Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009
I’m pretty much always in support of game devs making thoughtful decisions even if they negatively affect gameplay, and the red, nude objections of the dumbest people on the internet affirms that stance once again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Alright, I'm kinda getting sick of my Reverb G2.
It's clunky, temperamental and overall kind of a pain. Has anyone tried to get a refund after the first 30 days? I'm just outside the window.

Also, I haaaaaaaaaaaate Facebook but am willing to make a dummy account if I can get a Quest 2 secondhand. How's the market for that? Anything I should look out for?

Give it a test run but biggest issues are any structural damage like a cracked case or hosed audio and obviously scratches or chips in the lenses or sunlight damage to the lenses. Make sure the controllers track well and the buttons all work, tracking ring isn’t cracked.

I grabbed my 256 for $200 off someone and it was a great decision. ymmv tho it’s always possible you get hosed over so it may just be worth it to shell out the $400 (or 300 if your primary use case is PCVR)

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009

Wilkins Micawber posted:

I'm not ready to shell out for the DAS but I can't stand the strap that comes with the Quest 2. It's seriously bad. So at least in the short term, I was thinking about getting the Kiwi one for $45. Anyone have this?

Thread and Facebook group folks are also big on the BOVOVR M2, comes with a battery bank too for $60 total

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009

Stormangel posted:

If anyone still needs someone to accept a referral I'm willing to wipe my Q2.
Or if anyone still needs a referral mine is:
https://www.oculus.com/referrals/link/Mike_NLN/

If you haven’t taken another referral yet, here’s mine:
https://www.oculus.com/referrals/link/mjfinch91/

New walkabout courses are great, between the easy and hard courses it’s a ridiculous amount of content for the cost.

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009

boz posted:

I had done a referral with someone earlier and it finally cleared and said the 30 bucks was available, but now I can't find it anywhere.

Checked email and nothing there, also not seeing anything in the Oculus App or PC application.

Nothing if you go to check out with a game?

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009

TraderStav posted:

Grrr. Opened my Q2 and DAS this morning and found that the adapter bits didn't include the Velcro strap adapter.

Thanks for listening.

Same boat! I improvised using the Velcro strap that came with the DAS and a zip tie and it’s been working all day no problem

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009
RE: frankenquest chat, what are people using as a case for it?

Bodanarko fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Dec 26, 2021

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

This game looks absolutely terrifying but I'll give it a shot and let the thread know. Can't be scarier than thinking about 2022

Has anyone figured out a perfect pelican case or whatever size for a DAS'd Quest 2?

I didn’t think a pelican case was necessary and wanted something a little more discrete so I got Vanerdun Case for Oculus Rift S PC-Powered VR Gaming Headset -Oculus Rift S Travel case, Virtual Reality Protective Bag for like 30 bux.

It’s a little narrow so there’s a tiny bit of pressure on the headphone hinge bits but it’s not a problem. Depending on what kind of battery solution you have (if you have one) it may interfere with the height of the back. I’m designing a two part battery pack holder that detaches the battery section with a magnet for a low profile when not attached.

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009

Brocktoon posted:

What is the best accepted external battery for the Quest 2 that is also compatible with the Kiwi Elite strap?

Edit: Just saw Kiwi has a battery strap you can get that is compatible, so I guess the question is just "What's a good Quest 2 battery?"

Anker is a good brand, I got a Powercore Slim 10K and it is more battery than I could imagine using.

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009

Does anyone know if revenues like this account for referral $$? Personally I’ve spent like $45 in real cash on the oculus store but like $120 in referral Zuck bucks

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

I find myself in a position to snag a Quest 2. I've not really entertained the idea of getting into VR before now, is that device a good entry point?

Yep.

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009
It will probably be able to play Alyx on low because it’s so well optimized but good luck with anything else.

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009

joylessdivision posted:

I apparently don't because I didn't realize that was a thing I needed to do.

Edit: welp, apparently the Oculus software doesnt work on Windows 11 and they didn't have Mac software that I could find so I guess this air link thing might be a bust

? I just got a new PC set up with Windows 11 and had no issue installing the oculus software and playing HL:A over airlink yesterday.

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009

antidote posted:

I'm just getting into VR, and got a Quest 2. Are any games crossplay with PSVR that people enjoy? I realize it may just be Rec Room. :)

Zenith has PSVR crossplay I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009

Turin Turambar posted:

If I have to judge what Google knows about me taking in account what ads they choose... well, it seems I don't have a lot to worry about.

I've had a facebook acct and Youtube acct dating back to 2008 and uh I am 0% worried about the data they are collecting on me since it's still throwing Ben Shapiro suggestions at me even though I'm a communist and that's VERY apparent from my view/likes on literally every platform. The algorithm is fake and dumb, and this applies to advertising as well.