very first engram or after 25,000 planetary tokens

It was the very last “base” mod I got. Something like 15-20k planetary mats

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

xzzy posted:

I switch between PC and xbox a lot now and it's super frustrating how annoying SMG's are to use on console and how glorious they are on PC.

It's not that PC has no recoil, it's just massively easier to manage it with a mouse.

It is 100 percent that PC has considerably less recoil. I have a XIM and a kbm plugged into my pc and if you hold down the trigger and don’t manage the recoil with the mouse it travels slightly. With the mouse plugged into the xim it flies up the screen. (Using Recluse)

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
Yes, I understand the piece of technology I’ve used for nearly a decade. Again, as stated, with just a trigger pull and no attempt to control recoil there is considerably more with the mouse connected to the xim.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

xzzy posted:

Congratulations! But if you're using a xim you're a controller user, not a mouse user.

Without xim on a PC recoil is trivial to counteract. Recoil exists but it is dramatically easier to deal with and SMG's are wayyyy more fun to use.

...... this has nothing to do with anything. I’m comparing the respective recoils from the respective inputs without trying to control recoil. I tested both inputs. The initial statement was something like “it’s not that pc has no recoil it’s that it’s easier to manage” which isn’t the case, having tested it, side by side, seconds after each other. I understand that the pc sees my xim as a controller. Jesus.

Bettyspagh3tt1 fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Oct 24, 2019

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

xzzy posted:

It has everything to do with it because controller and straight mouse (no xim) have completely different parameters. Max sensitivity on a controller is significantly lower than with a raw mouse, and when you use a controller on PC Destiny, that sensitivity cap is applied. A PC in 'controller mode' also has more recoil and more aim magnetism.

It's trivial to test on a PC. Load up a warlock and use chaos reach. Pop that super when using the xim and try to tag multiple targets in the tribute hall. Now do it again with the raw mouse, then come back here and explain to us how there's no difference between controller and mouse.

(fun trivia note: max turn speed using a controller on PC is lower than max turn speed on xbox. it's not a huge difference, maybe 5-10% but it's definitely there)

I did test it. With two mice, one native, one connected to xim. Side by side. With an SMG, the first day of cross play. With no attempt to control recoil from either input. The native mouse barely travels up the screen, the mouse connected to the XIM has far more recoil.

The statement was that “it’s not that pc has less recoil, it’s that it’s easier to control” obviously, it’s easier to control, I’m not disputing that. I’m disputing the “it’s not that pc has less recoil” it does! Much less!

Never once did I say there is no difference between controller and mouse! Where would you even get that? That’s the polar opposite of what I’m saying...

poo poo, you test it. Grab your recluse and plug your Xbox controller in. Empty the clip with the mouse and then with the controller and tell me there isn’t less recoil on PC w/native mouse. I’ll wait. Recluse is a laser beam w/native mouse, not at all with controller/xim (without trying to control recoil with either input).

Bettyspagh3tt1 fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 24, 2019

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

xzzy posted:

I did test it.

https://i.imgur.com/Gnkwo0B.gifv

Mouse has less recoil. It's not zero recoil. At most it's a 30% reduction in recoil.

So we’re in agreement. It has considerably less recoil. Thanks!

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
It is both the significantly reduced amount of recoil and the ability to control it that makes SMGs better. Not one or the other. That’s the point I’m trying to make. Recluse has so little in comparison it might as well have none.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

xzzy posted:

*Bettspagh3tt1 standing on their brand new football field, arms crossed, frowning*

"You know what, I think the goalposts should be moved about 20 feet to the left."

Just about where those crosshairs are on the controller recoil scheme

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Fair enough but can we reverse 69

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
Upgrade anything, regret nothing.

(I’ve wasted all my high end mats)

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
Nice meltdown.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

IronSaber posted:

Fair, but Bay is an instance where you can be by yourself instead of fighting other blueberries for kills.

My go to as well.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Conspiracy Theory: they never planned for that terrible idea. This is a smoke screen so we're celebrating the fact that we're gonna play D1 mode on D1 maps with D1 rules for D1 rewards

Sold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Insane Totoro posted:

Hi5 best gun day for a TFR man is one he forgot he had.

Down low

2 slow

Nerd