Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
If you paid $5000 to see Blink 182 on an Island then you don’t deserve your money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=43&feature=emb_title&v=0Dpk2Hg-19Y

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

NtotheTC posted:

"what's my age again?"

Like 50 at this point dude, way too old to be on stage with someone called "lil" wayne

He sounds like he wants to kill himself.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Tom Delonge quit to go hunt UFOs, and honestly that was probably a better use of his time.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I think Blink 182 always sucked rear end but most were had by slick marketing and image, most of my friends included.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

ilmucche posted:

Days of thunder is just top gun but palette swapped and without all the male romance undertones.

Redline is the worst racing movie. Should've known because it's anime.

Redline owns.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Racing anime probably has a better track record (heh) than live action.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Theophany posted:

Actually, Talladega Nights is a legit good and accurate film on motor racing. NASCAR is a loving farce.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Mike Thackwell testing an FW09 at Daytona in 1984. Must have been pretty crazy in a open wheel car.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Custard Undies posted:

Serious question.

Who do you guys give Rookie of the year to?

I’d have a hard time between Albon and Norris.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
All the rookies are pretty decent though - this is the best rookie class in years.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Russell is thrashing Kubica but a part of me thinks that Robert just doesn’t have it anymore. Not to take away anything from Russell.

I’ve always felt that Giovinazzi had decent raw pace but he’s Italian so he’s accident prone and is kinda boneheaded wheel to wheel.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Honda committed beyond 2020.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/...culation&nrt=54

This guy is unbelievable.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Rosberg II is a decent champion. I’d honestly put him above Damon Hill, Scheckter, Villeneuve, and Button.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Tsaedje posted:

The worst in my lifetime is definitely Villeneuve. Kimi didn't deserve to win in 2007 and was a pretty lovely reigning champ but I'll concede he had performances earlier in his career that mean I don't mind him having a championship, I just don't think it should have been that one. Rosberg had to risk everything including his family and rely on things falling apart for Lewis and just scraped across the line. Then he ran away.

Jenson Button is a well deserved champion who won a fairytale championship and prevented ultimate fraud Sebastian Vettel from having one more undeserved title to his name.

Button was pretty consistently good (if not quite great) before and after his championship and certainly deserved it. While no champion is outright bad Villeneuve comes really close - at least Hill won a race again. I hate to say it but both Hill and Villeneuve probably owe their championships more to Newey, one of the best ever being stuck in an absolute shitbox for two years, and the mid to late 90s F1 field being pretty bad or old.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It’s not true. He’s obviously not on his father’s level but Keke is from the era that had much tougher competition.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
He worked harder than Hamilton in the 2015-2016 offseason and it showed. He’s not anywhere near Hamilton’s level in natural skill but his hard work paid off.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

the kentucky quid posted:

Hamilton ate poo poo on so many starts at the beginning of the season and repeatedly was asked by pundits if he needed to work on his starts to which he steadfastly replied "No."

Then you fast forward to Japan, Rosberg outqualifies him and it rains the morning before the race but the pole side of the grid dries out and Hamilton is left looking at his damp 2nd grid spot like a dumbass in the buildup to the race. iirc he was 10th by the first corner. He lost that championship simply because he didn't put the work in. Its that simple.

I was at that race...he blew it.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Villeneuve is really, really bad for a WDC. His post WDC career is embarrassing.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Farcerrari.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Stoffel Vandoorne says the McLaren team was built around Fernando Alonso.
Despite much fanfare after his junior career, Belgian Vandoorne struggled as Alonso's teammate with both Honda and Renault power.
He is now a works Mercedes driver in Formula E, and he got his new season off to a good start with podium finishes at the Saudi Arabia opener.
Vandoorne, 27, told Sport Voetbalmagazine that Formula 1 is a "fake world in which everyone defends their own interests".
As for Alonso, he added: "I never had any problems with him, but he always got what he wanted.
"There were always two, three well-placed people in the team who made sure everything went the way Fernando wanted it to be.
"The team gave him all the support and power," Vandoorne continued. "Any driver would have benefited from extra equipment to perform better than his teammate."
Despite that, and his premature departure from F1, Vandoorne insists he performed well next to Alonso.
"On paper I never finished ahead of him, but of all the teammates I came the closest.
"McLaren never told me not to finish in front of him, but they asked me in the race to let him pass. They almost always did that," he charged.
So while F1 is a "fake" and selfish world, Vandoorne says there is life outside of the paddock.
"In Formula E, Le Mans or WEC you will find pure racing at the moment. You come here to race, not to do politics.
"Formula 1 remains the largest championship, but Formula E is just below that," the Belgian added.
"It's the future. That's why you see more and more car manufacturers."

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The guy had one good race his entire F1 career. Stoffel “4th place in Super Formula” Vandoorne.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It’s largely forgotten now but he began to trash Honda towards the end of 2017. Then proceeded to do even worse in 2018.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Renault has been extremely disappointing this year. What a loving farce.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I hope paying Ricciardo 69 Billion dollars was worth it you Gallic morons.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Frond Team Rankings;

Mercedes-Benz
Red Bull
Ferrari
McLaren
Toro Rosso
Force India
Alfa-Romeo Sauber
Haas
Renault
Williams

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Perez put in some great performances this year so it elevated them. McLaren made huge strides, Toro Rosso was extremely impressive but McLaren was more consistent so it gave them the edge.

I really debated putting Renault last, but the Williams is atrocious and Kubica was really anonymous all year.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It’s mind boggling how lovely Renault is. I’m also blaming the drivers - Ricciardo wasn’t always able to get the better of Hulkenberg (who himself looked like he gave up during the second part of the season).

It’s going to sound harsh but I don’t think DR is a championship level talent. Certainly not somebody you can build a team around. He’s not worth his salary.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The FW42 is at the very least reliable.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It’s true.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I’ve been here in one form or another since 2010.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
So the 2020 Pirellis were a disaster and they may just use the 2019 tire next year instead.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
DAMS signed Gelael and Ticktum for next season. Lame.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Wirth1000 posted:

A bucket of KFC and a sociopath.

DAMS won the CC so this choice of bad F2 pay driver (he came second...once) and guy that got sacked because he couldn’t cut it in Super Formula is baffling.

What a bad lineup.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Wirth1000 posted:

Fantastic company. Just amazing. Hey guess what 90% of the cars issues stem from?

The loving tires.

JUST LET MICHELIN DO IT. GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT!

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I now also remember Tristan Charpentier....the Super Formula driver who’s career lasted a single race (which ended in a crash) before being fired and replaced by his driver coach.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Why/How does Lowtax have like 6 estranged wives and children from those wives.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I like Corbyn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The Canadian Liberal Party is basically what the Lib Dem rule would be like. Do you really want this?