Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I don't suppose there's a way to put the game in its entirety onto my Switch so it can be there in perpetuity, as opposed to the game card occupying the slot forever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Is there a way to make it so that if you get a smoothie in the game you get a smoothie for real

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Frankly I'm disappointed that they didn't use this opportunity to expand on pre-existing lore by placing it in the same universe as Wii Fit

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

There is no way I'm number 1 in my age bracket, and I don't see records from my friends who I know have the game. What am I missing here? I have Switch Online and I can play Tetris 99 and enter Mario Kart matches with friends just fine. I'd think it's regional except it's literally called "worldwide rankings" or something similar.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Ugh I wish I could install this directly on the Switch; I buy plenty of physical games because it's cheaper to share games amongst my clique of Switch-owning friends, but this is exactly the sort of thing that should rest in the system in perpetuity.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I don't understand the ab guard; I definitely feel it in my arms and never my stomach, like it says I should.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

For me there was one where Ring explicitly said "looks like we can't jump that high yet" or something along those lines, so I think it's definitely a power.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

John Lee posted:

guys guys

Out of Breath of the Wild

myself in the Zelda thread posted:

Replace swords with chakrams. Remove the stamina meter. Add ring con and leg strap controls. Your stamina meter is now your actual stamina.

Perform the mountain climber to climb mountains. Do the bow pull to use your bow (obviously), overhead presses to carry things, and maintain an overhead pull to keep the glider open. We can keep the Ring Fit controls for actions like opening chests and swimming (rowing).

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I just hand squeezed 8 real lemons and let me tell you folks, smoothie crafting did not prepare me for this

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

What helped me was when someone in this thread told me to make like I'm bracing to get punched in the stomach. I'm pretty sure that's what it means for you to do, and it kinda makes sense.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

... World 45? J... Jesus...

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

The boat pose is fuckin impossible; the only way i was able to even one rep was to do it on a bed; a mat wasn't enough

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Well, there's a rhythm game mode :v:

In Adventure mode I don't think there's anything that requires sound. Ring does talk to get you into the rhythm "left, right, left, right" etc etc, but I don't think the game actually cares if you pace yourself differently. That said, there are some exercises where you can't look at the screen (or it's inconvenient to) because of the pose you're making, such as during planks. In those cases, sound would be your only cue for when it's ok to stop holding the pose, and when you've completed the reps.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

CaptainPsyko posted:

Starting a gofundme for a plane ticket to japan so I can do a violence for everyone involved in “Smack Back”

Do you really think you'd even be able to lay a finger on people who presumably have managed to get perfect scores in Smack Back

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Geez, this final battle is long; I was prepared for it this time and skipped the gauntlet to go straight to Drageaux and it was still too much for me... although part of that is because it wasn't properly registering squats and I had too much pride to drink a smoothie after the mega ab guard section killed me. Still, all the squatting... gah, I'll probably take squats out of my attack rotation because the final stage and battle require enough squats by themselves.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I did it, everyone! It took me 1.5 years of not missing a session, but I finished exercise and got the ending!

Now that I've seen everything exercise has to offer, I can enjoy being sedentary for the rest of my life!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It took you a year and a half :psyduck: how often were you playing?

I’m about to beat NG+ lol

Started at 45 minutes a week, and have since ramped up to 1.5 hours a week. 85 hours by the Switch timer, which apparently only translates to 40 hours by the ingame timer. I'm about to reach maximum intensity, so I don't know what's next. Order leg and arm weights?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

The thing that helped me with the shield was someone telling me (possibly even in this thread) to just make like i'm preparing for someone to punch me in my stomach. That's what Ring means when they say it isn't your arms that should be getting the workout there.

I still don't understand what they mean when they say to engage your thighs during arm presses though.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Can anyone confirm if it's possible to transfer Ring Fit data--and only Ring Fit data--to another Switch? I'm upgrading to the OLED because my battery is shot, but since the old Switch still works perfectly fine docked, I was thinking I'd just keep it around as a dedicated Ring Fit machine so I can finally free up my cart slot and also not have to keep closing the game I'm on and then opening Ring Fit and then the reverse of that, multiple times a week. I know about the steps outlined here but IIRC the Switch is restrictive about transferring data on some games such as AC? And I just wanted to make sure Ring Fit would transfer no problem.

Argue fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Oct 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Yeah I totally didn't understand that either until someone here told me the same thing. I think when doing a guard, the ring is meant to stand in for the force that's hitting you, so basically you have to tense up the same way you would when you're preparing for someone to punch you in the stomach. Which is why ring keeps saying you should feel it in your stomach, not your arms.