Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED
I like Gavin Hoey's videos on Adorama's channel. He'a tad bit 'YouTuber' in his intros and outros. But outside of that I like how he discusses bits while in the studio. I do wish he'd go a little bit more into his post-production process though as sometimes he just kinda does things without explaining why.

I also like Daniel Norton's channel (and he's done some stuff for Adorama as well). Down to earth, calm, speaks to his experiences, and has fun in the studio while explaining things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

Dangerllama posted:

Is this where I post my love for Omar Gonzales? As a novice I’ve gotten a ton of useful Fuji information out of his channel. And I feel extremely seen by his dad-joke vibe.

https://youtu.be/xBqGbS9A_Nc

Hadn't heard of him till now. Watched a couple of his videos and I like his mix of being down to earth, goofy, and still covering some good info. Made sure to subscribe to his channel.

Here's my big bitch point with a good lot of photographers on YouTube: they hardly ever talk about their own work. Like say with the Northrups, Fro, Peter McKinnon, or Pierre T. Lambert. I literally have no clue what they really do (I know Tony & Chelsea do some wildlife stuff but that's about it). I can't connect to that at all. Where by comparison people like Sean Tucker, Joe Edelman, Ed Verosky (though he hasn't posted anything in a while), Irene Rudnyk, and Panoptic Chopsticks are talking about what they do. I wish more photogs with YouTube channels would do that.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

President Beep posted:

I enjoy Kai more now that he's no longer with DigitalRev, blatantly trying to emulate Top Gear.

I know that's cliche as gently caress, but it's also spot on.

I hadn't considered that angle before... but you're right.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

teraflame posted:

I really like Ian Wong, ex digital rev guy. His videos are thoughtful and well edited. I just wish he did more.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXV7bLiYu6DSX73KuoprBzw

Wasn't familiar with him before you linked his channel (never watched much DigitalRev aside from Kai W's stuff). Watched a few of his videos and I really like how he talks through the creative and philosophical aspects of photography. And the fact that he's certainly not a YouTuber.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

bloops posted:

Evan Ranft made some weepy rear end video about losing an MLB job and then pivoted into a heartfelt talk to other “creators.”

These guys can’t help but be dipshits.

I have absolutely no idea who the gently caress this person is. But just based on this alone I'm guessing I've not missed much.