Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

brainwrinkle posted:

There's an $8 "starter pack" of 31 tokens + the Level 2 Gundam. I bought this to support the game (and because the other token packs feel like a ripoff).

This doesn't seem to exist on the EU store. :rip:

Pro tip for new players: speak to the schoolgirl at the base entrance and do her tutorials. Not only do you get a bunch of points and tokens you can use, you also get the level 3 GM trainer, which is a really stupidly good 200 point general suit (especially with a hyper bazooka).

Also, I love my chunky son:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The Zaku HA is something I really wish I would gacha, but the gacha gods are not with me.

I did get the G-Line and G-Assault from the half-token pull and those are quite fun, though.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

brainwrinkle posted:

Also join clan GVT if you don't have a clan, we are nearing halfway to the next level.

You're not searchable in Europe so I guess the servers are segregated. :rip:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
What's the draw for the GM Kai at 200? It's worse than the GM Trainer in basically every way.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The lack of melee combo controller on the GM Kai just kills it for me, sadly, which is a shame because it's my second favourite MS design in all of Gundam. :rip:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
90% of the time counters happen because of the questionable netcode and laggy players, and the counter animation actually happens after I've hit with my melee attack.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Click the touchpad, I believe. It makes you faster and deal more damage, but when it ends your legs and head are destroyed and can't be repaired.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Or you're shooting a support (since the Pezun Dwadge is a general) that also happens to have decent beam resist, probably.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kanos posted:

It goes into your promotion mission requirement(all promotions require you to grind out an amount of experience), but once you finish your promotion exp mission it's all wasted until you finish your other missions and actually promote.

I don't think this is true, because when I promoted to LCpl it took a little while to get all the non-XP requirements and I ended up promoting to LCpl 1 with 80% of the bar filled.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I spend 80% of all matches spamming "assemble in close formation" because the idea of not just charging in one by one to get picked off is beyond most players in this game, apparently. :smith:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
What do you actually do to trigger them, interact with them like vendors?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

OxMan posted:

Use the touch pad to take a picture.

Didn't even know that was a thing. Thanks!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You have the GM Trainer.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Zaodai posted:

Yeah, but even there there's not a whole lot you can do with a poo poo team, and a team is much more likely to be poo poo when they can't hope to operate on "keep the enemy in front of you" so they'll just charge blindly forward where they see nothing but open space ahead of them blissfully unaware that the entire enemy team is behind them fighting.

Unfortunately, no suit is a cure for pubbies being terrible. :v:

Oh Snapple! posted:

Ehh. It's frustrating, yeah, but sometimes you have a scenario where you have a "do x space/ground sorties" daily and whoops the only option available in the current cycle is at a high cost or even Unrestricted.

Literally everyone who started playing in October got given the Full Armour Gundam and RX-78-02, so no one has any excuse whatsoever for picking a <400pt suit in unrestricted.

e; unrelated but jesus, the RGM-79D's SMG outputs loving terrifying levels of DPS. :stare:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 1, 2019

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
If anyone has 11k-ish DP spare and likes to play around at 250-300 points, pick up the Cold Districts GM. It has a very unique gun that absolutely shits out damage (you'll take 50-70% of most suits' HP off in 5-6 seconds) and is really fun to use as a result.

It's also the platonic ideal of the GM I.5 design.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kanos posted:

I agree that it's a really goddamn good suit but I don't think it's a great investment for a brand new player

That's why I said "if you have a spare 11k DP." It's a fun suit to pick up once you have a few levels under your belt and can afford to spend that DP.

It's essentially a short-range support in disguise as a general - you really want to be roaming with at least one buddy so you can blend the enemy while they're paying attention to the bluezooka you're hiding behind.

That said, it's perfectly capable in 1v1s, too. It has a grenade launcher to stun, and it's a generally pretty fast suit, which means you can at least get out of the way of most suits that are trying to melee your face in, and manoeuvre armour means you can easily fight bazooka users one on one.

Kanos posted:

Totally brand new players looking for a new 250 general are probably best served with the GM Command, which is an all-in-one superstar which is basically "what if GM Trainer but better in all ways".

Armoured GM is also insanely good at 250.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 5, 2019

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The crates are just a free gacha pull, you still make progress via XP and earning DP to buy stuff from the store.

If you're not in a clan already I recommend joining one since it regularly just hands you 10k DP when the clan ranks up.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
If you have a L3 weapon but no L1 or L2, and take out a L2 suit, it will be downgraded to L1. It will also be downgraded to L1 if you take it on a L1 suit.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Zaodai posted:

Streamers are saying there's supposed to be some kind of announcement for this game at the NYC Anime Convention this weekend. No word on what that is, but get hype for the mystery box!

