Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
This game and series are totally new to me. Really like the style so far, and the concept is intriguing. Hopefully we can spare David a multitude of King’s Quest deaths over his four-day adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Go left

Um... I mean east of course!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I like the layering idea, but I would prioritize netting and then metal bars. Those are big spiders but they can contort their bodies and slip through gaps in the bars like their smaller cousins.

When in doubt, always create a makeshift flamethrower.

I'm sure Clifford will win but for our spider-smashin' truck I like Red Fox.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

> USE FLAMETHROWER ON HELICOPTER:ovr:

Just kidding. I hope the pilot's alive... :ohdear:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

my dad posted:

when we inevitably gently caress up and start over.

Yeah it's kind of amazing we haven't had any King's Quest-style hilarious deaths yet. :angel:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

N’thing restaurant, house, gas station and use Clifford as much as possible.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Now I'm wondering about David and Cate needing to eat/drink. A frigid night will sap their energy even more without some calories.

I hope we get that burger flag and I hope it's useful :burger: :patriot:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I thought we were about to get a bad ending there for a minute, glad Cate didn't shoot Barry. Also, going from a solo run to a party of four in one morning - good job, David!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Do we still have the plastic wrap we didn’t use for spider protection? That might be a better solution to the windows than the blankets. Or maybe we need to barricade the door to our helicopter room?

Our bird friend is Norwegian Blue

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Supreme victory!

Also, can't we just go looking for Cate's spaceship already? Can't die from acid rain if you're in orbit :smuggo:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

>DON’T OPEN WINDOW:ovr:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Cody!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

F

Also it looks like we’re taking the rocket to Alpha Centauri SP-4 for a science victory!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Olive Branch posted:

(Sings.) I went to the Animal Fair... The birds and tigers were there! The big baboon by the light of the moon... Was combing his auburn hair!

Aw, my kids sing that song all the time! :3:

I'm voting construction site, then back to the gas station before the lodge. Probably good tools and supplies there. It's farther from the house, but it would reduce backtracking if the lodge doesn't have disinfectant.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Definitely place the Storm Catchers at the construction crane and the tall tree at the lodge. We might need the wire to power the device at the tree, but the crane should have its own juice.

I like the idea of using the boards to seal the attic/upstairs windows and spaces and then doing whatever we can with the rest of the windows.

Can't think of exploring anywhere else, so long as we can't go the the space shuttle pad yet.

Also, I'm totally into Cate's "aliens don't exist" shtick. Reminds me of MST3K: The Movie. "Then I ram my ovipositor down your throat and lay my eggs in your chest, but I'm not an alien!"

Bregor
May 31, 2013

This LP has been short on game overs, hasn’t it? I thought we’d get some King’s Quest carnage but no luck. After the proper game is over maybe we can see a few.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Olive Branch posted:

Majora's Mask called, it wants its Moon back.

Rename Cody to BEN

It's not so much that I want copious amounts of death, but this seems like a hard game and we're playing it entirely too well. :getin:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Sort of surprising we’ve been to all these places with heavy tools and active construction and we haven’t found any work gloves or other hand protection. :shrug: Or at least oven mitts at the house/cabin/burger joint. :v:

I vote for the Sidereal offices next and see if we can play Potions Master. Then the construction site because we definitely need to weld.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

We absolutely need those copper wires, you never know when you need to hot-wire a space shuttle! I also want the paper clip and duct tape for reasons.

I've never chewed on a raw brick of instant noodles. I cook the noodles, then add the seasoning, and top it off with sriracha. It's really the only thing I put sriracha on anymore.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Olive Branch posted:

The seat next to him was empty. At least you've kept the kid safe like the big old man wanted.

:unsmith:

I think what I'm mostly looking forward to in the conclusion are the differences with Barry in tow and if there's a way to save them both.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

:aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa:

Hypocrisy posted:

We can save Barry!

Yes

Time to go for the actual Good End!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

>PANIC:ovr:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Go left

Um... I mean east of course!

Whoa, I just got a weird sense of deja vu... oh well!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Olive Branch posted:

:siren: First, how should we protect ourselves for the night? Given that we're facing locusts, I figure covering the windows with window netting is our best chance at preventing locusts from getting in. Plastic wrap is too flimsy, and the metal bars have gaps that are way too big. I also want to drop the sonic repellent device outside the house and get some pesticide flowing by powering the generator. Anything else you can think of?

:siren: Second, what weapon shall we arm ourselves with for the night when we have finished fortifying the place? I want to equip our handy-dandy flamethrower and torch any flying bug that gets inside.

:siren: Third, what shall we name our car? For some reason, I figure "Clifford" is a good name, but have no idea why. Of course, if other inspiration strikes, let me know!

:siren: Fourth, given our budding entomology hobby, what shall we name our little dead locust buddy? He strikes me as a "Gregory" like the cricket from Dragon Ball Z![/i]

I actually like the plastic wrap more than the netting, if it's good enough for Matt Damon to survive on Mars then it should keep out the locusts.

Use the rifle to no scope head shot any bugs that get through our defenses.

Our truck should be named after everyone's favorite large cartoon dog, Marmaduke.

A locust? At the end of society as we know it? Sounds like we should name it Exodus.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

It could be one of them!

> USE PESTICIDE ON HELICOPTER:ovr:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Restaurants have food! And refrigerators! And other crazy things like, oh I don't know, a gigantic burger flag!

...why did that just pop into my head... oh well!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Just caught up! :toot:

I really like our house but I agree the Cave seems like the way to go.

Bring the fan in the cave but leave the AC in the house.

Cover the cave opening with Burger Flag :patriot:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

This is getting really good! I like the idea of communicating across dream worlds. Also don’t let Barry die! :ohdear:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Just caught up with the last few pages, can't believe David was just Wesley Sniping people from the roof!

We have to take the paper clip to space, for reasons. Also take the flag and a suitable flagpole like the shovel handle and plant a loving burger flag on the moon already :patriot: :burger:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

placid saviour posted:

But who are the shadow people?!

I hope we find out in Custom Game. :cheers:

:same:

Thanks for the LP, Olive Branch! The presentation was so charming, and your work on the gifs definitely conveyed some of the heart this game has.

Now let's see what Custom Game has to offer :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Ooh fun! It's like a Choose Your Own Misadventure.

Olive Branch posted:

:siren: First, how should we protect ourselves for the night? I figure covering the windows with plastic wrap and nailing and duct taping them up will give the best protection against gas seeping in. We'll need to patch up the hazmat suit too, so I figure patching the hole on it with the towels with duct tape and replacing the air filter are important. Also, we should shelter in the ground floor as the gas density is lower than air. How do my preparations sound?

:siren: Second, what should our Day 2, Day 3, and Day 4 threats be? I don't really have any preference. Our friends are going to suffer either way...

Cover the windows with plastic/duct tape and cover the holes in the suit with more duct tape. Also wherever you hunker down, jam towels under the doors.

I'll vote for cold, bandits, and fuel.