Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite series
Street Fighter
Mortal Kombat
Killer Instinct
Samurai Showdown
King of Fighters
Other
View Results

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haAxGfvCitE

some nerd talking about the Commodore 64 version of SFII, which sounded like a terrible idea even before I watched it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it better than the first one? 'Cause that was bad

which reminds me of this amazing letter one of the developers sent into a video game magazine after a mediocre review, taking umbrage with the fact the reviewer compared it to SFII: Turbo unfavorably

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the gently caress is with this box art

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Barudak posted:

It launches day one on gamepass so for between $1-$10 dollars it can be yours along with a pile of other games. I am extremely excited to play this because I am super ready for some brawling.

What do you think is the worst classic fighting game port? Im leaning towards whichever home version of MvC or X-men vs Streetfighter (I think saturn) it was where you couldnt have a team of different characters because the system memory was too small.

That was Playstation with the memory limitations. Probably still outsold the Saturn version, since Sega was deep into self-destruction at the time.

As for worst port, the Gameboy Mortal Kombats are bad, but I don't think anybody expected much. The C64 and Amiga(Maybe?) ports of SFII are supposed to be loving terrible.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dell_Zincht posted:

The Amiga port of SFII wasn't too bad as you could use a joypad.

The C64 port? One fire button only, as well as looooooooooooooooooooooong loading times.

It went down as well as you'd expect.

What? :wtc: there's not many games you could play with one button during that era, let alone a fighting game

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like how they advertise the special boss right on the package, instead of it being a secret

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxqXoSoo9cw

pretty interesting video about the Fighter's History lawsuit