Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I ahlf expected the Christmas episode to end with Beard coming back, looking like he just left Burning Man and saying "so you know that Pagan festival, turns out its a marriage ceremony, and its legal in England, so..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Scott Forstall posted:

If Apple didn’t break up ep 1-3 into three separate weeks, I don’t think we’d have this general (and yes, totally predictable) malaise at this point.

I do hold faith that the screeners who have seen most/all of the season say it’s better than s1, so I’ll be there the whole way. I just won’t recommend it to a friend to watch it until it’s done if they haven’t started yet.

I think Amazon found the sweet spot with The Expanse release. First 3 episodes at once, then weekly afterwards. I also agree that the Christmas episode could have been dropped as a Christmas Special, at Christmas, but part of me thinks something will happen later on that makes it not fit in chronologically (hopefully not the departure of a character or a break up or anything like that).

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I lost it at "How's Mrs. Beard?"
"She's full QAnon"

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I love Always Sunny In Philidelphia, so I'm pretty excited to start watching Mythic Quest. How often do you have to turn off that part of your brain that says "that's not how videogames work" ?

I would say that while the technical aspect may be off (I don't know anything about coding or app/game development) it does nail the current climate in terms of relying on streamers and influencers to make the game popular as well as the various methods of monetization they discuss/employ.

Edit: Wouldn't be surprised if Brad was a toned down version of a guy at every game company.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

frogbs posted:

I just had a terrible idea. They should reboot House M.D. but with Roy’s actor as House. It could work, if his American accent is bad enough.

"I think its lupus."

"gently caress no!"

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I also really liked, although I thought at one point the whole night was going to be a hallucination/concussion dream where at the very end someone like Roy or Nate would keep saying "Beard, Beard, you dropped your keys, snap out of it" and he would still be in the locker room, having gone through the emotional journey in his head. It wasn't until the three guys went onto the pitch that I realized that the whole night was real.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Where does Bob's Burgers fall on this scale?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

34 / 33 / 36 / 30 / 38 / 35 / 35 / 45 / 43

It’s only the last 2 episodes that have run particularly long. Personally, I love this whole streaming ideology of letting the episode run the length to tell the story. Cutting to 22/44 has always sucked for the viewer.

E: just to note that not a single episode in s1 ran under 30, and this Friday’s episode runs 46 which makes me happy. There’s a clip of it on the Kimmel interview with Hannah and it looks to be a great storyline progression from that.

Hard agree. I would rather the story dictate the time than ad breaks and TV scheduling.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Can we please change the thtead title to "gently caress you Piers Morgan"

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

One thing you know is going to happen is that the palyers, coaches, everyone will be loving go all out at the West Ham game. They could lose every game, but beating them will be everything. I also expect Trent Crimm to pivot into something like podcasting and driving a ton of people to Richmond. Also, giving even odds on Roy straight up murdering Nate next year. The chaser is Beard stopping him only to do it himself.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

If anyone is a college football fan this is a perfect summation. I called who Nate was immediately and the Coach Beard comparison is spot on.

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1447996253279825924?t=vV92A1xUibyheJPp0kYlWw&s=19

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

DurosKlav posted:

I'm sure Nate is great when it comes to strategy but he obviously lacks any sort of interpersonal skills. He's not too far removed from the guy who couldnt get a table for his parents at a restaurant. I'm going to bet he decides to run his team like its the military to be completely opposite of how Ted does it. Which might work if the team was some low level or some high school team but its not going to fly at that kind of level and he lacks the personality to make it even slightly work. You cant go into the bathroom and spit at the mirror every time a player has an issue with how you're doing things. There will probably be a player revolt at some point mid season which results in Nate getting sacked.

I think its like when a really good college coach goes to the NFL. In college you can basically be a dictator with the players but in the NFL there is a CBA which prevents that, players actually have rights and dont have to do poo poo like running laps if they are late or something. You see it a lot with even the best college coaches like Saban, Spurrier, and even real time right now with Urban Meyer. Ted earns the respect of the players. I am reminded of the very first episode and his interaction with Roy and afterwards "you think he's pissed now, just wait until we win him over" or something along those lines. Nate won't try to win players over, he is just going to try and be the dictator coach which at the professional level is always a failure.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Someone didn't see movie of the year Tomorrow War.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

pokeyman posted:

He did? I don't remember that.

He said that he wasn't fired because Ted blabbed, so probably Trent told his editor he told Ted and then got fired.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

He def runs an anti-Nate agenda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

Sad, but ending things on your own term is the dream. It should be a great season for sure.

Especially if we get a Coach Beard spinoff....