Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

STR posted:

I've been pulled over more times since moving here than I did from 2005 to 2018. Williamson County deputies are bored, and really don't like people in beaters. <my suburb> police are bored too.

Cops here never pull anyone over unless you're doing something really stupid, I haven't been pulled over in 20 years, and haven't seen anyone pulled over in a long time. When I do it's usually a speed trap or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

There is but one perfect mashup. Really hits its stride at the chorus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPtJt4A7iOA

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Happy Halloween!
My shirt has a dooting skeleton in our and my car passed it's MOT so it's a good day.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

STR posted:

I've been pulled over more times since moving here than I did from 2005 to 2018. Williamson County deputies are bored, and really don't like people in beaters. <my suburb> police are bored too.

So you definitely need a "gently caress the Police" bumper sticker, then.

You Am I posted:

That feels really forced, no real mix between the two songs.

It's no NIN's Perfect Drug/Taylor Swift's Shake it off mash up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhvXST1Rc3g

That fits together ridiculously well.

I'll have to listen to the others Olympic Mathlete posted later.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Cops here never pull anyone over unless you're doing something really stupid, I haven't been pulled over in 20 years, and haven't seen anyone pulled over in a long time. When I do it's usually a speed trap or something.

I've been only pulled over for speeding (rightfully), and twice over 30 years for no front license plate, but only a warning. The first time I was sanding and repainting the front bumper, and the plate was in the hatch. The second time the plate was in the windshield, and the officer claimed that they had just had a meeting where they were told that the plate had to be on the most forward part of the vehicle. I'd looked it up before putting the plate in the window (I didn't have a bracket, didn't want to make holes in my bumper skin, and had seen other folks doing the window thing) and TX law states only that the plate must be visible from the front of the vehicle. I definitely would have fought that one if she'd have given me a ticket. I think she just didn't see it in the window, and didn't want to admit that, plus my RX-7 was ratty as hell, so an opportunity stop. Mind you, this was on a street just outside of my neighborhood.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

The "accepted to Glendale U" really makes that song, and all the "no, no money" parts.

InitialDave posted:

If you like dealing with detailed requirements and specifics like a lawyer, become an engineer instead. It's an actually respectable profession, and you generally get away with more swearing at work, too.

I switched from programming to law and disappointed both my engineer parents. All my friends' parents were excited I was going to law school, my parents were like, "what happened to grad school for computer science? have you thought of selling drugs? man whoring?"

*edit*
I forgot about this, it's amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMvARy0lBLE

T-Square
May 14, 2009

My dad's an attorney, my mom kept trying to get my sister and I to go to law school, my dad said "Yeah, don't do that."

freelop posted:

Happy Halloween!
My shirt has a dooting skeleton in our and my car passed it's MOT so it's a good day.

Happy Halloween! We're in the middle of a big white-out snow storm, so I'm gonna stop on the way home from work and get Luigi's Mansion 3 and get my cozy spook on :toot:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Man, have you guys not seen Bill McClintock's stuff? That dude's a wizard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myeIszBPfXI

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
there's two types of people in the world, those who look at their parents' careers and decide to do the same thing, and those who look at their parents' careers and say "jesus christ gently caress no"

i am the latter, for sure. parents are teacher/public school administrator and a physical therapist. i am a filthy strategy consultant

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Genius. The Eddie VanHalen and George Lynch solos put it over the top.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Fifty Three posted:

There is but one perfect mashup. Really hits its stride at the chorus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPtJt4A7iOA

I... holy poo poo. Why does that *work*?

That one I can get behind. Not a hip-hop fan, though, so the others are meh to me. Not a quality judgement, just not my style.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Austin PD has much better things to do most of the time (unless they see you holding a phone, they will absolutely pull you over for that). Williamson County Sheriff deputies don't gently caress around and will pull you over for ANYTHING. I'm in a small suburb with a decent median income, and i'm on a pretty nice street. The first week I lived here I got stopped for "looking out of place" (as I was pulling into my apartment complex) by the city PD. It's mostly been the deputies pulling me over since then, but it was city that hit me for the taillight being out. As a sidenote, I'm not used to county pulling stops within a city PD's jurisdiction anywhere else I've lived (this is the 6th county in TX I've lived in), but Wilco very much does. They spent a bit of time on Live PD, and I inadvertently walked through a shot once when stopping by the post office. :downs: "huh, why are there camera crews with that cop OHHHHH it's probably Live PD".

The cops in my suburb really don't like beaters. Or temp tags. Or lights out. Or bicyclists riding on the sidewalk (seriously saw 3 cruisers swarm someone on a bike on the sidewalk one night, and I've seen other bicyclists get stopped too). There's no bike lanes in the city I'm in, so sometimes the only safe way IS the sidewalk (especially when you get off work at, say, 5am). :sigh:

I compare it to driving in Frisco (TX), a very wealthy suburb north of Dallas - the cops there will stop you for almost anything. Except back when I worked in Frisco, my car was in good shape, so I never got hassled aside from a verbal warning (a well deserved one).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 31, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, I am fuckin stupid.

