Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emmideer

Lovely night, no?
just looking to disconnect and chill 4 free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Cloud watch. Park yourself someplace with a clear view of the sky and look for shapes in the clouds.

Macnult

pet a dog or a cat

Trying

drink a lot for like 3 weeks and then run out of money & DT hard until payday you will have highly entertaining dreams i guarantee it to a fact

xcheopis

Macnult posted:

pet a dog or a cat

Rub a fluffy belly; become one with God. Bonus points if the animal falls asleep while you do this.

Take up puzzles! For example, PennyDell has great math and logic puzzles and they do value packs.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

pull some weeds in the yard or just walk around outside and listen to some music or an audiobook or just walk around in silence and see what you might discover in your neighborhood. You might make some new friends or see some interesting sights. Or find a nice place to sit and read a book from the library and drink some tea

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

xcheopis

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

pull some weeds in the yard or just walk around outside and listen to some music or an audiobook or just walk around in silence and see what you might discover in your neighborhood. You might make some new friends or see some interesting sights. Or find a nice place to sit and read a book from the library and drink some tea

Libraries also have free events and classes!

Goons Are Gifts

You won't believe the kind of friends you can find in library classes!!

Robot Made of Meat

Reede an booke.

It's somehow infinitely better than viewing ones and zeroes.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

lift a heavy weight, repeatedly

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Macnult posted:

pet a dog or a cat or possum or rat

Escape From Noise

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3900806&pagenumber=2&perpage=40

Emmideer

Lovely night, no?

Goons Are Great posted:

You won't believe the kind of friends you can find in library classes!!

tell me more

Stoner Sloth

look around the natural environment - it can be very relaxing to watch the numerous tiny lives around you from insects to birbs to lizards and frogs

this is especially good if you go for a walk in the bush, good way to clear your head and chill and just appreciate what's around you

also definitely seconding whoever said reading books

enjoy a nice cup of tea if you like tea

drawing or painting something if you enjoy getting creative - doesn't matter if you're skilled or not, just doing something like that can be relaxing

volunteer for something that helps someone other than yourself - it's a bit of effort but worth it

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Stoner Sloth posted:

look around the natural environment - it can be very relaxing to watch the numerous tiny lives around you from insects to birbs to lizards and frogs

this is especially good if you go for a walk in the bush, good way to clear your head and chill and just appreciate what's around you

also definitely seconding whoever said reading books

enjoy a nice cup of tea if you like tea

drawing or painting something if you enjoy getting creative - doesn't matter if you're skilled or not, just doing something like that can be relaxing

volunteer for something that helps someone other than yourself - it's a bit of effort but worth it

Goons Are Gifts

Jon Joe posted:

tell me more

Back in the days when the world was still young, so two years ago, I used to be the weirdo that organizes classes like that while I was still a student myself. There were people asking the right questions in history class, people getting in touch with themselves in ethics and heated, but surprisingly civil discussion when we did politics. Like, D&D could learn from these people and many of them barely had any institutional education and only learned by themselves.

There also is this one homeless guy, 54 years old, who spends most of his time in the library, reading pretty much everything. He doesn't do this because it's cold outside and he needs a place to crash (my country sponsors beds and money for this so no one has to do it in libraries) but just because he's incredibly into reading and learning things. He knows more details about history than anyone I ever met (and I now work at the university the library is part of) and is a native German speaker and when I did a German course for foreigners he only dropped by because he wanted to help those who want to learn it. He barely had enough money to buy himself something to eat and yet wanted to do nothing else but help those who want to learn stuff. Later I convinced the director to offer him a small job at the library so he could get actual money and get himself a home and he refused because he wouldn't accept taking money to teach people, because quote "It's my passion, not my job".
He still does this and I'm somewhat friends with him and he certainly is one of the greatest people alive.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Goons Are Great posted:

he refused because he wouldn't accept taking money to teach people, because quote "It's my passion, not my job".
He still does this and I'm somewhat friends with him and he certainly is one of the greatest people alive.

this man is a hero, to me, to all of germany

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Cloud watch. Park yourself someplace with a clear view of the sky and look for shapes in the clouds.

I did this at lunch a few weeks ago on the first day with not-disgusting humidity of the season. It was a good day

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Spanish Manlove posted:

I did this at lunch a few weeks ago on the first day with not-disgusting humidity of the season. It was a good day

:hfive:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
For what it's worth you don't need drugs, money or the internet to spit in your hand and jack it.

It's just that drugs, money and the internet sort of go hand in... well, you KNOW

LastGoodBoy

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Sleeping

High on the hog, 90's style.

Heather Papps

hello friend

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

snuggle a wild raccoon

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

snuggle a wild raccoon

Smuggle a ham

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Corby Haas
Public libraries are OMG so fun. They put joy in a heart. You can check out like six books and read half of one and return them all a week late and owe the library like $2.50.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Take your favorite picture like one of your cat or you mom whatever.

Now get a pair of scissors and cut it up! Free puzzle, you wont even know how to pit it back together

alnilam

Corby Haas posted:

Public libraries are OMG so fun. They put joy in a heart. You can check out like six books and read half of one and return them all a week late and owe the library like $2.50.

Libarries are the best

alnilam

Climb a DANG tree it's the number one antidepressant I've found and it's free

ty manifisto

alnilam

COMBO OPTION: climb tree with libarry book and read book up there

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

alnilam posted:

Libarries are the best
*blasts air horn*
*yells loudly*

SHHHH NO TALKING! QUIET!!!!! THIS IS A LIBARRY!!!! PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO READ!!!!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

*blasts air horn*
*yells loudly*

SHHHH NO TALKING! QUIET!!!!! THIS IS A LIBARRY!!!! PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO READ!!!!

lori beth dinberg (?) was so good, to me, as a youngn

ty manifisto