Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

This one time, I bit into what I thought was a potato in my stew, but it was just a chayote, and it wasn't cooked well which made it hard. The whole experience was terrible and now I am suspicious of all cubed potatoes in stew. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Mooey Cow posted:

I think that's wise. These things are what memory is for.
It reminds me of the time I bought a sandwich that looked like it had some slices of juicy cucumber in it, but after a few bites it turned out they were in fact jalapeņos.
Just one of many times I have been savagely owned by vegetables :arghfist::saddowns:

Hecking hell, man! :arghfist:

This other time, I picked some oranges from the tree in the back. I thought they were ripe and ready, but I peeled one and it was so effing tart. Then I felt bad throwing it away because it's still a small tree and it probably tried it's hardest... so I sat there and ate the rest of that tart, sour mess. OMG.. out of guilt for the little tree lol it's kinda funny now that I think about it.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

:mad: I just remembered something.

This one time we made ceviche, but they weren't careful with the lime seeds and some seeds scattered throughtout. All of the ingredients blended them in and every now and then I would bite into a gross seed who's juices were repugnant as all hell and made me put the ceviche down so I can panhandle the seeds out with a spoon. 2/10 stars for that ceviche

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

This is like a hardcore episode of Vegetales

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Big Beef City posted:

I whip and brutally tame ALL fruits and vegetables to do my bidding and I assure you I leave NO produce unpunished

e: ooh ceviche owns one time I was in Puerto Vallarta and had the best ceviche from this little place but they also had the BEST saltwater cracker things to scoop it up with, and I've never been able to find something comparable state-side, even in the 'Mexican' section of grocery stores. They were like fluffy saltines, sorta? Hard to describe. Good poo poo if the cracker gets as much attention as the ceviche, which flippin owned.

Tell me more about these crackers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

I hate when you buy an avocado and you feel it at the store and it's squishy, so you think it's perfect for dinner that night, but when you get home and you cut it open, it still has like a day or two left because the green is still a little pale, so you have to make a decision to eat it like it is all weird and kinda tough, or put it back in the fridge and hope for the best.