Since we had to shell out for this plumbing job I spent what I had saved for the new car. So wanting to build that back up quickly I just signed up for every weekend OT shift til Christmas. I have this weekend off and then potentially 7 weeks straight of work. I might die.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

You're gonna burn out REAL quick like that. Is it too late to drop a shift here and there?

I can't go more than 14 days in a row without turning into that "gently caress THIS JOB" rear end in a top hat. Really, more than 8-10 and I'm already irritated.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

there's two types of people in the world, those who look at their parents' careers and decide to do the same thing, and those who look at their parents' careers and say "jesus christ gently caress no"

i am the latter, for sure. parents are teacher/public school administrator and a physical therapist. i am a filthy strategy consultant

I'm IT, but I kind of wish I had stuck with engineering. My dad's a Mechanical Engineer, and seemed to enjoy his work for the most part. I like designing (and building, which seems to be rare among engineers...), but I started with Aerospace, then Electrical Engineering. Wrong choices, though I did get the fundamental stuff done. Decided to switch to Computer Science Engineering, which I did not finish after I sort of fell into IT, so... here I am 30 years later.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

STR posted:

Austin PD has much better things to do most of the time (unless they see you holding a phone, they will absolutely pull you over for that). Williamson County Sheriff deputies don't gently caress around and will pull you over for ANYTHING. I'm in a small suburb with a decent median income, and i'm on a pretty nice street. The first week I lived here I got stopped for "looking out of place" (as I was pulling into my apartment complex) by the city PD. It's mostly been the deputies pulling me over since then, but it was city that hit me for the taillight being out. As a sidenote, I'm not used to county pulling stops within a city PD's jurisdiction anywhere else I've lived (this is the 6th county in TX I've lived in), but Wilco very much does. They spent a bit of time on Live PD, and I inadvertently walked through a shot once when stopping by the post office. :downs: "huh, why are there camera crews with that cop OHHHHH it's probably Live PD".

The cops in my suburb really don't like beaters. Or temp tags. Or lights out. Or bicyclists riding on the sidewalk (seriously saw 3 cruisers swarm someone on a bike on the sidewalk one night, and I've seen other bicyclists get stopped too). There's no bike lanes in the city I'm in, so sometimes the only safe way IS the sidewalk (especially when you get off work at, say, 5am). :sigh:

I compare it to driving in Frisco (TX), a very wealthy suburb north of Dallas - the cops there will stop you for almost anything. Except back when I worked in Frisco, my car was in good shape, so I never got hassled aside from a verbal warning (a well deserved one).

And they wonder why most people don't really like cops...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

STR posted:

You're gonna burn out REAL quick like that. Is it too late to drop a shift here and there?

I can't go more than 14 days in a row without turning into that "gently caress THIS JOB" rear end in a top hat. Really, more than 8-10 and I'm already irritated.

I signed up for them, I dont know if I'll get them all. But tomorrow is 19 straight and I'm still good.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Man, have you guys not seen Bill McClintock's stuff? That dude's a wizard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myeIszBPfXI

Holy poo poo, you just introduced me to my new favourite music genre

https://youtu.be/O64nenRARco

https://youtu.be/kPhiPGhVfqM

e: holy poo poo
https://youtu.be/90rhdKzLVfE

slidebite fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 31, 2019

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

If you like mashups, check out Bootie

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

It's not a mashup, but IT JUST MIGHT SAVE YOUR LIFE

The Law Enforcement Guide to Satanic Cults (1994)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

MomJeans420 posted:

If you like mashups, check out Bootie

Oh poo poo, I've got a hard drive full of Bootie mixes from like the early 200Xs and I'd completely forgotten about them. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE REMINDER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f5BH_tcnjE

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 31, 2019

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Rhyno posted:

I signed up for them, I dont know if I'll get them all. But tomorrow is 19 straight and I'm still good.

Yikes. 5 is enough of a challenge.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETfiUYij5UE

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fegs-XVKgnM

Nidhg00670000 fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 31, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Suburban Dad posted:

I like the structure. Since i got this job my mental health has been so much better. On the weekends I am mostly alone so I can listen to podcasts while I work. It's been really good for me.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I picked up a set of weights so I could continue my physiotherapy exercises at the weekend, any recommended idiots guides to lifting from people who've actually used them?

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Suburban Dad posted:

Yeah, by Friday afternoon I'm mentally exhaused and checked-out :smith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cakesmith handyman posted:

I picked up a set of weights so I could continue my physiotherapy exercises at the weekend, any recommended idiots guides to lifting from people who've actually used them?

