Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Soricidus posted:

There are ads on youtube?!

In fact, on my TV before playing a trailer, it played a 5-second ad spot...for Stadia. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
It's a conspiracy!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Like 90% of the ads I see on Youtube are for Google products like Stadia, Google Wiretap or lately Youtube Kids.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

njsykora posted:

Like 90% of the ads I see on Youtube are for Google products like Stadia, Google Wiretap or lately Youtube Kids.
Lucky you. 100% of the ones I see lately are that one with the dude who's singing "here i go again on my own" and it cuts from him being on a sick hog to being at a construction site and a coworker starts to say something but then the five seconds are up and I can hit skip but it's been this way for a month and I'm losing resilience and might have to give in and stop and find out what the ad's for because I can't keep hitting skip I can't I've fought back all that I can and I'm tired I'm just tired and I want it all to stop

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I prefer the ads that are a survey where you can just hit skip.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder how many people will truly have this thing by tomorrow. I'm guessing not a lot.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just you wait until you wake up tomorrow, bedsheets covered in blood, as you find a severed chromecast under your pillow

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

ErrEff posted:

I wonder how many people will truly have this thing by tomorrow. I'm guessing not a lot.

especially because the release day is tuesday

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

fuf posted:

especially because the release day is tuesday

Ooh, that means Tuesday is Double Complete Disaster Day, since Shenmue 3 also releases then.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

gschmidl posted:

Ooh, that means Tuesday is Double Complete Disaster Day, since Shenmue 3 also releases then.

drat what could have been - it could have been a Stadia exclusive launch title

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Well color me embarassed, I thought the release was set for the 18th. Even so, it doesn't sound like this will be in too many people's hands by Tuesday.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
The launch lineup has improved, 10 additional games:
Attack on Titan 2
Farming Simulator 2019
Final Fantasy XV
Football Manager 2020
Grid 2019
Metro Exodus
NBA 2k20
Rage 2
Trials Rising
Wolfenstein Youngblood

eh, that's not a bad list :shrug:
I wonder how they're gonna handle FF15, do you have to have Pro to use it as an existing subscriber?

edit wait 15 isn't the MMO duh

edit 2: oh I guess everyone went back to the other thread what the gently caress.

Klyith fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Nov 18, 2019

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

My irresponsible gamble just shipped, and here I was thinking I'd have time to review the proper hot takes in 2 hours first. Oh well.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Klyith posted:

The launch lineup has improved, 10 additional games:
Attack on Titan 2
Farming Simulator 2019
Final Fantasy XV
Football Manager 2020
Grid 2019
Metro Exodus
NBA 2k20
Rage 2
Trials Rising
Wolfenstein Youngblood

eh, that's not a bad list :shrug:
I wonder how they're gonna handle FF15, do you have to have Pro to use it as an existing subscriber?

15 isnt the mmo, its the one square hyped up a live stream where they announced they were abandoning the pc version and cancelling all further development.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

univbee posted:

My irresponsible gamble just shipped, and here I was thinking I'd have time to review the proper hot takes in 2 hours first. Oh well.

can you just lock this so we don't have 2 dumb threads on stadia and I'm not bumping the wrong one with old news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Klyith posted:

can you just lock this so we don't have 2 dumb threads on stadia

Yeah that's fair.

All hot takes to this thread please https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3885007