Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I don’t have FB so I made an account without a picture named Dirk Diggler which it denied so I named it Dirk Smith and it’s been fine for the week I’ve had it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Nuts and Gum posted:

Yesss sniper elite! I wonder how the bullet cam will work, I could see that not feeling great in VR since snapping to a bullet at 200mph might be disorienting.
IDK wtf that Wanderer game is but I wanna play it.

From what I can tell it just does a first person person perspective of you as the bullet

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Sab669 posted:

Does Superhot have a controller-based way to move? I suppose the game simply doesn't "work" with teleportation... But I just really can't wander around my room. I'm gonna knock a lamp over, or my dogs are always on my bed ripe to get slapped in the face with a controller etc. etc.

But drat I wanna play this game in VR so badly.

It’s a different game, you’re stationary

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

The best SuperHot VR level is the one where stuck writing on a stripper pole to avoid like 50 bullets.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Have you tried virtual desktop?

Have you tried Satan?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Just do what CoD did for No Russian. Start the game and it says “Yo this is going to have a self harm section would you like to skip it”

Done. I thought it was novel as hell but I get why some/most would want to skip it.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Party Boat posted:

Oculus seem to be sending emails to all registered Quest 2 owners about a free silicon face cover now - my serial number wasn't in the last batch they were replacing (bought early April) but I just got an email about it.

So I had dismissed the discussion of this itt as a comfort issue.

However, I’ve had some nose and forehead skin issues the last two months. I assumed it’s because I moved to a desert and have fair skin.

However after getting the email it totally makes sense. What’s wild is I play the drat thing for at most two hours a week.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Turin Turambar posted:

The foam doesn't usually touch the nose, so maybe your first assumption is right.

Yes, but what I have really lines up with the Upload pic. I’m normally very good at moisturizing and putting on sunscreen. I got my Quest 2 right at the start of summer so I assumed it’s the weather.

Every night I’ve been putting Aquaphor on my upper cheeks brow and nose line. It’s helped but now I’m convinced it’s the headset.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

w00tmonger posted:

Moss was so loving good. Haven't seen another game pull off what it did, and VR would be a lot more mainstream if there were more of them

Yeah I want more “dollhouse” style games. It just works so well.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

BonoMan posted:

It's 64gb. How much of a deal is that? I'm unfamiliar with storage headaches on VR sets. But I kinda wanna jump on this.

The MoH game takes up almost the entirety of my storage.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

the MoH game is trash and pretty much the only game even close to that large. so if you base your quest 2 purchasing decision on whether or not you can load MoH that would make you also trash

Oh okay then thanks for letting me know the game my 10 year old nephew wanted to play is trash I’ll let him know

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Brocktoon posted:

Thanks to everyone who recommended Walkabout. I never thought I would have such a fun chill time playing mini-golf online with randos. I’m going to buy it for my nephew for his birthday this week so we can play together.

I play it with my friend that lives in the UK and it’s such a fun “hang out” type experience.

Say what you will about Zuck’s meta stuff but it was a blast and I really feel like he was there with me.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I got that bowling game that’s $5 and it owns so hard.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Condimentalist posted:

Sorry if I missed it, but what game is that and is it oculus only?

My bad, I forgot what page folks were talking about. I have it on the Quest 2, it's called Premium Bowling.

I was buzzed but it gave me really strong Wii Bowling vibes. Even down to just turning my wrist to add spin. I turned the music down and put on a podcast. Was fun!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

panic state posted:

What is there in terms of local coop? I wish Walkabout had a turn taking mode.

I think adjusting the strap every time would be a pain in the rear end.

I made my nephews and niece wear a beanie hat so I didn’t have to adjust for them every time they demanded it was their turn after 15 minutes

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Manager Hoyden posted:

Popping in here to ask the experts

I'm about to finally pick up a Quest 2 but folks are telling me I can't use a throwaway Facebook account. How true is that? Do I need to post with a fake account for a while to make it look real?

I have a completely blank page for Dirk Smith. And soon it won’t even be a requirement

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

NRVNQSR posted:

It's called Eagle Flight, and it was one of the very first VR games from a big publisher.

It just hasn't ever been ported to Quest, likely because it wasn't very successful.

Doesn’t Google maps allow you to fly around?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Hey, so it looks like my burner FB account got hacked, it's now under someone's name that appears to be from Malaysia. I noticed when my App had logged me out.

Anyone have experience? I went and changed the password on the FB. But was/is the Oculus account an entirely different thing? I don't want to lose my poo poo.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I was able to get my FB account locked down a ton of passwords in Chrome, turn on two factor, and change the password(s) to stuff that was completely new.