Mark Rippetoe has a whole YT series and is considered among the best. I use a modified Stronglifts 5x5 plan.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Nice, but I'll counter with:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9O71IhDIXY

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Rhyno posted:

Mark Rippetoe has a whole YT series and is considered among the best. I use a modified Stronglifts 5x5 plan.

Cheers. Been following your transformation from chubby dork to fit dork on Facebook so if that's what you're doing I'll do it too. :v:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rippetoe has been mentioned, but I'm inclined to say if you're seeing a physio, I'd take the lead from them a bit to be sure you're not doing something that opposes what you're trying to achieve with that.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

STR posted:

I’ve had one day off since February...been working 7-day, averaging 80-hour weeks. Nobody else can really do my job around here and at least I love what I do, but it’s weird because now when I go home at a reasonable hour, I don’t know what to do. I’m not sure how to relax at home. I don’t have a set shift or “hours” really, since I work with trauma surgery and motherfuckers keep getting injured.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

T-Square posted:

Yeah, by Friday afternoon I'm mentally exhaused and checked-out :smith:

Same here. Especially this past month because I've been doing basically two full time roles in a single eight hour day... It's 2:45pm on a Thursday, I'm just grabbing lunch now, and I'm pretty much out of fucks to give.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Oh poo poo, I've got a hard drive full of Bootie mixes from like the early 200Xs and I'd completely forgotten about them. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE REMINDER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f5BH_tcnjE

Truthfully I hadn't heard anything from them since the late 2000s either, but this thread reminded me of it

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
When I was in my mid 20's I was a regional manager for Journeys when they were first starting up, I once worked open-closes (12 hour days except on Sunday which was a leisurely 9), 7 days a week for 18 weeks without any days off, since the region (Chicagoland) I got sent to fix was such a burning shitpile and none of the managers were trustworthy or worth a tin gently caress. I didn't sit down in a store once.

It nearly killed me but I made insane money, after about 3 weeks of it you just get used to it and it doesn't seem that bad (making store percentage money commensurate to my effort helped) but I don't think I would want to do that again now though that I'm old. The worst was the 90 minute drive to my furthest east store to be there to open it at 10, then not getting home until about midnight.

Good luck Rhyno!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

My power supply let the smoke out, hope it didn’t take anything down with it.

He died as he lived, packed solid with dust

Powershift fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 1, 2019

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Halloween night; a good time when you have little kids. It was freaking cold this year though so we started a little early. The two year old figured it out but is still a little shy. The older two kids ran off with their respective friends. One house that’s in a cul de sac entering my neighborhood about 3/4 miles away has the wildest decorations including an FM radio station he broadcasts music to for a synchronized light show. We saw him outside and chatted with him a few weeks back and said we would for sure come up to his house so after we hit up some houses by us I piled the kids into the car and headed to his house.

Dude was such a stud. He had a massive poster board of like 15 different kinds of theater box candy and asked the kids which kind they wanted and grabbed their ‘order’ from an absolute mountain or treats. Truly a boss.

I need to be that guy once in my life. My kids were just as awestruck as I was.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cheers. Been following your transformation from chubby dork to fit dork on Facebook so if that's what you're doing I'll do it too. :v:

For the last year I've only been maintaining and not really making progress, hopefully I will get back into it soon. Third shift is killer on health and fitness.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

My dad was a Teamster.

I touch computers for a living now. He was very happy I made that choice.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Dude was such a stud. He had a massive poster board of like 15 different kinds of theater box candy and asked the kids which kind they wanted and grabbed their ‘order’ from an absolute mountain or treats. Truly a boss.

Hell yeah.

My wife premakes slime (white glue and contact lens solution stuff) and sits out with glitter and whatnot to mix into it. Gives everyone a stop for a minute and something that is still fun but isn't candy.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rhyno posted:

For the last year I've only been maintaining and not really making progress, hopefully I will get back into it soon. Third shift is killer on health and fitness.

This is so true.

Visited my doc for a checkup and left with an extra hole in my nose yesterday. They take moles changing color seriously these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Halloween night; a good time when you have little kids. It was freaking cold this year though so we started a little early. The two year old figured it out but is still a little shy. The older two kids ran off with their respective friends. One house that’s in a cul de sac entering my neighborhood about 3/4 miles away has the wildest decorations including an FM radio station he broadcasts music to for a synchronized light show. We saw him outside and chatted with him a few weeks back and said we would for sure come up to his house so after we hit up some houses by us I piled the kids into the car and headed to his house.

Dude sounds awesome. We had 225 kids this year before I killed the lights around 8:45. I absolutely adore the little duffers, especially cute when the parents get in on it to. :3:

One of the few times I wish we had kids.