Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
The regular Gouf is devastating in a 250 match due to it's 3 hit melee combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Report: The G-Line Assault Armor is a loving monster.

Also... I noticed we din't have a clan. So... join the clan I am in. We are Red Haven (Tag: Rh) and doing very well frankly. Pretty sure no one is a CHUD, but I did just meet then a few days ago. I'm sure we can talk the owner in to making it an unofficial goon clan. I mean, if we're doing our own thing let's Goon this poo poo. But I feel like this one might not get much traction here.

Oh, and don't forget the hanger across from the rewards guy. I did not notice it for almost a week, but it is a passive upgrade for your suits. It's slow as hell (72 hours for 100 points) but it's pretty nice (about 1000 expansion points a month if you stay on to of it). Most suits are between 1000 - 1500 to max. Low cost suits are less. Don't waste hours on anything rank 150 or 100. Unless you feel really confident in that gimmick build.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Yeah, they just merged the servers.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Yeah, I hit Corporal last night and those xp values are causing me some anxiety.

Next rank is 15 levels, not 10.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Welp... you could go to a Japanese Arcade from what I hear.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
You sure? You get to sit in a big plastic cockpit and everything.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
It doesn't seem to get better in solo queue. Usual things that happen to me almost every solo game:

Absolutely no one seems to be able to lead shots.

1v2ing against their weakness.

What is teamwork?

Toppled by own teammates repeatedly.

Staggered by own team repeatedly.

Me and two teamates are approaching a single enemy. The second the fight starts both teamates leave.

Not leaving kills for the ACE in ACE matches.

Being the ACE and do nothing just rush headlong into the entire enemy team by yourself.

Rush past every capture point.

Edit: Last night my clan and I went out of our way to set up perfect kills for our ACE. He did not get any kills while ACE, despite the fact that all of his pre-ACE kills were done by appearing from nowhere to snake the last 20 health off something we'd been fighting. The ones we want him to take? He leaves to go fight the rest of the enemy team solo.

When I'm with my clan we do really well usually. Red Haven (Rh) to join.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 18, 2019

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I love that you can get out of your mobile suit and think it would really kind of ruin the game if they took it out. There have been be multiple matches where I've just run around capturing points after losing my suit and I ejected. Once I spent like half of the map out of my suit because it kept getting captured do to my stupidity and still managed to make a contribution to the win because I kept almost all the control points under our influence.

I've even gotten on foot kill against the mobile suit with the rocket launcher it does a surprisingly large amount of damage. I've also gotten a whole bunch of kills using the Balls that are scattered around some of the space Maps.

And either of the space maps with that little ride armour that has Mega particle Cannon just means a ton of free kills.

Edit: Two people repairing by hand is substantially faster than parking at base and repairing yourself.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 18, 2019

Zushio
May 8, 2008
That reminds me: Topple an enemy (rare) or watch me do it. Then, while the enemy is down and 100% vulnerable they do absolutely nothing. Then, the second the enemy stands up and gains invulnerability they unload everything they have. Usually just in time to run out of ammo when the invulnerability wears off.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
That restriction only applies to ranked matches I believe.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
The third week of every month there is a half price supply drop. After the first one it goes back to full price, but you are garuenteed better items for 2 more pulls.

Yes, coins are just for supply drops.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I ran in to a troll who was running around an Unrestricted Match in a Lv. 1 GM Trainer. I figured it out right away so when he came for me I just staggered him first and left. After 5 times I got kicked from the game for bad team play. So... just let trolls get themselves kicked I guess?

Either way proposed new thread title

"Gundam Battle Operation - Pubbies So Bad They Can't Even Troll"

Alternatively,

"Gundam Battle Operation - Pubbies So Bad They Don't Even Need To Troll"

I cannot stress enough how important a good team to play with is. It's almost as bad as solo queuing in Leage or something.

Also, join Red Haven (Rh), etc. etc.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I think support fire hurts anything it hits.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
The Zaku 1 GS they give you is really good, as is the Zudah at low costs.

