Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Zushio posted:

That restriction only applies to ranked matches I believe.

It does not, speaking as someone who's only played quick matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
A Level 3 Zaku II is perfectly good in 200-point missions. The trade off is usually between utility (useful gimmicks) and damage. The higher level a suit is, the more powerful the guns it can equip, meaning that even the crappiest, dinkiest suits have value if their level is high enough to match the point limit. A Level 5 Zaku might not be as high-performance as your Rick Dom, but it can equip Level 5 weapons while you're at Level 1, and those will really hurt.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sjs00 posted:

Super fun game! But I don't understand the weapon and MS star/level system. I equipped a level 3 launcher onto my lvl 2 Desert GM and a Level 5 beam saber to multiple level 1s and 2s. That were then rejected from some game modes ??

Suits can only carry weapons of their level and below. It's what makes a Level 5 Zaku competitive against, say, a Level 1 Ground Gundam - the Zack's performance is worse, and it's a less versatile machine, but it has a significantly higher damage ceiling.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kanos posted:

At 200-250? GM Cold Districts, the GM Camouf/Zudah with their anti-ship rifles, the Desert GM, and the Armored GM all play like this.

At 300-350, you're looking at the High Mobility Zaku with the Simplified Missile Launcher, the Gelgoog, the Pale Rider Cavalry, and the Ground Gundam WR all like playing in mid ranges but aren't afraid to get their hands dirty.

From 400 up, this playstyle opens up a whole shitload because solid beam rifles become very prevalent and beam rifles are the kings of this kind of playstyle. The Alex is probably the platonic ideal of the "poke them with a beam rifle until they die while still being nasty in a scrap" aesthetic.

Absolutely not. The Kampfer is basically an Efreet on steroids; all of its weapons function best at knife-fighting range, and the suit is so fragile that it absolutely does not want to engage in any sort of mid-range poking because wiggling back and forth in the open firing slow-rear end bazooka shots is a really great way to get a support to chunk you for half your life in one connect.

The Kampfer plays like a combination of aggressive rushdown and ambush predator tactics.

Just like in the show!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kanos posted:

The Rick Dias looks like an absolutely murderous 500 general. Emergency Evasion, Maneuver Armor, Forced Injector, and a new skill that allows you to tackle and only consume 80% of your boost - the latter means it will pretty much automatically win most common close in furballs if played well. I guess the way we're going to break the stranglehold of the GP series is by releasing things just as goddamn silly.

Admittedly, it does fit with the sort of mischief they got up to in the first few episodes of Zeta.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

AYPWIP posted:

Assuming the Zeta Gundam proper is the inaugural 600-point suit, there's a few OYW/083 suits that could be brought in at that higher price point. I'd love a blue 600-point Gerbera Tetra Kai, for example.

...And then there's the entirety of Advance of Zeta to be mined. Wikipedia informs me that Richard Adams died in 2016, so who knows what the trademark issues are there. :v:

(They might be able to get away with Hazel or even Woundwort, but Hrairoo, Hysenthlay and Kehaar would be giving the game away a little too much!)

They had a bunch of AOZ suits in Gundam Breaker 3, at least.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So how do I get lots of stuff without spending money? Explain it to me as you would to a Newtype child.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So, just the dailies, then? That's enough? What's that whole 'premium medal' thing that lets you encourage people?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

You'll also want to join a clan as soon as you can as that will increase your flow of both tokens and DP

Oh? How so? Also, any clans recruiting for EU goons?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Is there any way to view the full map like you can in World of Tanks without dying first?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I would assume that for low-cost fights, support suits make the best pubstompers (since most people will be in generals, and since, correspondingly, most people will be too scared to use raids). What's the crème de la crème for 200/250-cost supports?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

AYPWIP posted:

We've got a whole batch of balance changes coming up, too. Nerfs to the Hildolfr and the Assault Guntank (so keep that in mind before you buy one from the ticket store), buffs to the G3 Gundam, both Z'goks and the Zudah F... Plus a crapton of minor buffs to level 3 and 4 versions of suits to keep them competitive at higher points ranges.

Oh poo poo, the Gouf Custom's gatling does 25% more damage now.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So those buffs definitely helped their suits a lot. The Gouf Custom can now do quite respectable ranged damage when you can't get a melee opening, and the Full Armor Gundam Type B readies and shoots its big cannon much faster, making it very safe and easy to fish for stuns at range and follow up with a double-tap from your beam guns.

Incidentally, what's the best way to use the Xamel? Its cannon has lots of ammo, but seems a little too weak, inaccurate, and slow-firing to be the only way you should dish out damage.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Genuinely did not expect the Zudah with the Zaku MG to chew through enemies as effectively as it does. It's a really effective ranged harasser.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
What are the good high-cost machinegunners? The Zaku Kai is a superb all-rounder (decently tough, decently agile, has an arsenal of easy-to-use weapons that are well-matched with each other's cooldowns) that always feels like it's contributing, and I was wondering what does the same thing (or a similar thing) at higher levels.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I mean, a high-capacity beam rifle would be fine too. Just anything where you can lay down a steady rain of accurate fire and then switch to something that makes big booms while you reload.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Just clawed my way from C- to C by repeatedly carrying pubbies very, very hard with Gerhart Schmitzer's Zaku. Whew. Last victory that got me across the line, I think I was the only one to beat my rival.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
What does increasing your rating get you, anyway? I've never been all that sure.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Is there any way to map which weapons you have on the quick-access wheel? I know some like the Pale Rider Cavalry where the more useful goodies are locked behind far too many button presses.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

Go to edit the suit loadout, there's a tab that will let you configure it.

Ah, that's a relief. Having the head gatlings eat up a slot on a suit with the gimmick of 'gun that does everything' is very annoying.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Jesus, I've got a 25% win-rate this month, and I'm pretty sure it's not my fault. Just an endless, endless succession of horrible teams who fold in a gentle breeze.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Wow, the Psycommu Zaku is really fun. After spending most of my playthrough mucking around with machineguns and bazookas, being able to whip out some actual, no-poo poo beam-spam is immensely satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The Zaku Heavy Arms with the MMP-80 is definitely the ultimate low-tier pubstomper. It's basically a General that tears through other Generals, and can defend itself reasonably well against Raids (because it's got a shield, because Raids are usually quite fragile, and because defending yourself against melee attackers with some deft axe-work isn't that hard).

Seriously, close-ranged brawler Supports are rad and I want to discover more.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 11, 2020