Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

fritz posted:

VirusNewbie 16 minutes ago | root | parent | next [–]

I will fight tooth and nail to keep our industry from unionizing. One can simply look at the public school system and how well it performs with one of the strongest unions in the country. You don't have well paid teachers (except those who have been teaching for a long time, at the detriment to new teachers),you don't serve the children well and you now have to navigate both a career and politics of a union.
Unions benefit those who play the social game more so the job requirements, as it allows for an alternative power structure to be climbed.
Those are the exact people I love being able to avoid in the software field.
he thinks he's in a meritocracy :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
oxff 1 hour ago | parent | prev | next [–]

The issue with Kernel development is that it's a dying profession. Nobody is interested in it. That's why there's an attempt with sexy new language, to bring more developers to work on it.

Probably less than 30 people in the world understand the thing as a holistic entity. From evolutionary terms, there's a giant risk of losing relevant technical knowledge to keep it up in the future.

I do not support adding it to the Kernel, I think we should just throw away the kernel entirely, but I understand why they're looking at Rust.

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
you can set up ublock origin filters to prevent google results from any site you want:

https://www.reddit.com/r/uBlockOrigin/comments/dzjogk/can_you_somehow_remove_sites_from_google_search/

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
im the 10 billion dollar cryptocurrency