Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Scott Adams thinks he's a hypnotist, which is all the proof anyone should need that it's fake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i saw a smokin hot babe with big tity honker's and she hypnotized me into a boner

The proper term is titnotized.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ratios and Tendency posted:

The guys calling it fake are misunderstanding what it actually is. It's not magically compelling you to do things against your will. The best way I can think to describe it is: if you're open to it, the hypnotist's words take the place of your inner monologue while your "self" goes silent.

So it's just playing along. Got it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I don't think you have.

I'm really sorry that I had to be the one to tell you you can't actually hypnotize girls.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If you think about it paying for a prostitute is quintessential hypnosis because you are convincing someone receptive to do what you suggest to them.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

That man reading a rousing speech at a podium and everyone clapping? Absolute scam, anyone in grade school could read a bunch of words :agesilaus:

If your just saying hypnosis is manipulation then just say manipulation. Why use an obviously loaded term to obfuscate?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If I want to eat Mexican and my wife wants burgers, and I convince her to get Mexican, did I just hypnotize my wife? I want to know if I'm a master-hypnotist, since apparently changing minds in any way, shape, or form is hypnosis.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dont Touch ME posted:

I really want to get people who say stuff like this to smoke a nice fat bowl of salvia extract. Just take a massive rip of some 100x. Derealization + delirium and rigid philosophies mix like fluorine and magnesium :science:

Altered states are hella real, but you need hard drugs and not ASMR.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Is that what kids call dropping DMT these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Icochet posted:

My eldest lifted up his bright yes and asked "daddy, what's a prayer?"

I hope you slapped his fedora off his head