To be honest this was kind of my NYE resolution. I've been meaning to get this poo poo under control ever since I've been locked out of my main XBL account after I had to get a new phone number and forgot to change 2F

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Time to go back to writing them down and hiding them

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Lozareth posted:

After a little over a year of having my headset I still feel a bit weird about prepping for a VR session like I'm about to go on a long car ride: gotta have a drink, gotta thoroughly use the bathroom, gotta secure my ridiculously long hair, gotta make sure everything is fueled (charged) and ready to go. Sometimes the effort keeps me from enjoying a session because I can't be assed to do all of it. Is this a pretty common behavior among you guys? At least I don't have lighthouses to setup.

Yes. So many times I’ve said to myself “I should play some RE4” and just don’t based on the time commitment.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Re4 is fun so far. I have never played it in any of its other forms, or watched any let’s plays of it or anything, so I’m going in 100% blind.

Which means I’m doing dumb stuff like going into that first town you reach, guns blazing and getting stomped 4 times over before I realized that I need to hide in a building first and then straight murk dudes with the shotgun.

loving jealous of you. I wish I had a drug that allowed me to experience something again for the first time

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Reek posted:

wow I finally fired up Moss and man, its just really enjoyable. We need more games like this

Yeah VR games work great for “dollhouse” style platformers.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I was checking out the 3D Attenborough documentary clips and they were astounding. Only problem is they are broken up into 5-7 minute clips.

Is there a good way to watch feature quality stuff on the Quest 2, standalone? Even the YouTube app is pretty barebones.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Substandard posted:

What's the best video player for a quest 2 if I want to sit in a fake theater and check it out? Skybox seemed to be the one mentioned on reddit. Is that the one to get?

Someone above mentioned BigScreen but I have not used it

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Playing Tetris with the oculus controller suuuuuuucks

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Jesus I had no idea that was an option

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

forest spirit posted:

connect those tetronimoes homie.

the connect multiplayer mode on a small bit of mushrooms is a good time

I got my mom to play it last night and she suggested the same thing lol

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

100% this. I played it on psvr and next time it goes I’ll sale for Quest I’ll likely buy it again.

I want more games that utilize that perspective. Not everything needs to be first person to be immersive. Just moving my face closer to the scene was so jaw dropping.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I want more info on San Andreas god damnit

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

KakerMix posted:

Rockstar didn't outsource this like they did the remastered version of San Andreas that came out recently, did they? Otherwise I've got a bad feeling about this whole affair.

I seem to recall this was being done by a FB owned studio

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Manager Hoyden posted:

I would 100% without a doubt put myself through a window playing that

Yeah I’ve got my sea legs when it comes to vr but that much locomotion is a bit much, especially that fast.

Beat Saver is just moving your arms and sidestepping, bowling is just a few short steps. This on the other seems frantic. Maybe I’m wrong.

I’m glad the poster like it though. I’m going to get high and play Pixel Ripped

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Yeah apart from initially getting the game and mowing down a night club; I don’t think I used more than the silverballers

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Gangringo posted:

I can't wait for Google to release it, then abandon it three months later for whatever new shiny thing distracts them.

Yeah someone post the jpeg that shows all the hardware they’ve abandoned only a dozen or so months after it comes out

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Ah crap. I was hoping it was a port of the tell tale games, since I know those are coming out remastered now.

Also I have a 6 year old and 10 year old, and they both want to be able to try out the device. I know the recommendations are like 12-14, but that's not really based on anything concrete yet. So I was wondering, for people who kids and let them us VR, what has been your experience or guidance you'd pass along about letting kids use VR?

My nieces and nephews are in the 6-12 range and they picked it up pretty much right away. They like to play Beat Saber and The Climb 2.

Kids have a hard time controlling their excitement that translates to over exaggerated movement. Give them a ton of space.

Generally I always say “I’m going to put my hand on your should, is that okay?” To guide them away from walls and stuff.

It’s fun watching them though, they really get into it

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Vr Stair Disnount!? Yes. Take me there.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Shadow of the Colossus in Vr would be cool. Sony. Would best get on that

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Harminoff posted:

Why still no Minecraft on quest?

No clue, seems like a great way for me to buy the game for a fourth time.

My nephew loves the game and just this last weekend I dug out my PSVR to show him Minecraft vr. He’s played my Quest 2 plenty, but he was absolutely mesmerized by Minecraft VR.

Just a big smile on his face as he was suddenly placed in the world. He loved the scale of mountains and caves. He realllllly like the new flying mechanic the game implemented.

Minecraft is perfect for VR and it sucks MS hasn’t let anyone other than Sony get an official VR release

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Any free game/app will be absolutely overrun with children.

Most kids get 1-2 games a year (birthday, Christmas) so they flock to poo poo like Fortnite, Roblocks, VrChat, and AppLab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

He is/was a goon right?