Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

slicing up eyeballs posted:

nu gundam and sazabi in the recycle ticket store :toot:
for 700 tickets :cripes:

Oh gently caress me double post sorry sorry

Console or PC recycle store?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

oh gently caress me the stores have different inventory by platform?? also I received the 500k dp as well as free suits when I logged in today, but I only play on ps5

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tibbeh posted:

Console or PC recycle store?

PC is always 2 months behind

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
So on PC the increases to the recon crates are now gone. It was real nice while it lasted.

To that end, how to A/B rooms work? I know A wins and B loses and swaps but I'm not sure what goes on during the match, do you just hold still? I don't know the etiquette. How do they make rounds go fast? Just skipping matchmaking?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

PC is always 2 months behind

Yah but that doesn't help if we don't know which they are posting about or have a memory of what was in the console

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Kevsop posted:

So on PC the increases to the recon crates are now gone. It was real nice while it lasted.

To that end, how to A/B rooms work? I know A wins and B loses and swaps but I'm not sure what goes on during the match, do you just hold still? I don't know the etiquette. How do they make rounds go fast? Just skipping matchmaking?

They play mixup mode which is much faster. Instead of an 8 minute time limit, there's a preset point limit and the game ends once it's hit.
Bring a 700 cost suit since more points = faster rounds.
On team B yeah you just get in range then AFK to be a punching bag. On team A, remember not to use any melee downswings or other kinds of knockdowns since those add invulnerability time when the target gets back up. (This also applies in the real game btw. If you have multiple allies surrounding a single enemy it's best to just chain normal staggers and not downswing them until they're low enough that you can definitely finish them off on the ground.)

The teams don't swap each time, the room leader just uses the game's built in randomize-team option. That guarantees that it'll be fair in the long run regardless of other people joining or leaving, but it does mean if you're unlucky you could end up on B 5 times in a row. Some annoying people will quit the lobby after getting randomized onto B which makes the whole thing take longer.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Thanks, I'll have to try those out but this probably puts the nail in me keeping 2 accounts fairly even.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

They play mixup mode which is much faster. Instead of an 8 minute time limit, there's a preset point limit and the game ends once it's hit.
Bring a 700 cost suit since more points = faster rounds.
On team B yeah you just get in range then AFK to be a punching bag. On team A, remember not to use any melee downswings or other kinds of knockdowns since those add invulnerability time when the target gets back up. (This also applies in the real game btw. If you have multiple allies surrounding a single enemy it's best to just chain normal staggers and not downswing them until they're low enough that you can definitely finish them off on the ground.)

The teams don't swap each time, the room leader just uses the game's built in randomize-team option. That guarantees that it'll be fair in the long run regardless of other people joining or leaving, but it does mean if you're unlucky you could end up on B 5 times in a row. Some annoying people will quit the lobby after getting randomized onto B which makes the whole thing take longer.
Do they have this in the room name or some kinda code phrase? I've been mostly sticking to ranked and preset just cause I think it's easier to get into a room. And is this new rule about boxes only being for winning teams permanent?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
They will usually have "A win" or "A win B lose" as the room description. But also you can just set your custom-room search parameters to mixup mode. Almost nobody plays it outside of A/B rooms anyways.

Boxes aren't only for winning teams, they're just a low base drop rate of ~10%ish, which gets increased a bit by encourages and by winning.
Since pc launch there have been events going on that temporarily buff the crate drop rate to a 100% chance, but those have now ended. So yeah this current situation with getting them ~10x less often is the permanent default.
It's not really worth the effort to max out your daily crates anymore. But if you really want to, that's what A/B rooms are for.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It's not really worth the effort to max out your daily crates anymore. But if you really want to, that's what A/B rooms are for.

Agree. It's not worth grinding boxes, as they rarely contain anything of great value. You'll usually just get 1,000 DP or 2 RT+2 Bronze tickets because it was a part/suit/weapon you already had. Silver boxes usually drop 5 RT, and Gold boxes 3 tokens. Moreover the pool of items that the boxes draw from consist of every part/suit/weapon that's ever been in the game, so the odds of getting something new are extraordinary low unless you're just starting out, in which case it will save you some DP over the long-term.

The only real reason to do it is to grind out monthly missions if you're trying to go for an early Plat without spending too much money (Early plats practically require you to spend money by design regardless).

