Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
No Cav. They're putting a lot onto Jakobsen delivering.

https://twitter.com/GcnRacing/status/1541400416105144326?s=20&t=pFL91JUK8ay_ykO1sWtV6A

Was hoping they might put Remco in to appease to sponsors with Alaphilippe and Cav not going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Wow, no breaking the record for Cav. Though I think there’s only a few pure sprint stages so maybe not the best chance for him anyways?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Lol at them not taking the French national champion either

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Netflix must be raging

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

You'd have thought the story of the record would be enough alone as far as getting sponsors on the telly

Hed be an interview magnet

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Well apparently Cav found out he wasn't on the squad via... Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfT5UCUosdY

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Carpet posted:

Oof.

When’s his contract up? Just surprised by this since half the tour would be around his story.

nwin fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 27, 2022

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Pretty tough choice really, Cav has the story but Jakobsen has been the best sprinter in the peloton this year.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

:sickos:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
europol just did a raid of a bunch of Bahrain rider homes

:sickos: :sickos: :sickos:

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Carpet posted:

He probably knew more or less. It's hard to imagine him riding the full Giro and Nationals if he had a real chance of going to the Tour.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

peanut- posted:

Pretty tough choice really, Cav has the story but Jakobsen has been the best sprinter in the peloton this year.

There's space in the team given that they're not taking Alaphillipe either. No room for Senechal (now French national champion) either, which is weird as he's one of their strongest sprint train normally.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

There's space in the team given that they're not taking Alaphillipe either. No room for Senechal (now French national champion) either, which is weird as he's one of their strongest sprint train normally.

Both Cav and Jakobsen as two sprint leaders would be a disaster. Who do you ride for each day - Jakobsen is better, but Cav has the storyline with the record? And you know that if you choose to ride for whoever and he doesn't win, the other one is guaranteed to get asked by the press "what do you think about the other QS sprinter not winning, and would you have won that stage today if they had chosen you to be the leader?" How do you think Cav answers that? It would be a huge mess.

gohuskies fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jun 27, 2022

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
Is Alaphilippe still injured? Why wouldn’t you take your cool French star to the Tour de France?

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

I think we have to assume he is.

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker
Seems so yeah

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

He just had his first race back at the national championship, doubt he's recovered enough to be in Tour shape.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Jakobsen is 100% crashing out in the first stage now.

It is written.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That would be pretty funny. Nothing serious, just bins it in the prologue slipping on a road marking.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

Jakobsen is 100% crashing out in the first stage now.

It is written.

Even if he doesn't I'm not sure he makes it past the Alps.

Also lol Bahrain, didn't they get raided last year too?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah and they didn't find anything. probably very jealous british teams trying to narc on them

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Leave my boy Matej alone

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

peanut- posted:

Jakobsen is still less than 2 years from the crash that put him in a coma, so I guess there's some sensational story that way, too.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Ineos also can't tell the difference between the Yateses, they referred to Adam as a "multiple Tour stage winner" when that's the one that isn't theirs

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

UCI have just dropped the requirement for teams with 2+ positive covid cases to drop out, and also appear to be allowing riders with positive cases to remain in the race. I’m sure that’ll end well.

https://twitter.com/nealrogers/status/1541793595056848896?s=20&t=qeBGMQFaxyf603WJYVA2Hw

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Ineos also can't tell the difference between the Yateses, they referred to Adam as a "multiple Tour stage winner" when that's the one that isn't theirs

lol

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

UCI have just dropped the requirement for teams with 2+ positive covid cases to drop out, and also appear to be allowing riders with positive cases to remain in the race. I’m sure that’ll end well.

https://twitter.com/nealrogers/status/1541793595056848896?s=20&t=qeBGMQFaxyf603WJYVA2Hw

lmao

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They're petrified they have the same thing that happened at the Swiss Tour and lose half the field in the first week.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The IYates has never won, because he is the beta to his brother's alpha.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

Fortunately there appears to still be a pathway for the cycling team doctors - who are renowned throughout the medical field for their ethics, integrity, and commitment to always putting the health of their riders first - to pull COVID-positive riders from the race so they don't infect everyone else.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

gohuskies posted:

Fortunately there appears to still be a pathway for the cycling team doctors - who are renowned throughout the medical field for their ethics, integrity, and commitment to always putting the health of their riders first - to pull COVID-positive riders from the race so they don't infect everyone else.

Delercq is missing the tour through Covid.

Thats a massive loss for Quickstep.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

goatface posted:

The IYates has never won, because he is the beta to his brother's alpha.

Simply refer to them as good Yates or bad Yates depending on how well they are doing in that particular race

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Netflix must be raging

Whats Netflix doing? Aware me

bradburypancakes
Sep 9, 2014

hmm. hmmmmmmmm

African AIDS cum posted:

Whats Netflix doing? Aware me

They’re filming a drive to survive-esque series about the Tour this year. Like the Movistar series but hopefully not all full of bin men

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Well if they get a police raid it could be a boon

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

serious gaylord posted:

Bring back Stijn Vandenbergh.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

serious gaylord posted:

Ibarguren was a bigger loss lol

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/DansLaMusette/status/1542201921628430336?t=y5272gmhpF-uM8IZCNtZZw&s=19

Lmfao

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
If Jakobsen crashes out the organisers are gonna find rule 32(g) in sub appendix 5d that somehow lets them put Cav in mid-race.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I don't know if staff at the Tour or at QS are responsible for choosing the photo but whoever did is a genuine hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/SpoelJo/status/1542119135257284615?s=20&t=r_VPo35ZMNVWaQA3SmkoVw

Jumbo pre-tour training camp was a bit unconventual