Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
What is a germ? Are they everywhere? If so how often do we interact with them. If not, where is there a germ free zone. If I pee and then spit into the toilet will I get pee in my mouth. Do I have germs on me from when I was a kid or even my grampas germs could be all over me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Germs originated in Germany

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I saw some germs and they just kept saying “sprekken zee doitch” and I looked at my watch and it was like 9 o’clock so I said “nein” and they started laughing at me. They must keep time differently or whatever. :shrug:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Germs originated in Germany

Hahaha jinx. :flipoff:

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Germs are kind of like birds, or salt, no one knows what they really are.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im from boyknobs bareass and i say kill em all!

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
It's just a theory dude

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Germ is something that goes into your eyes and makes puss came out and you can squeeze it into your girlfriend's mouth and laugh as she claws at your eyes in a feral rage born of pure repulsion. Try it idiot OP

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I think I ate a germ once. Not bad tasting, but the texture is a bit weird.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I dunno OP I've never seen a germ, and my dad's never seen a germ. If they're real (big if), they gotta be real small.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I hear they taste like peppermint mango. Which I haven't decided if that sounds disgusting or interesting.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Mooey Cow posted:

I dunno OP I've never seen a germ, and my dad's never seen a germ. If they're real (big if), they gotta be real small.

They're small, but they're not real small. They're like apple wedges.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Germs: Do we need them?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Germs are pathogens. Typically, the term is used to describe an infectious microorganism or agent, such as a virus, bacterium, protozoan, prion, viroid, or fungus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathogen

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I have a pet germ. Her name is Gemma. I avoid contact with soaps and bactericides of all kinds lest they harm Gemma the germ

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
You have 10 lbs of germs in your body right now. You are a symbiotic organism composed of mammalian cells and germs. The germs outnumber your cells 10 to 1. You are the germ and you cannot escape. Accept your fate.

Lots of "good" bacteria become pathogens when the host immune system is compromised, or when the barrier between you and your microbiome is damaged, or when bacteria get into places they aren't supposed to be, like your meninges.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-43674270

Thats for the normal. Now the real question is, what % of a goon is germ?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
69 I hope

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

in the modern retelling, Sampson loses his powers from taking an antibiotic in preparation for dental surgery

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

*slams 2 of these and overturns the temple of Dagon*

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Whooping Crabs posted:

You have 10 lbs of germs in your body right now. You are a symbiotic organism composed of mammalian cells and germs. The germs outnumber your cells 10 to 1. You are the germ and you cannot escape. Accept your fate.

Lots of "good" bacteria become pathogens when the host immune system is compromised, or when the barrier between you and your microbiome is damaged, or when bacteria get into places they aren't supposed to be, like your meninges.

the germs were inside of us the whole time

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEMnRC22oOs

Grudgerm
May 4, 2012

by Reene
I’m a grudgerm.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I roll in my own goon filth to have super anti germ powers.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

My body is a super max prison for germs. I submerge in hand sanitizer 5 times a day. Aint none of them ever leaving this

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse
bleach. lots of bleach

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
are there any germs in poo? asking for a friend

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Junk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5elAr2s6Gno

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y25nnOXVdM

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Whooping Crabs posted:

Huge if true

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Junk posted:

No it's perfectly safe to eat.
Please eat it.
I demand you eat it.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Junk posted: