Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I want to say War of Realms but also Siege

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
If no one's sure then I'm going to imagine that it was a response to a letter asking why professor x didn't just win every time

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
As I understand it they were going to do fall of x sooner but waited. Maybe so Gillen could play with Sinister and we could do Arakko?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
He could do his thing and then hit a Moira reset.

Not sure why we didn't do it that way just like Sins

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
As mad as I am it's still not as bad as the time they put Romita on art for Hickman's book

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
OMD is not BND. The comparison was fine.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
The fact that some of the later stories ended up being pretty good didn't change how much the entire transition was garbage

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

nunsexmonkrock posted:

What is wrong with Billy's face?

I think the artist traced a very famous sneer

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I'm not sure how much of all that Hickman had planned, but yeah. The parallels seem so obvious when you think about them and Hickman is such a talented writer that it feels really improbable to me that he did not intend Orchis and Krakoa be seen as two fruits of the same poison tree.

This was made explicit when we found out the Omega sentinel had come back from multiple futures of mutant domination

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I like the ones where everything is Legion's fault

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Sephyr posted:

Holy poo poo, I browsed through some X-men issues of some storyline involving ghost boxes and it was just some of the the grimmest, most nihilistic thing I ever read.

Yeah, I really needed to see Cyclops commit suicide by beheading himself with his optic blasts. And Armor grief-killing an addled Beast, then cook a decrepit, wheelchair-bound Logan for 8 hours until his healing factor gave out.

They really had no loving idea what to do with these books in the 2007-2019 period, huh?

IIRC this was Warren Ellis doing his ultraviolence thing followed by various people trying their best to top X-Force.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Sephyr posted:

In which book did Kwannon and Betsy finally get separated?

Pretty sure this was done with Krakoa resurrection. So hoxpox or Fallen Angels probably.

Wiki says it was Hunt for Wolverine

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 10, 2024

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Comics do go in cycles

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I am assuming he's gone through the siege perilous before too. there's endless mcguffins

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Have we ever had a telekinetic pretending to be Magneto?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
:doh:
TBH never really felt like I understood what was going on with all that so that's probably why it sunk into the back of my mind like it did

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Alaois posted:

people talk a lot about Gail Simone's Deadpool run and forget that like 75% of that run was actually Agent X

I don't think that actually matters to anyone. Deadpool is Deadpool

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
It was definitely the coolest concept that immediately disappeared and they never did anything with

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Did they ever actually DO anything with Mysterium?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

X-O posted:

Mid to late '90s is kinda a bad time for comics in general not just X-Men if we're being honest. It's an especially rough period for Marvel storytelling wise.

I was pretty young but this seems like it would naturally follow dumb cash-grabby poo poo they were up to

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
it cannot be overstated how little of a poo poo anyone gave about Iron Man the comic book character prior to that movie

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I think Proteus was regularly burning himself out and they needed a fair bit of infrastructure, or at least storage, to keep making new eggs for him.

They also don't have the DNA databanks.

Other than that there's nothing wrong in theory with the idea of Egg continuing to do his thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Krakoa Immortal