Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Goodpancakes posted:

I always wonder about these. Every game with a world leaderboard seems packed with them. Simple hacks to submit fake scores?

Yeah probably. People lie about the most meaningless stuff online, it's weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

King Vidiot posted:

Well, that's one less thing to look forward to :(

Maybe now I can just spend my next paycheck's game budget on Spider-Man on PC, since I never bought a PS4 and really wanted that back when it came out.

Nothing else to look forward to gamewise until Persona 5 on PC and Bayonetta 3, both in October.

Spiderman is great! The pc port is very good and worth your moneys.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

There's something to the idea of walking around a 3D rendition of a Hey Really Giger painting, but the gameplay doesn't work.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1358840/Flat_Eye

quote:

Flat Eye is a resource management sim with an emphasis on story and narrative choices. Oversee the world’s leading technological hub while you explore stories linked to discoverable technology and interact with your most loyal customers.

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256914601/movie480_vp9.webm

No user reviews.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Oh boy, a game about the backrooms, how novel

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

quote:

Varney

Nice one

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

This is gonna be one of those games you really need to be in a mood to play, huh. Also I just discovered that the same devs made scifi working sim Mech Mechanic Simulator, which is real weird.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

There's a better reason not to play Voidtrain: It's really grindy and it takes forever to make progress. They also haven't patched it since June (it had a one-year exclusivity deal with Epic), which is worrisome for a game in Early Access.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I wonder how long it takes until there are leaderboards.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I would want them to make a TTRPG source book, so you can read the fascinating lore without having to play it. The Rubbery Men? The Tomb Colonies? Put it in my veins.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

At least Sunless Seas/Skies were alright.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Saxophone posted:

I am shocked, SHOCKED I SAY, that a game by the folks that made Graveyard Keeper was an unfun grindy game disrespectful of your time.

Man, I really wanted to like Graveyard Keeper, but it just wasn't fun or rewarding at all.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Iron Pineapple did a showcase of the demo during one of his lesser known soulslikes videos, and it seems like so much fun!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I liked Heaven's Vault, but you really needed to play it in one go or keep physical notes. Leaving it and coming back made me lose all my alien language acquisition.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

lobsterminator posted:

It's also a safe bet that there's already a Star Trek total conversion mod for Stellaris which is a lot better than this game.

There is, it's called New Civilisations. No word on whether it's good, but there are a lot of endorsements?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I feel pretty strongly that if a game has a dedicated coffee button, it can't be bad.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Jordan7hm posted:

Logic Town is a logic puzzle game like you’d see in magazines back in the day. A set of clues and then a grid to fill out.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2333240/Logic_Town/

I played the demo during Next Fest and the full game is basically just that but more complicated. I’m really enjoying it so far.

17/17 positive reviews at time of posting.

Anton Sokolov made this lock.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It was :10bux: for a lot of videogame, I couldn't not.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Play posted:

reminiscent of corny old star trek episodes

SOLD

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Tombot posted:

Fun fact: Underspace is made by Trainwiz, maker of some very ambitious skyrim mods including Wheels of Lull among other projects. Also it's been a long time in the making, around Fallout 4 is when I remember the project starting, but it might have been even earlier.

I hope there's a Bhruce Hammar reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Iron Pineapple played it for a bit in his soulslike video series and was: delighted.