Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I hope cowboy gets his massive payday and buys a jet powered monster truck and just drives off into the desert never to be heard from again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
What about the last three years of Conor do people think is going to give him the edge in this fight?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Shumagorath posted:

What about the last three years of Conor do people think is going to give him the edge in this fight?

Punched a guy in a bar and Cowboy drinks a lot?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I really hope they square up for a brawl, then cowboy remembers that he had 8 bajillion wins by submission before he ever knocked anyone out and just double legs him like he did brazilian cowboy.

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones
There's no way Conor behaves himself over Christmas and new year

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Shumagorath posted:

He starts incredibly fast and is dangerous from the opening bell, has one of the best straight punches in the game and Cowboy is a notoriously slow starter susceptible to straight power punches and has been stopped in four of his last six losses.

It’s as close to a gimme fight as you can get.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

It’s as close to a gimme fight as you can get.

I agree but it will be funny if he loses like Nate 1

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

SquirrelGrip posted:

I agree but it will be funny if he loses like Nate 1

It would be insanely funny if Cowboy clattered him with a headkick or hit a reactive double and turned him into a pretzel and we had to listen to four months of Conor complaining that Cowboy was bigger than him.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

It would be insanely funny if Cowboy clattered him with a headkick or hit a reactive double and turned him into a pretzel and we had to listen to four months of Conor complaining that Cowboy was bigger than him.

There is no reason to listen to Conor until he wins a fight, at least in a bar, if not in the octagon.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

Conor explaining away back to back losses by rnc

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
im glad for cowboy

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
cowboy is such a slow starter they should have him fight some rando in the locker room for five minutes

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Ariza posted:

People gatekeeping American Irish stopped being cool in the 90s.

You must be new and missed all of Marcus Davis

mewse
May 2, 2006

Lid posted:

You must be new and missed all of Marcus Davis

The irish hand grenade is DEFINITELY irish.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
cowboy by sub round 2, ya welcome

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Conor by decision after the fight gets moved to an Irish prison and takes place under oildome rules

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

old.flv posted:

cowboy is such a slow starter they should have him fight some rando in the locker room for five minutes

Go get Round 0, Say roh ne.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Conor by decision after the fight gets moved to an Irish prison and takes place under oildome rules

isnt he facing like a pair of rape allegations at this point? it may come true

he was also supposed to be murdered by irish coke dealers, so i dunno

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This fight is both cool and good. Could go either way, depends which cowboy shows up.

Goddamn McGregor has some reach though. I got asked by 2 people today.
"Who's this David ceronne guy?"
And
"Did you hear McGregor is fighting Danny Ceronne?".

Neither of them I don't think have ever watched a full card in their lives.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

BlindSite posted:

And

drat, he actually outreaches Cowboy physically, too. I always thought Cowboy was a bit of a T-rex. He's still wider than he is tall, just not in the way most athletes are.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I feel like Conor will gas earlyish and lose his power and the larger Cerrone will take a decision. It's pretty clear Conor's power doesn't translate at the higher weights.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Cerrone can easily win this if he plays unpopular, takes it to the mat and grapples him. He'll choke him out inside three.

If he stands and bangs, Conor will take it. There's enough reason to question Cerrone's chin nowadays, even if he's hardy and tough as gently caress

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nierbo posted:

I feel like Conor will gas earlyish and lose his power and the larger Cerrone will take a decision. It's pretty clear Conor's power doesn't translate at the higher weights.

He dropped nate a few times and he won his title at lw by knockout. It kinda does.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Cerrone ain't gonna take Conor down and he's gonna get wasted fast. I hate Conor but that's reality.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I hope Cerrone just poo poo talks him the whole lead up.
"last fight you had was against an old man with his back turned. Even that was a draw"

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I just want to point out that despite several UFC twitter accounts retweeting some of the Okamoto reports and stuff, as far as I can tell the fight has not actually been officially announced. (and it won't be, because it's not happening)

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

BlindSite posted:

This fight is both cool and good. Could go either way, depends which cowboy shows up.

And

Neither of them I don't think have ever watched a full card in their lives.
Most Conor fans will only ever learn who another fighter is for the purpose of sending mean tweets about using cowardly "grappling".

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Brut posted:

I just want to point out that despite several UFC twitter accounts retweeting some of the Okamoto reports and stuff, as far as I can tell the fight has not actually been officially announced. (and it won't be, because it's not happening)

Yeah I have 2019 Conor in that Diaz tier of where I can't really believe that they're actually fighting until the walkout starts.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd probably buy the PPV on replay full price if Cerrone lays McGregor out flat with a picture perfect combo like that other one

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Brut posted:

Even in the ESPN article it says they're targeting it and the fight isn't signed yet.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

brain genius nate diaz got cowboy to fight his fight for 15 minutes and beat him. I'm not so sure cowboy can avoid the siren song of stand and bang with an actual mouthy prick

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1200148727995846656

Siamang
Nov 15, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'd probably buy the PPV on replay full price if Cerrone lays McGregor out flat with a picture perfect combo like that other one

Always fun to rewatch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TYIRMju4Es&t=196s

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

BlindSite posted:

He dropped nate a few times and he won his title at lw by knockout. It kinda does.

Diaz and Alvarez have made careers out of getting dropped at the beginning of fights. Like even Marcus Davis dropped Nate before he was turned into an alien.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

MysteryNad posted:

Diaz and Alvarez have made careers out of getting dropped at the beginning of fights. Like even Marcus Davis dropped Nate before he was turned into an alien.

Ben Henderson dropped him too.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Dustin just fought for title at 155 and he said conor was the hardest hitter he's ever faced by far.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Conor also goes to the body a lot and we know how cerrone feels about that

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Dangersim posted:

Dustin just fought for title at 155 and he said conor was the hardest hitter he's ever faced by far.

I don't blame him for not remembering the Michael Johnson fight.

Man, Johnson really is the Dennis Hallman of lightweight: completely mediocre career but genuine wins over T-Ferg and Poirier.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I just want to see a fun fight and for Cowboy to get that Conor pay bump so that he can comfortably retire while he can still form words which won't happen but it's nice to think about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Conor coming back is great if only for it leading to this

https://twitter.com/andremfneazy/status/1200477523206754304?s=21