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jul 24, 2023

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

LuiCypher posted:

Agree. It's not worth grinding boxes, as they rarely contain anything of great value. You'll usually just get 1,000 DP or 2 RT+2 Bronze tickets because it was a part/suit/weapon you already had. Silver boxes usually drop 5 RT, and Gold boxes 3 tokens. Moreover the pool of items that the boxes draw from consist of every part/suit/weapon that's ever been in the game, so the odds of getting something new are extraordinary low unless you're just starting out, in which case it will save you some DP over the long-term.

The only real reason to do it is to grind out monthly missions if you're trying to go for an early Plat without spending too much money (Early plats practically require you to spend money by design regardless).

I may be wrong but I think if you leave tokens and the like in the reward box they don't count for the monthly missions until removed so it's at least something for storing up stuff to clear the lower quests quickly. Or at least get a head start.

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!

Sazabi posted:

I may be wrong but I think if you leave tokens and the like in the reward box they don't count for the monthly missions until removed so it's at least something for storing up stuff to clear the lower quests quickly. Or at least get a head start.

Unfortunately, tokens/DP from the previous month will be marked as such when the game enters a new month. They don't carry over for mission purposes, so grab them when you get them.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Hi-Nu on PS4 and MSN-0FF Sazabi on PC are up.

But if you're gonna roll on their banners, wait until tuesday! That way the RT you get from the gacha counts towards August's platinum badge.
PS4 gets the psychoframe custom part as the week-1 platinum bonus which is pretty dang good.

Secondary pro tip: They're giving out a bunch of free MS from login bonuses and event missions, some of which are in the DP shop. While they're still sitting unclaimed in your inbox you can buy them for DP, and then claiming the ones from your inbox will give you enhancement points and recycle tickets just like a gacha dupe. Good if you've got extra DP and want to trade it for RT! Especially if you're on PC and want to save up 700 tickets to buy the OG nu/sazabi in 2 months when they get added to the recycle shop.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 27, 2023

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

just logged in and holy poo poo what a tsunami of rewards lol, aside from the suits that's just so many tokens

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Secondary pro tip: They're giving out a bunch of free MS from login bonuses and event missions, some of which are in the DP shop. While they're still sitting unclaimed in your inbox you can buy them for DP, and then claiming the ones from your inbox will give you enhancement points and recycle tickets just like a gacha dupe. Good if you've got extra DP and want to trade it for RT! Especially if you're on PC and want to save up 700 tickets to buy the OG nu/sazabi in 2 months when they get added to the recycle shop.

Oh this is brilliant, thanks

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Picked this up again on Steam recently. Feels good to get high marks consistently with the default suits. Like I haven't completely unlearned the game. Man oh man though the quality of teammates has dropped once I hit B rank.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Good news, it only gets worse the higher you get since even sub 50% eventually inflates you up. A flat is real fun with the entire brain trust on my team

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
lol this match has one Bawoo floating unmoving in the air and the entire enemy team is invisibly kicking our team's rear end and support fire can't be activated and points can't be capped this game rules

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Hogama posted:

lol this match has one Bawoo floating unmoving in the air and the entire enemy team is invisibly kicking our team's rear end and support fire can't be activated and points can't be capped this game rules

Someone floating in the air unmoving means that you're desynced from that player. If you can't activate support fire or cap points, that usually indicates that you're badly desynced from whoever got chosen as the host. Are you getting the connection warning in the top right?

(Note that desyncs or connection warnings frequently have nothing to do with your own personal internet connection quality, just that something is fucky with you connecting to whoever the host is.)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Kanos posted:

Someone floating in the air unmoving means that you're desynced from that player. If you can't activate support fire or cap points, that usually indicates that you're badly desynced from whoever got chosen as the host. Are you getting the connection warning in the top right?

(Note that desyncs or connection warnings frequently have nothing to do with your own personal internet connection quality, just that something is fucky with you connecting to whoever the host is.)
I was in comms with two other players from different countries seeing the same thing on their end. There was no connection warning for any of us.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I'm seeing 550 suits in a 600 match is that a skill flex or are the stats not as big a deal with a 50 cost difference

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
It's not a skill flex, they just really want to play as their favorite robot and don't have an upcosted one to use. (Or a correct-cost queue in the ranked rotation.)
If anything the difference between cost tiers gets more prominent as you go higher up. No 650 (level 2 or not) is gonna be close to the level of native 700s. Likewise no native 550 is gonna measure up to the likes of Atlas and MPZZ.

