Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

moi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

derp posted:

I haven't played mafia in a couple years but have been getting into town of salem lately so thought i'd give it a go again. looking forward to being killed d1 so i can leave for another year or 2.

play with us my posting pal

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

слава ссср

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

I fear my comrades are already drunk on cheap vodka

Fear not comrade, vodka is the drink of the motherland, we’d all be good to have some

Nostrovia

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If people got masonries and I didn’t I’m piss

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote binus

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

Nah I need to stay alive.

I'd legit vote this right now if I wasn't already voting you

Not even due to the individual exceptionalism more in line with Western capitalists

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Whoa hey look at that, posts.

Binus is tough to read. He's different than usual here, plus derp's right and I don't really want to kill the post leader.

“He’s scummy, but he’s the post leader” is the inverse of derp’s argument and as a result should be equally dumb.

If you think he’s being scummy, why would you let him continue to churn out bullshit?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

derp posted:

i'm not, but you should make some real posts too. what are your thoughts on who the badguys are?

how about you, derp, tell us who you think is scum while you are at it?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz’ post history is very unnerving (the weird voting poo poo?) but I’m getting more a “child-on-a-sugar-rush,” vibe than malice

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

It's even shittier than most

You didn’t answer his question, is it scummy or not

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

Nah I need to stay alive.

b-minus1 posted:

Nah it was actually me looking at the player list and randomly picking s person to vote in an attempt to generate some discussion.

his “I need to stay alive” post just didn’t need to happen and feels really unnerving on the wording. I think it’s scum attempting to “generate discussion” while not actually instigating any conversation, without trying to really promote conversation. He wants to be around, he wants to be helping lead discussion, but he doesn’t want anyone to actually be developing thoughts.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’d vote Toal though, too

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Are there any good cases?

Giving more context to the binus quote I used up there

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

well, gently caress, I hadn’t considered that

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

LOL I was right about masonries. Even for the weekend the thread was dead so I figured there had to be some sort of oot communication

this deduction is absolutely bonkers to me but maybe I’ve not been playing enough mafia recently

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

well this is loving stupid

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

its day one just vote dummy

??? Read the thread??

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly posted:

Toalpaz is true Russian sacrificing himself for our greater glory

Not a huge fan of b- lynch but I like him better for dead than toalpaz

How does it make even the slightest sense as a town player to do what he did?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly posted:

You're not voting him either obviously there appears to be more than meets the eye

Honestly? Totally honestly? I think Toal is jumping on a grenade for binus

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly posted:

Honestly I'm not sold on either of them and I think my scumdar is off from last game because I'd vote hum or AA right now and I can't tell you a good reason why

hum I could see but why AA?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly posted:

gently caress that was a good reason

Goddamn hypocrite over here

What did you find so suspect about it?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

love 2 casually chat with my pal Squiggly 50-loving-minutes before deadline

Where the gently caress are ANY of you

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Looks like merk replaced Tommunist?

Can we get confirmation on this Dancer??

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

A Sometimes Food posted:

Also I'm now leaning toward Binus being a loyal member of the party.

Maybe Toal jumped on a grenade to protect another filthy counter-revolutionary but honestly I'm leaning toward that being a bluff that didn't pay off given he had a pretty good power role.

this post is logically bad, but doesn’t seem like a very scummy thing to say either

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I would definitely vote binus today, maybe Tommu and Humalong too, weird rear end votes at deadline yesterday

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

I sat on Toal all day, called them scum repeatedly, hopped off because people were talking and Toal was at -2, then jumped back on when people stopped talking

calling my vote weird is certainly a tactic you can take

also I no longer have to talk about the failed state known as the USSR in a cloying, sycophantic manner so that's pretty freeing.

you put a dude at -1, with no acknowledgement, and then he got hammered next post. Yes he was scum, but there's some REALLY weird poo poo that went on with the lynch yesterday

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

Uh, why is it logically bad? It makes sense to me. toals self vote could have been a bluff to get people to vote me or someone else. Jester gambit. Toals final “gg ez” post implies that’s what they were trying to do. Another possibility (though not correct) is that toal and I are scum and we decided that their role is less important to lose than mine.

or the skill level of a dude who will pretend to be jester even after lynch was deemed less important than a person who has played mafia for awhile.

