Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Tasomachi is out.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1015890/TASOMACHI_Behind_the_Twilight/

quote:

Yukumo is a young girl traversing the world in her beloved airship. Upon arriving at a certain town, her airship breaks down. She decides to explore the town to search for parts for repair; however, the town has fallen silent, with no trace of its inhabitants...

I played the demo in March and while it has great art direction, it made the case of my computer get hot and it felt very lacking in everything else. The reviews seem to confirm that not a lot has changed since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

90k words sounds short considering a VN usually has routes so the player is only going to read a portion of that, but I have no idea what's the average.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

https://twitter.com/moonglowbay/status/1455958677840662531

posting it here since i brought up moonglow bay. includes an autosave feature and apparently improved keyboard controls that i haven't tried out.

I got this game and even with the update it still is... finicky. Cute though.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

It also has some weird performance issues, at least for me. drat voxels.

It sucks because the concept for the game is brilliant, but it's just too unpolished.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

It's a game that really likes wasting your time while at the same time threatening you with the death of your friends if you take too long.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

quote is not edit :negative:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

skeleton warrior posted:

Just got this because "Weird West Open World RPG with dynamic world effects from choices you make" was right up my alley.

Turns out that I should have paid more attention to the fact that it's from the creators of Dishonored. By "RPG", they mean "Isometric shooter with stealth emphasis and kind-of-poor camera controls" and there's no character growth, just getting items that give you temporary power ups. Also, there's no character creation, you play a specific character with a fixed background that starts off with your child being killed so that you have reason to go chase bad guys.

I mean, the perks are permanent through all characters (I haven't finished the bounty hunter but I'm pretty sure you play the same "character" but inhabiting different bodies through the story) and and you can level up abilities. Definitely not RPG-level of character customization but there is character growth.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Daztek posted:

Beamdog is doing an orginal game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCvHre1NVE

Coming to early access on EGS april 20th

I loved the idea until the gameplay is revealed to be a borderlands clone.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Morpheus posted:

Four player co-op fps games are not 'borderlands clones'.

You're right, at least borderlands had a world instead of "procedurally generated rooms"

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Tombot posted:

The Gunk is now on steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1087760/The_Gunk/

But from what I've heard it's kinda underwhelming, (maybe because it's not a Steamworld title, those have all been bangers).

lunar detritus posted:

I started playing it because of this post and it's barely above a walking simulator where you walk with a vacuum. It's not bad but I expected a bit more.

Ended up dropping it shortly after that post. If the story had been a bit more engaging I would have probably powered through but it's just very mediocre in every possible way.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'm loving Citizen Sleeper. I'm pretty sure I'm in the endgame and it looks like there are multiple endings, so I'm trying to do everything else first before I choose.

The only weird thing about the game is how hard it is to get mushrooms considering it's one of the first things you get asked for.

EDIT: Just finished it. It's pretty easy to get access to all the endings just by playing and choosing to stay leaving the one you want for last. The only replayability, besides choosing "yes" instead of "no" during the endings, seems to be the way you deal with the hitman and maybe a couple of other short scenes, nothing vital.

But even without being replayable, I absolutely loved it. With every NPC you help you leave the world a tiny bit better.

The only nitpick I have is there's no tension left during the last third of the game since chances are you'll be swimming in money. Probably much earlier if you know what you're doing.

lunar detritus fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 6, 2022

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Fats posted:

I bought and finished Citizen Sleeper today, I really liked it. I ended up committing to the first ending I found, so I feel like I'll go back and replay it at least once more.

Edit: Whoops I stayed up three more hours and got most of the other endings. Game owns. I think I liked the first one I chose the most, still, (spoiler for one of the endings) escaping with Lem and Mina.

I was all set to leave with Bliss until meeting Lem and Mina. There's no way I was leaving them to rot in the eye.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Haystack posted:

Actually, would someone mind spoiling if you can stay in the station indefinitely? I'm of a mind to sit around and churn through all the content, but don't want to run into some hidden timer. A simple yes/no is all I need.

yes

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I am playing and enjoying Apico, but drat, do people suck. From discussions:

The devs encouraged the commenter not to buy the game and froze the thread. But, I mean, really.

The devs posted:

We have registered your feedback that the grammatical concept of pronouns exists and that you are unhappy that some people might prefer different ones than you think they ought to. We will not be acting on it.
:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Philthy posted:

Now they have like 30 expansions. So..

It only has 3, it's not a Paradox game.