Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
It's Sunday morning meaning that many of us are in pain and suffering from self medication the prior eve. What's your self medication for recovery routine?

I like:

Chocolate Milk (holy poo poo much easier to drink than water that first hour of rolling out of bed)
Hot shower (possibly combined with a nap)
Advil like candy

Breakfast:

Nova lox, warm goat cheese, capers and red onion, on baguette
OR
Whole can of corned beef hash (gently caress Libby Mary Kitchen 4 lyfe) and eggs
OR
Eggs and grits

No hair of the dog for me (I have no idea how people do this)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.
Menudo

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

oxys if you're rich
black if youre not

then some clear to wake up and take the edge off

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Bloodletting, up to 1.5 liters

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Runny eggs and sausage with biscuits and gravy is my go-to

but the only real answer op is water between drinks and advil before bed

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Kazak posted:

Runny eggs and sausage with biscuits and gravy is my go-to

but the only real answer op is water between drinks and advil before bed

I did the water before drinks (like every two to three) and it makes a world of difference

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

What you need to do is neck a full 500ml bottle of some sort of workout-type drink. (I prefer Pocari Sweat), just before you go to bed.

And if you don't have that, then try orange+carrot juice. Get as much of that down you as you can.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Beer and a v8

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Some soured milk product like yoghurt or kefir hits the spot for me when I'm hungover. Or just milk. Oats with one of the aforementioned.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
cardio and then a beer

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I get up, drink some water and put a coffee on. Whilst that’s brewing take a poo poo and a shower. Then go drink the coffee. After this you should feel fine. It’s important to do this as soon as possible in the morning because the longer you leave it the worse you feel

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
I no longer get hangovers. I am the liquor.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
sprawl around uselessly in a torpor of discomfort for 48 hours

Slip
Jan 20, 2001
booze

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Responsible drinking habits the prior night.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Spicy breakfast burrito or migas and grapefruit juice. Also coffee or tea I guess. Need that aspirin though. Sometimes miso soup really hits the spot though.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Icochet posted:

Bloodletting, up to 1.5 liters

tried this. do not recommend. makes a real mess, and trying to drink it makes you barf

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

having a better life that does not require getting wasted on saturdays to tolerate

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
weed is the best hangover cure

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
If you over did it on some high content beer, you're pretty much hosed imho. Half to a whole fifth of bourbon, the water regiment, Advil and a hearty breakfast remedy should have you at 75% by noon

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Water, mostly. It's a boring answer, but its true.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

2 gallons of water, a joint, and 3-5 hours of sleep

in that order

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

breakfast tacos and gatorade. advil to taste

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Ordering/getting a glass or a bottle of water is like magic, I literally never had a hangover when I was drinking heavily, then I stopped drinking in general.

For the morning, the Gordon Ramsays slightly pan fried croissants with eggs&salmon (or salted dry beef) recipe does the trick.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
How do people cook hungover? I always gently caress it up. Last time I tried I dropped it on the floor.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

They have something called electrolit in all the gas stations in Mexico which is magical. Here I just pay for overpriced cold pressed juice which I’m pretty sure is way less healthy than just eating the vegetables

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
25mg diclofenac, 20mg omeprazole (both OTC), something light to eat and water and b vitamin complex then sleep.
After sleep junk food.
A bit later coffee.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

This thread again. Maybe mods should sticky it forever. Pho soup is the only thing that actually helps

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
A good punch to the dick

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Sekenr posted:

This thread again. Maybe mods should sticky it forever. Pho soup is the only thing that actually helps

I did that one morning and ended up throwing up in my buddy's car on the way back to his place.

Big glass of water filled with an entire packet of Emergen-C before bed. Water and Advil the next day

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

electrolyte drink, multivitamin, cup noodle overfilled with extra salt added, force water down your shameful gullet, naps, self loathing

those are just remedies obvs, if you can actually cure your hangover you're either 22 or a fraud drunk

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
I would induce vomiting first, then 3 or 4 Ibuprofen, then 3 of the largest cups of water I could find.

Woke up red eyed and bushy tailed each time.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Dont drink smoke weed

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Just stop drinking. Haha.

Coconut water, pho, and time usually did it for me.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Xaintrailles posted:

How do people cook hungover? I always gently caress it up. Last time I tried I dropped it on the floor.

you drive to a taqueria and order your cute

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

smoke weed and go back to sleep

if you can't do that then smoke weed and stay awake works pretty well too

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I drank like over half a bottle of Jameson last night, passed out on my office floor, woke up 3 hours later coherent and had zero hangover this morning

not sure if normal, need advice

also that's probably the last time I ever do something like that

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
The key is to wake up still drunk so that you don't feel hungover yet, and kind of ride that as long as possible and then start drinking again right before it wears off. All about the timing, and also eat food at some point. Oh and super indica heavy weeds are good.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

this dude knows whats up

its sunday, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?
A gallon of water, 2 Advil, a shot of espresso and then a 2 hour run where I puke my guts out.