Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spinach smoothies are surprisingly pretty good depending on what’s mixed in with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i finished world 2 last night and am debating attempting world 3 tonight. my legs are sore from yesterday still, but I'm having a great time with this game

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Just started last night, finished world 1, and now I got sore calves hell yeah exercise.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

When the game tells you not to do sitting exercises on hard floors, take heed. My lower back is sore.

On the plus side, just five days put the heart rate from a course from >140 to <120.

Condiv posted:

i finished world 2 last night and am debating attempting world 3 tonight. my legs are sore from yesterday still, but I'm having a great time with this game
There is an achievement for consecutive days training.

Rowing is cool. At first it looks easier that jogging, and then rivers start flowing uphill.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/rxrm80/status/1187073537904795648

drat that was rough. Those knee-to-chest moves were killing me, but at least I'm thru world 2 now.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
I finished World 4 this morning, difficulty 17 is pretty rough. By the end of a 28-rep bow pull my arms are shaking and 17 planks is BRUTAL. Everything about this game is absolutely fantastic and I can't wait for tonight to do a second round and unlock some new stuff.

Keep pressing me against your stomach!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

SelenicMartian posted:

There is an achievement for consecutive days training.

I'll try to get that tomorrow and friday. I'm fasting those days, so I don't know if it will be possible or not, but I'll give it a shot.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Picked this up yesterday, making great choices with playing before work and going through the day feeling like my entire body is jelly.
I’m not sure why it got set as such, but I have been playing on difficulty 20 which has been absolutely kicking my rear end, but I’m kind of tempted to just leave it at that.

This game is seriously good, and is already doing a good job at making me want to keep at it. I’m looking forward to getting some more time in tomorrow morning.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
This game had me voluntarily choosing to do planks. That's as glowing an endorsement as possible to be honest.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

The game hints asked me what happens if I try to suck in animals.

Turns out, you suck hearts out of them, game. You're sick.

Someone complained about leg moves. World 5 has a gym where you need to do four sets of different leg moves, a sidequest to do the same at 90% quality, a course where you're only allowed leg moves, and a sidequest to hover most of your way through a stage, meaning you need to run, hover, and repeat.
But, the same world also has a set of leg-boosting gear.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
Is there any way to simply go for a run through the world as a kind of single non-adventure mode exercise?

Also the graphics are actually nice but everything is a bit generic; why couldn't they have called it Mario Fit and have you running through the various kingdoms, the game would be selling like hot cakes.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Rabelais D posted:

Also the graphics are actually nice but everything is a bit generic; why couldn't they have called it Mario Fit and have you running through the various kingdoms, the game would be selling like hot cakes.

Gotta also appeal to the boomer generation.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Rabelais D posted:

Is there any way to simply go for a run through the world as a kind of single non-adventure mode exercise?

I'm incredibly grateful it's not attached to any other IP. It's charming and wonderful with its own characters and style and there's no need to drag Mario into it.

I for one look forward to Ring, Dragaux, and Honey & Hubby appearing in future games.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Frankly I'm disappointed that they didn't use this opportunity to expand on pre-existing lore by placing it in the same universe as Wii Fit

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I skipped yesterday and just did two sets of ring presses, so today I focused on mostly doing leg routines during the campaign. I like how the ring itself keeps you feeling engaged and not really cheating yourself. And I'm first in silent leg lifts for my age group globally!

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
I got to watch my boyfriend try it out last night. He opted for the silent running after he literally shook the living room (he's dense and not light on his feet), and that actually looks pretty useful so I might try it some too. He enjoyed it enough he's talking about getting his own copy. I think it'll be better for cardio than strength for him (we both do some weight training and he regularly lifts 2-3x my weights) but will probably help his posture too. I'm looking forward to time tomorrow to do more of the campaign myself.

