Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
What happened to handkerchief weren't they a good idea? It's a little cloth for blowing snot on. You can clean them. A lot of old men still have one in their pocket but it seems to be a goodbye practice

I like the idea and I think but should be culturally retained

The polyester ones are a nightmare, but the linen ones are hard to find

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
gang warfare

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
what is the thing that freddy wears from scooby doo

bring that back (was it ever here???)

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
They carry disease

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I got some handkerchiefs from my grandmas possessions when she died so I carry those around whenever I remember to, only use them for sweat though I'll never put snot in my pocket.

See also: bandanas when I'm out being active and pocket squares when I'm suited and booted

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
A good hanker chief is hard to find as a good can opener

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

what is the thing that freddy wears from scooby doo

bring that back (was it ever here???)

It's an ascot but idk if it was ever a popular thing as Scooby Doo fashion was already outdated when I was a kid

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Yeah op let me offer you this snot covered rag to dry your sweaty forehead with. Sounds great.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I always carry two: of for sneezing and one for not.

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

microfiber handkerchiefs marketed to millenials

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
just blow your nose in a paper towel and throw it out. jeez you want to carry snot around in your pocket? gross

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Because if you choose the wrong color handkerchief people might piss and/or poo poo on you.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
video game tshirts don't have pockets

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Twisted by big tissue industry. Dont buy something practical, always consume. Consume.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
Keeping a reusable snot rag in your pocket isn't a trend I'm sad to see go sorry OP. Maybe you can dress up in one of those ridiculous old-timey suits with one and bring them back OP

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Wearing suit jackets and blazers has become more rare, and those were the main use-cases for handkerchiefs in terms of haberdashery.

Also, what happened your English? You used to sentences when post.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Idk my life is an endless fountain of cum and boogers so it’s weird I haven’t even looked into a pocket square. I think those aristocrats use them to mop their chops usually but you can also use them for cum and boogers. :shrug:

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer
After washing pants with Kleenex in their pockets one too many times, I'm starting to see the wisdom of handkerchiefs.

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?
What about those times when you get sick and go through like two boxes of kleenex in a weekend? Are you going to keep sixty handkerchiefs around jic?

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?
Just thought about this some more and I realized a soft cotton handkerchief would probably feel a lot better on my moustache area than scratchy paper tissues...

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Are you talking about like bandanas that you'd take to work, or nice handerkerchief some would wear with a suit?

E: to clarify, people still carry nice cloth bandanas in my field of work, but I've always felt a handkerchief was equivalent to a pair of cufflinks. Not an everyday thing.

Nice Guy Patron fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 29, 2019

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i don't use paper towels and people are loving flummoxed when they ask for one and I hand them a cloth napkin or a hand towel. anyway americans are trash is why op

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Somewhere there is the greatest magician in the world. Weeping as his forearm bleeds as he pulls more and more of them from his sleeve into the growing pile

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

green chicken feet posted:

After washing pants with Kleenex in their pockets one too many times, I'm starting to see the wisdom of handkerchiefs.

Why are you stuffing tissue paper into your pockets? You throw it away when you are done using it

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Pitdragon posted:

Why are you stuffing tissue paper into your pockets? You throw it away when you are done using it

I like to keep a clean one in my pocket in case I need to blow my nose when out and about. Allergies.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Personally my nasal load size is large enough that a single blow is going to put that hanky out of commission for the day, making carrying it around pointless. Also they tend to degrade fairly quickly and end up losing whatever old timey classiness they might have had after only a couple of washes, by which point they look like rags. Plenty of old men in the nursing home I worked at had them, and there is a certain genre of Mr Bean like intellectually disabled folk who always dress in dated business or formal wear that still use them.

I'd pin the decline on a combination of the greater awareness of germ theory and sanitation and that most men are dressed in such a way that their only pockets are fairly tight pants pockets rather than one loose enough to not be smearing snot into your pants or hand in the process of stashing them.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I use a hanky as a combination cum towel and snot rag FYI

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I sculpt my cum and booger encrusted hanky into a beautiful swan at the end of each day, and then I let it harden overnight, take to the beach in the morning, and let it go out with the tide, hoping someone, somewhere, will appreciate it. Then it’s off to the handkerchief store for another days supply. Surely my cum swans make it somewhere, they must, or else what is this all for? :unsmith:

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

They say that if you release a thousand cumbooger swans into the ocean your wish will be granted by the gods. Unfortunately this superstition has contributed significantly to the Great Pacific Cumbooger Patch.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
A bandanna is a useful handkerchief,
but a handkerchief is a useless-rear end bandanna.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
They're loving gross OP hth

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
People got tired of dealing with tiny gnomes stealing them for bedsheets, OP.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I pissed on every single one of um n now nobody anybody wanna use them.

Sm drat h

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I always shoot my snot onto the ground, it’s good for the environment and I can use it to lube my dick.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

grindr obsoleted the hanky code and threw the entire handkerchief industry into disarray, destroying thousands of jobs

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Just snort the boogers through your sinus and swallow it like a real man.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Farmer blow

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Burt Sexual posted:

Farmer blow

Burt's farmersonly.com username.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Resting Lich Face posted:

Burt's farmersonly.com username.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

green chicken feet posted:

Now instead of finding shredded paper bits all over your clothes you'll find boogers, sounds great