Fighting at 200-250 the only suit I've found to be just better than others is the Gouf for its 3 hit melee at 250. Everything else is pretty balanced I feel, but GM Kai or Zaku 2 is usually the answer unless you want something more specialized.

Team play is so critical for some of the lighter stuff, without proper support the Light Armor GM might as well be a paper bag, but if you have a good team it is devastating. It's Beam Gun is 3x more powerful than any other hand weapon those low level units get.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 23, 2019

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Oh yeah, the GM Trainer is good too. Dodge AND Combo controller at 200 is absurd. I just feel the shield has it's benefits and I like that Double Beam Gun. I think it also allows for a better spectrum of expansion parts, the Trainer really gets shafted there.

Also, I can't land shots for poo poo from the Bazooka type weapons.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 23, 2019

Zushio
May 8, 2008

Kanos posted:

I really don't see any reason to play it besides aesthetics when you have the Efreet sitting right there at the same cost and doing basically the same thing but much better in terms of "stagger and melee" generals, or the HiMo Zaku being a far, far superior shooty suit.

I have good results with the GS simply because it is so non-specialized. While you certainly can't lead a charge very well or solo with it, it makes for excellent work in full team fight. It keeps the damage pretty constant and provides solid cover for weaker teamates like Supports. I also use to intercept melee attacks for allies a lot because I'm so close to the team. Doesn't matter if you hit them from the back while they are swinging at someone else, you still trigger the counter. Plus if you do get an opportunity to tag someone with the Heat Sabre it is pretty damaging. I pretty much only pull it out during pursuits and when I see an enemy topple. And Evade is always nice. Certainly not a hero suit, but a solid soldier one for sure. Which is my playstyle in general.

I also don't have either of those better options yet.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 23, 2019

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Pulled the Gerbera Tetra and 5 other suits in the new banner. Status:Happy

Zushio
May 8, 2008
You really have to bait out the melee for the counter. When I actually do one, which is becoming more frequent, it's such a Newtype moment. Just a feeling that says hit the tackle now rather than any actual plan. Also, countering someone trying to melee an ally never gets old and I am super good at doing that on purpose.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Game is set post CCA, but the latest suit right now is from 0083 I think. Someone mentioned the GM III was in the beta.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Friendly control point.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Protip: Paint your Gerbera Tetra like a bright, shiney bumblebee and zip around behind enemy lines until you get someone's attention.

Then, boost like mad back to your own team. People seem to get laser focused on you and fly right in to you entire waiting team. It is hilarious when you turn around and see someone who was near full health floating in space with a tiny tick left.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
When something hits for lower damage than it should that it should that means that whatever you shot has a high resist to whatever you shot it with. In this case, your target either had naturally high beam resist, or has custom parts on it that increase beam resist.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Turns out Ranked isn't even a thing yet! There is Rated and Quick. Ranked is a locked option at the bottom and I am scared.

Also, Rated is about the same as Quick. Everyone is glory blind, teamplay is a myth. Unless it's the other team.

Also, getting in to a Rated game with friends is a crap shoot. My one classmate and I were both mid C+ and could not group. Mind you, if you random queue you end up on a team full of D- and the other team is all B+ or A- sometimes.

Edit: Red Haven (Rh) has about 20 people, some of which may be goons.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I thought Abandoned City was already a map in the game? I have it on good authority the new map is based on New Yark.

Zushio
May 8, 2008

chiasaur11 posted:

If you mean the stadium near where Garma died, that was in Seattle, I think.

According to Mobile Suit Breakdown's research, Garma crossed most of the USA to get to the White Base. Confusing in the context of the show, with there being two big cities in the same episode, but there you go.

Pretty sure it's New Yark where Garma dies, not only is that where his headquarters are, but I also have vivid memories of the White Base Escape/Destroy Kill/Protect Garma mission from Gundam vs Zeta Gundam that is absolutely on the New Yark map. That and THE DAY OF DAKAR mission that absolutely everybody in the game has to clear.

https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/New_York

Zushio
May 8, 2008
If I'm online feel free to invite me. Same username.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Agreed, they need to add knockback to compensate. Gundam Hammer should send people flying across the map IMO.

