Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
It's only page 1 but already I'm hearing that Tejay has been dropped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
It was a garbage ruling in the long storied history of garbage British Cycling rulings, they banned him for breaking a rule 3 months before it was written. Whole thing is an arse-covering exercise for them not running locked ingame equipment in the races.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

lmao that there was literally pay to win stuff in a national championships

Not even pay to win, it's 50,000m of ingame climbing and holy poo poo you best believe I'm shortcutting that any way I can if I want to race online, same as everyone else with a brain

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

paddyboat posted:

i got yelled at for posting about the red hook crit crash and y’all in here talking about video games, smh
I dunno man, British Cycling loving up at administrating and handing a lengthy ban to a pro cyclist for something that didn't even happen on the road is pretty on topic for a pro cycling thread

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The Phinneyest thing:

https://twitter.com/CSkinner/status/1184786179171983362

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
more like marginal brains

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Italian government making all those team decisions irrelevant anyway

https://twitter.com/laflammerouge16/status/1235277668066758656?s=19

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
At least. Remember the first outbreaks were last year and China still doesn't have a handle on it 3 months later.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Official confirmation Strade Bianche is off, looking to reschedule:

https://twitter.com/StradeBianche/status/1235542977386131463

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Everything Is Cross Now

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
It's because that charity was an incredibly obvious scam of some kind who would definitely have "mysteriously" not had the money they said they did.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
When this year's gets cancelled he can wear it next year

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
what the gently caress is this bollocks now?

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1285926318102720515?s=20

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

serious gaylord posted:

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pole-in-middle-of-finish-sparks-sprint-crash-at-gp-kranj/

Pole in the middle of the road 50m from the finish? Why yes thats an excellent position.

From the comments it sounds like it was a finishing circuit so they all knew it was there at least, could maybe have done with pushing the finish line a few hundred metres back though.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Thomas probably heading up another grand tour I'd have thought.

Also looking at that squad and the lack of British riders made me wonder who the next wave of Brits coming through are and it's absolutely nobody isn't it, domestic scene is so poo poo that without Sky stealing all the track riders to develop there's just nothing there.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Yep, pretty much nails it. As it stands, the only realistic way for a young rider to step up from youth levels to Conti level is to move abroad as soon as you can to a country where the development ladder exists, and the number of riders who can do this are obviously limited.

I look at riders like Ed Laverack who is undoubtedly a talented climber who could perform at Conti level in Euro mountain races, but he's being forced into becoming a YouTube personality first and foremost because moving abroad simply isn't an option for him, and he can't develop his skillset on the UK calendar.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

Sure, but should we not just be a bit suspicious that all of Jumbo are suddenly way ahead of even ineos?

They've always had strong riders but I think this is the first year they've had super domestiques comparable to Ineos. Roglic as your leader with Dumoulin, Kruijswijk, Van Aert, Kuss, Tony Martin and Gesink in support is a hell of a squad for a race like the Dauphine.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Football is absolutely going to have a 90s cycling tier doping reveal at some point and people are definitely going to give a poo poo about it when it does.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Feels Villeneuve posted:

like if he had just been quiet and done crazy poo poo on dope like Michael Rasmussen deciding to solo win every mountain stage at the 2006-2007 TdFs, that would have been badass

I mean if Froome is/was doping he paid a lot of it back with that crazy Giro win, for sure

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

African AIDS cum posted:

Bayern running circles around Barca was loving comical

Wild how that game came after a Spanish doping ring got busted in January isn't it

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Adam is the slow Yates, really can't see him doing much at Ineos

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
well that's what happens when you play silly buggers

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

serious gaylord posted:

Roglic just grabbing Fraille there and giving him a 'See, thats what fuckin happens you twat' was loving lmao

the whole thing was pretty much the perfect outcome: team that starts it has the guy crash, he's not injured, everyone else gets to yell 'I fuckin told you so'

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Would also stop every bike frame from going down the aero route too.

Yeah I want to see some proper aero/weight tradeoffs in frame design instead of the 'spare weight? gently caress it more aero' approach that everyone's got going on now.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Every stage is a GC stage now :getin:

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

I guess Uran feels good enough to hang onto roglic's wheel while the team goes for a stage win.

or they're setting up for him to attack over to them for a GC lead in the hopes we're done by Monday, which would be Froome at the Giro-tier 4d chess

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Everyone's all "ban team radios for a more exciting race" but I reckon what we need is 25 day grand tours except after 12 stages at the end of each day there's a draw with an increasing chance that a ball is pulled saying "race over now".

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Hmm, Austrian and Croatian interests in the new wave of doping you say? Wonder what country is near... ah. I see.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
There is the possibility that everyone has just had much more rest and recovery than they would normally get in a season cycle so have come in fresher and smashed it, these are typical late season events that are suddenly early season following a longer period of recovery than normal.

Then again that's exactly what a doper would claim is the reason so who the gently caress even knows at this point.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

peanut- posted:

Just weather? It's got to be a lot warmer in Italy in September than March.

Adriatic coast typically sees more winds in winter so could just be a calm day vs a headwind.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Yeah there's also the whole 'rider who got injured in the first week of the season but then on their first race back smashed it' thing that crops up more often than you'd think so there's prob something there. Doubt it will change much going forward though because sponsors are not going to be happy if the big names of a team only show up twice a year.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Pogacar probably can't but someone down in 5th or so in GC could, in the hopes that it causes a peloton standoff for eg Jumbo trying to coax work out of the GC teams for 2nd/3rd/4th.

Yates tried two days ago but the Jumbotrain pulled him back easily

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
come on the big peen

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
extremely poggers

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Has roglic been given the wrong bike? He just looks awful on it.

hell it looks like he's got the wrong legs

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This is the least Normal thing I've seen in my life and I don't give a poo poo

anything goes as long as it's Extremely Cool imo

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
unbelievable

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

it was all of it

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
https://twitter.com/mountain_ghosts/status/1307352976739176448

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Xabi posted:

So you’re saying that Team Sky were doped to the gills? If that’s what you’re saying then I agree. Fully.

I mean, I'm not not saying it