Bremma fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 24, 2019

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Argue posted:

Frankly I'm disappointed that they didn't use this opportunity to expand on pre-existing lore by placing it in the same universe as Wii Fit

I’m surprised you can’t unlock gray skinned Wii Fit trainer alts.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 24, 2019

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
I can see the BotW resemblance now.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

The Second Breath of the Wild.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
World 3 Dragaux is a jerk, I stopped yesterday after he beat me. Did a Multitask bonus, another level, and did the run to the boss a second time for the extra XP to get to level 18, and beat him the second time. Feels good, especially after going to the gym earlier to do stationary bike and leg exercises.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i ran through all of world 3 on difficulty 16 or 17 today. took me 34 minutes (active) including the one time I dropped my guard early and dragaux one-shot me.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Game's fun and very flexible for all kinds of wannabe athletes

Can't wait for the Doom DLC where you use overhead ring pulls to messily-peel demons like ripe bananas

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

The Second Breath of the Wild.

Breathless of the Wild.

On a side note I learned yesterday what Boat Pose is. Turns out the “set” exercises escalate pretty quickly between Medium and Intense difficulty!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Hey guy who invented planks, gently caress you

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

bushisms.txt posted:

Hey guy who invented planks, gently caress you

yeah i did two sets of planks and I hate them. it sucks most that you can't see the screen while you're doing them, which kinda rips away part of the reason for playing ring fit adventure (exercising and punishing myself so I can whap monsters)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I had previously learned to do squats dropping to just below 90 degrees but it seems like the game wants me to go much lower. Is that a tracking thing or is it expecting different form? Is the game's version superior?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

For squats, i have to go a little wider than shoulder and drop more than 90 for a great to read consistently, might have to do with how far out you hold the ring, I've been kind of experimenting with it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this game is perfect if you haven’t exercised regularly for a while

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

bowmore posted:

this game is perfect if you haven’t exercised regularly for a while

It really is. I’m recommending it to a lot of people.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

The skill tree unlocks at level 40 and offers additional skill slots.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Can you customise which exercises show up? I have a classic cyclist body which big muscly thighs and everything else on my body being noodly string.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

team overhead smash posted:

Can you customise which exercises show up? I have a classic cyclist body which big muscly thighs and everything else on my body being noodly string.
You can do custom workouts.

In Adventure, the skills are split into Body, Arms, Legs and Yoga groups, You start with one exercise of each type, then unlock more as you level up, so you can make a set with more arm moves or more abs.

The game encourages using some types by introducing enemies weak to them, but you could ignore that. You won't get away from stage obstacles, though, like squatting on trampolines... there's so much loving squatting in world 5...

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

To all of you brave enough to Plank, I salute you. I did them TWICE last night and I thought I was going to die. I asked my husband how many left and he said "... seven" and I just laid my rear end down and rested for a moment before continuing with the dredd half-plank. Maybe I should lower the difficulty but it's only at like 17 or so and everything else is okay, challenging but bearable. Game is great, enjoying it a lot. It really would be nice to have a mode for just running through the levels, I dig the art style and it's kind of a lot prettier than where I live now.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

team overhead smash posted:

I think overall arms are the part of my body I want to work out the most, and I wonder how good this game will be at doing that. The ring con has good resistance to it, which is nice. My hope is that while you’re going to become a bodybuilder with this, I hope I can build some more muscle in my arms.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SelenicMartian posted:

The skill tree unlocks at level 40 and offers additional skill slots.

If you remember, how many health ups are there between like, 21 and there? I'm at 4 health currently and like halfway into world 3 so I'm curious.

Also Nthing the "screw planks" sentiment I've seen. Good grief that's a lot, even on difficulty 22.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

If you think plank is bad, wait till you get to slowly spreading your legs to heal.

Manuel Calavera posted:

If you remember, how many health ups are there between like, 21 and there? I'm at 4 health currently and like halfway into world 3 so I'm curious.
I'm at six, and there are heart boosters in the skill tree.

Also, I've got a yoga move with a 160 damage rating :getin:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my legs are fine, it's my core that I thought was good and stable but I guess isn't *as* strong as I thought. I can do crunches. :iiam:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Lord help me, I kinda want to play this game. But I’m pretty big and I already make noise when walking around. I’ve pissed off downstairs neighbors before. Will this game require me to do jumping jacks or something?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Pollyanna posted:

Lord help me, I kinda want to play this game. But I’m pretty big and I already make noise when walking around. I’ve pissed off downstairs neighbors before. Will this game require me to do jumping jacks or something?

There's a silent mode you can turn on that switches out all the running in place and jumping exercises for exactly this purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Silent mode is good and cool.
Also i goofed, I'm halfway through world 4, not 3.