N.B that as of the latest ps4 patch, BB has removed the ability to do this since it was pretty much a trap option. In the current console version you can't bring a 550 to 600 ranked at all.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 29, 2023

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It's not a skill flex, they just really want to play as their favorite robot and don't have an upcosted one to use.

absolutely respect this :hai:

also oh boy is the mpzz a joy to play, I love a swiss army knife ms

e: another behavioral question, are people just burning encouragements or do people just not see that they don't stack. I'm seeing so many lower ranked ones thrown out after a platinum or gold, or someone throwing out a matching rank encourage

e2: vvv ohhh now that makes a lot of sense lol, such little faith in our teams :smith:

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 29, 2023

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
If you lose a match, you still get the benefits of your own encouragement. Team encouragements only apply if you win. Also some people are only playing dailies and it's not like unused encouragements roll over day to day.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Yeah if you're only plannning to play 5 matches that day and you've got 6 encourages ready to rip you're just gonna encourage every round regardless of your faith or lack thereof in your team.

There's also just a lag thing? There's a noticeable delay between hitting the button and having the encourage actually go through. It often comes to pass that I encourage instantly at the beginning of a match and then in between me hitting the button and the effect playing somebody else's encourage pops up first. It's easy to accidentally encourage at the same time as someone else.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 30, 2023

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Here's a fun one I wish I'd had prescience to have recording set up in advance.

Player in my sights was taken out (the message about destroying an enemy MS/infantry in the first shot popped after the life bar went to zero - you can see on radar only the other one near us is a blip), and continued flying around attacking and doing damage, but all our further attacks did nothing - no interrupts or stuns. This happened numerous times throughout the match, until the suit suddenly got a health bar again (I'd presume the normal respawn timer but it took a bit longer than that). They were never actually off the field at any point. I'm real curious how lag results in this effect.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Hogama posted:

I was in comms with two other players from different countries seeing the same thing on their end. There was no connection warning for any of us.

Sounds like the game just picked an extremely terrible host. It sucks a lot and basically ruins that game, but it happens from time to time.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I had a similar experience on ps5 where it was suddenly me and one other player just beating the hell out of each other with no damage numbers or reactions, with no other players in the map. then two minutes or so later I spontaneously exploded and respawned into the real game where two players on each team had dropped out and we were up by 800 😎

the round started I think before the date change and ended after, I wonder if that hosed anything up.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I decided to download this on PS5 and gently caress around for the day to kill time. it turns out I played for like a week in October 2019 and I even set up a clan for me and a few buddies

my clan now has a full roster of semi-active members and now it's at level 11 and it gave me a bunch of money. what the hell lol

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Free varguil, jagd and geara dogas, jegans, and more good MSes this week!

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

failed to synchronize error at the end of the match 🫠

is this game getting worse about connectivity or am I just more upset about it recently

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
It is always that bad

you are just getting more upset

and rightfully so

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Every time I see 700 cost ground I think I'm going to have a cool fun time with my Zaku IV raid and every time I am chain stunned into oblivion

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I would love to see the numbers behind quickmatch sortie preference, I feel like space combat queues much faster against a 700 cost ground compared to the usual aversion to space battles

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Zodack posted:

Every time I see 700 cost ground I think I'm going to have a cool fun time with my Zaku IV raid and every time I am chain stunned into oblivion

This is 700 cost in general. It's basically instagib rocket tag where whoever connects first will do 70-100% of the opponent's life in one stagger/knockdown chain.

It's also always been a pay-to-compete cost bracket, but the optional parts they've been releasing on step ups are pushing it that way even harder in a deeply concerning way. The Hi Nu/Nightingale step up banners give armor parts that boost ballistic/melee resist respectively and *increase the cap* of those stats by 20, meaning that someone who has them equipped can have 20% more damage resist against that type than someone else. For ballistics that's relatively trivial as ballistics aren't wildly common at 700 native, but the melee one is absurd and the definitely-coming beam one will be even more absurd.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Aug 4, 2023

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Only a few MS have enough stats and part slots to get all the way to 70, but plenty can get 62+

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

the clan missions have me trying new suits out to max our token haul, which I think is very cool because I otherwise would never have known that the Geara Doga Heavy Arms absolutely fucks. also, gently caress the Zeong, all my homies hate the Zeong

e: I got to try the geara doga, made this post, and then the quickmatch modes changed :smith:

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 7, 2023

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Zodack posted:

To be fair, ZIV IP is generally considered to be weakest native 700 Raid, so really strong Gens like Phenex and Sazabi are likely focusing you down because the lack of dodge roll makes you really easy to take off the field.