The real meta is knowing how to avoid getting stunned.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
GP04 is also super fragile and not suited to Space Fortress, aka the most frequent space map.

Also, space is awesome and good. It's sadly a huge step down from Gundam vs Zeta Gundam where you had 6-degrees of freedom in space. Also, I really goddamn miss Shattered Horizon.

Edit: Y'all just need to learn The Terrible Secret of Space. But I've said too much already.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 1, 2019

Zushio
May 8, 2008
My new goal in life is to master the Gogg. You need to paint it correctly though. Gotta make it TV accurate.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
My new goal in life is to master the Gogg. You need to paint it correctly though. Gotta make it TV accurate.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
The GM Intercept Custom [FB] gets them too. It's space only as well as super fast and annoying to hit. Unfortunately, it has the shot modifier of a suit half its cost so you do virtually no damage unless you drop in a bunch of shooting programs.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Basically unless someone ganks me from behind I rarely get trapped in the combo these days. If you are playing well and sticking with your team it is hard to get trapped in the entire combo because most (not all) players will move to intercept if you are nearby. I make it a priority to put a bunch of shots in to anyone who has staggered an ally or to intercept the melee with a counter.

Realistically, if you are playing smart and sticking with your team instead of trying to be a hero lone wolf you will find yourself eating poo poo way less often. I know it may seem like Raid designation means you should be trying to backline the enemy and catch people not paying attention with melee like a true hero, but you will absolutely do more good sticking with your team and not getting too far ahead. Sure you may pick up a kill or two playing separate, but then you have enemies your allies kill spawning on your rear end and trapping you between two fronts with no way to get help.

You won't get so many kills if you stick with your team, but the entire match will go better without you suiciding in to enemy lines. You will probably do about two to three times the damage overall and die substantially less if you work together instead of getting glory blind. I usually lose 2 suits a match, even when we're getting stomped it is rare I lose more than 3. Typically I get 3 or 4 kills and 80 - 90k damage regardless of what I play.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 15, 2019

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Personally I want a mode like the old VS games where you have a fixed amount of points that decrease and the winner is whoever can still field units.

Say it's a 5000 point match. Sure you can play in the 550 point suit, but are you good enough to get 600 points worth of kills before your single death costs your team more than 10% of the remaining points? And if there are only 400 points left? Well sorry, you can't spawn anymore because you cost too much.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Is posting nothing but that Shut Up and Take My Money gif still a bannable offense?

Edit: Terrible picture of a recent results screen I was quite happy with. Little low on the damage number, but it was only a 400 match.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 16, 2019

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Some kind of brutal brain issue has prevented me from being able to get the screenshot off of the ps4...

I have worked out a solution for future.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I was going with send image to group chat, open group chat on phone, save image actually.

Can't find my USB drive anyway.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
It can be frustrating, but makes it super rewarding when you do get something nice. My only golds ever have been tokens though, which isn't exactly bad. Each one is worth slightly more than a dollar Canadian by Bandai's metric.

One night I got 2 silvers in a row. The first was a high level Guncannon and the second was the G-Line Assault Armor (forget which level, I have both now). The weird thing was, I had seen the G-Line AA a few matches prior for the first time and been going on about how badass it was and how much I wanted one.

It is indeed badass, absolutely my favourite suit. Just completely devastating. I have mine painted like the Lumber Gundam.

The Guncannon is painted somewhat like a Canadian Olympic uniform, as I felt it was the most patriotic suit. The cannons are a nice dank green. :okpos: :canada:

Zushio
May 8, 2008
New mode idea. Each side gets a Pyscho Gundam MK2 and 4 whatevers.

Or like battles that recreate events from the show. It randomizes everyone in to the appropriate units for each side. Be a good way to let people demo suits to encourage gatcha draws.

Zushio
May 8, 2008

OxMan posted:

Ace Matches except with Chars Gelgoog VS Amuros Gundam with everyone else in a smattering of GMs and Zakus would kick rear end if pubbies understood Ace Matches.

This makes sense, they are already ripping off the basic flow of Battlefield gameplay. Just make it like the Star Wars ones where you transform in to a hero unit sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I got third once!