I see literally nothing in the lynch yesterday that would even tangentially *imply* you're town.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I still think this, but if you think your vote on Toal is some insanely townie play, you're wrong.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

There were 40 minutes to go and the thread was completely dead. I'd be more suspicious of merk/Tomm. Their posts were absolutely awful yesterday (their only content was a joke case on binus and then they hammered toal).

Don't agree with the characterization of the thread being "completely dead," but maybe you're right? Agreed with Tommu/merk's posts, but think much of the same about your votes.

The lynch on toal felt very simulated and artificial. It was not one of those lynches where the town's like "ah gently caress it we just gotta lynch." It felt deliberate. Therefore, I'm suspicious of binus, Humalong, and Tommerk.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’d vote merk simply for being in the shoes of Tommu yesterday. That hammer was so suspicious. Usually people make some kind of fuckin’ observation.

Didn’t even think that Toal may have just thrown in the towel and his team went with it.

There is so obviously some scummy poo poo going on at the end of yesterday I’m really leery of people attempting to downplay it all. The binus vote and Toal self-vote coming right after just..that’s not organic. Not without some noticeable anger, not, “day 1 just vote.”

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote binus

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I cannot even begin to fathom a universe where binus is town and Toal was scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

Sandwolf It’s good that you are trying to dive in to the d1 voting to scum hunt. Include me in any scenario that you want. But please Make sure you include a scenario where toal is scum and I am town. It will be helpful later in the game especially if I am lunched today. I’m about to do the same thing and look at all toal votes and interactions with toal as I find it hard to believe that zero scum voted toal or at the very least, bussed them at any point yesterday.

Alright then dude, why don’t you provide a situation where you’re town and Toal was scum. Instead of a lot of words about the ~importance of the possibility~

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Sandy what do you think of ep

Just read through him, he seems pretty fixated on binus. But that’s a null tell for me rn. If binus flips scum, I think he’s worth a reread for authenticity in his posts, but I wouldn’t vote him today. He doesn’t even have many jokeposts about the Glory of the CCCP before jumping at binus pretty quickly, though who am I to judge anything off of that, I think I had like one.

Wouldn’t vote today

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

I want to try a content game bear with me

Epsilon, Sandy, squiggly; pretend it's EOD yesterday and we had a twilight, what do you think about taste?

nothing, he didn’t say anything and I haven’t played with him as recently as the others to remember a meta

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Epsilon Plus posted:

it makes absolute sense; taste isn't a bad player, he just needs to actually warm up and get to posting. it's definitely plausible that he was the result of a redirection, though. who do you think the intended target may have been?

what is the point of this line of discussion when you are setup speccing on roles we don’t even know exist in the game?

binus is just muddying the water with anything

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

Sandwolf It’s good that you are trying to dive in to the d1 voting to scum hunt. Include me in any scenario that you want. But please Make sure you include a scenario where toal is scum and I am town. It will be helpful later in the game especially if I am lunched today. I’m about to do the same thing and look at all toal votes and interactions with toal as I find it hard to believe that zero scum voted toal or at the very least, bussed them at any point yesterday.

Sandwolf posted:

Alright then dude, why don’t you provide a situation where you’re town and Toal was scum. Instead of a lot of words about the ~importance of the possibility~

Why don’t you answer this question instead binus. You brought up the scenario, help me visualize it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

Why don’t you answer this question instead binus. You brought up the scenario, help me visualize it.

(he won’t answer it, cuz he’s scum, vote him)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

You’re gonna have to wait.

If you guys wanna turbo me or whatever then just do it so the game can continue without sandwolf’s tunneling.

I’m not tryna be (overly) antagonistic, but like, no offense dude, you’re clearly screening and dodging and I’m just trying to point it out so I can point to things to hopefully get you lynched because I think you’re scum