PC release so intrepid modders can finally put MS Girls in-game.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Overheat reduction will most likely make the difference between being stuck grounded with no boost and being able to take off and run away more often than faster non-overheat cooldown.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Historical battles mode where you can only sortie with period-appropriate mobile suits. :getin:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kanos posted:

The One Year War's mobile suit combat took place over the course of about 8 months, with Zeon dropping onto Earth in March 0079. The Gundam storyline begins in September 0079, and the war ends in January 0080.

I'm well aware.

By "period-appropriate" I mean to the month, calculated based on a default playthrough of Gihren's Greed.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The matchmaking is what kills this game. It's garbage, and keeps putting a bunch of players who are either brand new or trolling (because they're running suits way below cost cap and running off to get picked 1v4) on one team, against teams of highly coordinated players in fully-kitted-out meta MSes. 8 of the last 10 games I've played (all in the 250-350 range) have ended up with my team scoring sub-1500 points and the enemy winning by a 3000+ point margin. :thumbsup:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 23, 2019

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The existence of Ace Match is honestly bizarre because Target Shuffling is the exact same concept but correctly executed.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You can absolutely play -cannon MSes (including the GM Cannons, Zaku Cannons and Guncannons) at mid-range, and it's way more effective than sitting back on a hill and taking a potshot at something every 5-10 seconds. Just treat the cannon(s) as a bazooka, but you switch to your MG to deal follow-up damage instead of melee. :v:

e; vv I said mid-range, not close quarters. Stay in MG range (preferably behind a blue), but stay the gently caress out of knife fight range.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Nov 24, 2019

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The real question is when are we getting the Gigan Space Type from Unicorn in this.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Got a level 1 Rick Dias, Bishop and Dom High Speed on my last minute 15 token pull of the week. :stare:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The Rick Dias seems like a solid bluezooka but at 500+ I'm not sure if that's enough. :rip:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Pulled a Dom Barrage and this thing seems pretty good; it has the Pezun chest beam, plus missiles that do a decent amount of damage and can also stagger ~twice per magazine. The primary is a 200 round gatling that dishes out some solid DPS, though it seems to have absolutely no stagger.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 20, 2019

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The Gigan is such a trash design but boy howdy is it good+fun at 200-250.

I want to know when the hell GBO2 is adding

I need my killer trashcan to be even better in space.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Dec 22, 2019

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
New year's stuff is live, with another free 10-pull. The Hyaku Shiki has also been added to the game.

The boosted supply drop gives 100 mechanic tickets on the first 10-pull (randomly between bronze/silver/gold), 100-300 recycle tickets on the second, one of lvl5 beam/ballistic/melee armour on the third, and one of the Hizack/Rick Dias/Hyaku Shiki on the fourth, just in case anyone had 120 tokens lying around.

My free pulls did at least give me a level 2 Kampfer.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

free hubcaps posted:

What’s the schedule like for adding suits, do they go by series? I’m sad there seems to be nothing from stardust memory

They seem to be generally going by era and are starting to move out of the OYW period.

There's already a whole bunch of 0083 suits: the Zaku F2, Xamel, Gelgoog Marine, GM Kai, Powered GM, GM Custom, Dom Tropen, Dra-C, GP01 and GP02 are all in already.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

free hubcaps posted:

yea I looked again and found it, also the xamel is pretty obvious. sucks that the gundams or GM custom aren’t easily accessible tho

New suits are almost always gacha-only for the first few months and then get added to the DP store, so they'll be available for general purchase eventually (but probably locked behind a high rank and a huge DP cost).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
How will we ever cope with not getting the Aqua GM, I wonder.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Are there any 300-400 points spaceworthy raids worth picking up in the DP store? I just realised every raid I have in that point range is ground only.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

AYPWIP posted:

Edit: I'm also hoping we'll eventually get the option to swap to space controls for suits that have a flight mode or transformation. I've got boost on L1 and jump on X when on land specifically to make it easier to boost and move the right stick at the same time, so suddenly having to use X to ascend when flight mode is active is a pain in the butt.

Jump + ascend on X and crouch + descend on square is what I use since it makes sense.

Anyway, I'll vouch for the Gigan: it's slow and cumbersome and a bit difficult to defend yourself with if you end up in a 1v1 against a Raid, but it has a good cannon for stuns with a relatively good rate of fire, and the arm gatling absolutely destroys Generals, so you're good in anything other than that scenario.

Said gatling has surprisingly long range, so you can safely play the Gigan from just behind your blues and contribute a lot of damage to fights because people will generally ignore the trashcan plinking them with MG fire while they're busy dodging bazooka stunlocks.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Zushio posted:

Serious though, I hate double tapping shoulders.

:same: but I'd rather be able to boost and steer at the same time.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Has anybody gotten any hate messages after matches? Some guy called me a coward after a match last night and I don't know who he was or what I might have done to make him mad.

I got one from a Japanese guy calling me a noob for defusing the bomb he planted at the last possible second, costing his team the match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Go to edit the suit loadout, there's a tab that will let you configure it.