To reiterate what others have stated though, the 700 meta is in a big state of flux right now. It's always kinda been a pay-to-play meta since the native 700s are really more like 750 cost suits than 700 cost suits, but the new melee part is throwing things a bit considering how melee-heavy the 700 meta is. Also because Nightingale is nowhere near as meta-dominant for Raids (the strongest native 700 Raid right now is Sinanju Stein followed by Banshee) as Hi-Nu is for Generals and Kshatriya just got a massive slew of quite honestly unwarranted buffs that improved nearly every single aspect of the suit across the board, things are getting really weird in 700.

ZIV IP has kind of been left behind in all of that, to boot.

slicing up eyeballs posted:

the clan missions have me trying new suits out to max our token haul, which I think is very cool because I otherwise would never have known that the Geara Doga Heavy Arms absolutely fucks. also, gently caress the Zeong, all my homies hate the Zeong

e: I got to try the geara doga, made this post, and then the quickmatch modes changed :smith:

GD Heavy is not a bad suit, but I think it has a hard time competing against a lot of the other 'meta' Supports at its various cost points. It's most competitive at its native cost (550), grossly outclassed at 600 (seriously, native 600 Supports are absolute monsters), and at 650 and above the lack of melee defense becomes a huge liability.

I would take a GD Heavy any day over an insta-lock Super Gundam though, I'll tell you that.

Zeong is also hilariously power-crept at this point in the game. It's more of a nuisance than anything and is begging to get its rear end kicked in melee by other Generals and even Raids. So yeah, gently caress the Zeong - kill it quick for the free points.

Kanos posted:

For ballistics that's relatively trivial as ballistics aren't wildly common at 700 native, but the melee one is absurd and the definitely-coming beam one will be even more absurd.

It will be absurd, but I think it will come at a cost. I don't think it's going to be anywhere near as cheap in terms of part slots as the ballistic one is given how pretty much everything uses beams at high costs, so building for beam bulk is going to come at the cost of damage, thrust, etc. that you might ordinarily be able to stack with regular beam defense.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Aug 7, 2023

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

another 500k dp for the anniversary, and some 1-4 star tickets/components :toot:

Is it always a fools errand to pull on the standard supply drop banner? I know it's a full price roll but the bonus normal suit looks sick. The special "unobtained" drop banner doesn't really appeal to me since I'm not a completionist and I've only got enough for like one, max two rolls. plus it's full price even at step 1!

LuiCypher posted:

GD Heavy is not a bad suit, but I think it has a hard time competing against a lot of the other 'meta' Supports at its various cost points. It's most competitive at its native cost (550), grossly outclassed at 600 (seriously, native 600 Supports are absolute monsters), and at 650 and above the lack of melee defense becomes a huge liability.

I would take a GD Heavy any day over an insta-lock Super Gundam though, I'll tell you that.

aye this was at 550, glad it made sense as it felt good to bruno gun it up. and yeah the zeong targeting just annoys me, I put a lot of effort into fancy flying so that I don't get hit with beams!

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 10, 2023

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
If you actually want the MS on rateup it's not the worst idea. The rate-up is a 3% chance so it'll take you an average of about 99 tokens, meaning (over the long term) there's an approximate exchange rate of 2 regular rateup suits to 1 195-token guaranteed 4-star.
You'll have to decide for yourself whether you care more about having e.g. 1 Psycho Doga plus 1 MPZZ vs 1 Hi-nu, depending on how cool you think the Doga's hat is and how often you play 700 cost and etc etc.

But there's also a lot more variance so you have to deal with the risk of just getting nothing due to bad luck. If you've got low risk tolerance you might wanna stick to just the 7-step banners to avoid getting disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

without knowing what I'm missing out on I feel like I've got good options for most cost/terrain combinations so it's hard to see past "cool new spacesuit!!" even if you practically never see the drat thing. If there were like a random suit mode or suit trial I'm sure I'd feel a lot more strongly about what I get out of the rolls besides "ooh, shiny I don't have." much to consider, thanks!

e:well I went for it and on a ten roll got the psycho doga, Nemo cannon and max enhanced a handful of suits thanks to the bonuses, AND got the snazzy normal suit. I've learned all the wrong lessons!

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 11, 2023