Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

It is sad to see him go, but then again he was considered pretty much dead almost 10 years ago by his doctor. An extra 9 or so years isn't bad.

I loved his autobiographies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Khablam posted:

I literally pity any idiot who doesn't have a Samsonite.

I have a samsonite but they aren’t what they used to be

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

You Am I posted:

It is sad to see him go, but then again he was considered pretty much dead almost 10 years ago by his doctor. An extra 9 or so years isn't bad.

Honestly, there are worse ways to go if you've a heavy drinker and smoker.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I have a samsonite but they aren’t what they used to be

are the wheels filled with nitrogen tho

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

lol

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Latifi got his money together it seems.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ZAK STOP

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/1200006564406534144

LET SOMEBODY ELSE HAVE SOME SPONSORS

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
maybe they can use that technology to not be so poo poo

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

quote:

Automation Anywhere is a global leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA), empowering customers to automate end-to-end business processes with software bots – digital workers that perform repetitive and manual tasks, resulting in dramatic productivity gains, improved customer experience and more engaged employees. The company offers the world’s only web-based and cloud native intelligent automation platform combining RPA, artificial intelligence, machine learning and analytics right out of the box, to help organizations rapidly start and scale their process automation journey.

I can't read through the Silicon-Vallenese, can somebody please translate?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Two good, hardworking, well-meaning lads who came from humble backgrounds from God's own country of Canada on the grid next year. Can't wait to see Are Nicholas piss and poo poo all over noted fail Brit rich kid who has had all his successes handed to him on a gilded plate by Daddy Megabucks George Russell in next year's amazing Williams Grand Prix car.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

track day bro! posted:

are the wheels filled with nitrogen tho

No bc I’m not a race car driver

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

No bc I’m not a race car driver

actually its essential my massive lardarse german perfornance sedan have nitrogen in the tyres while im sitting in traffic on the m69 to shittinghamshire

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

actually its essential my massive lardarse german perfornance sedan have nitrogen in the tyres while im sitting in traffic on the m69 to shittinghamshire

This, but sincerely.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

track day bro! posted:

This is me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HazWCa3huMY

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Poor Valteri. This is very dignified.
https://twitter.com/ValtteriBottas/status/1199999133773369348?s=20

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Valtteri, this is James

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Are Mercedes doing team orders on their drivers' SOs now?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Well he said he had a plan to beat Lewis

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

so Valteri has to do the whole "sleeping in another room with no distractions" to try and beat Lewis next year and his wife correctly told him where to go. If only Rosberg's wife had this amount of self respect we'd probably have been spared several terrible heiniken adverts and youtube videos. not to mention the worst WDC of the last 40 years.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

so Valteri has to do the whole "sleeping in another room with no distractions" to try and beat Lewis next year and his wife correctly told him where to go. If only Rosberg's wife had this amount of self respect we'd probably have been spared several terrible heiniken adverts and youtube videos. not to mention the worst WDC of the last 40 years.

What does this have to do with Villeneuve?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Big Huski Boi posted:

What does this have to do with Villeneuve?

Please understand that when I say "worst of the last 40 years" I am fully aware that this list includes Vettel and Villeneurve- and I am still very much stating that Rosberg (Nico) is the worst.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

Please understand that when I say "worst of the last 40 years" I am fully aware that this list includes Vettel and Villeneurve- and I am still very much stating that Rosberg is the worst.

That's hosed up man

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

NtotheTC posted:

Please understand that when I say "worst of the last 40 years" I am fully aware that this list includes Vettel and Villeneurve- and I am still very much stating that Rosberg (Nico) is the worst.

Before this season I would've defended vettel and said that he's a good lad that means well and less of a fraud than poois 'get in there lewis' shamilton. but now i can't say theres anything wrong with your post ok buy

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Homewrecker Lewis Hamilton

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Rosberg II is a decent champion. I’d honestly put him above Damon Hill, Scheckter, Villeneuve, and Button.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Frond posted:

Rosberg II is a decent champion. I’d honestly put him above Damon Hill, Scheckter, Villeneuve, and Button.

Button is one thousand times better than Nico

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I can't remember a single memorable thing he did in his wdc season, was that the one where they both crashed into eachother at catalunya.

I do remember him on the radio every five seconds asking how he should drive the car

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

NtotheTC posted:

Counterpoint: Damon Hill.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The worst in my lifetime is definitely Villeneuve. Kimi didn't deserve to win in 2007 and was a pretty lovely reigning champ but I'll concede he had performances earlier in his career that mean I don't mind him having a championship, I just don't think it should have been that one. Rosberg had to risk everything including his family and rely on things falling apart for Lewis and just scraped across the line. Then he ran away.

Jenson Button is a well deserved champion who won a fairytale championship and prevented ultimate fraud Sebastian Vettel from having one more undeserved title to his name.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

Please all remember this post when you're wondering whether me or NtotheTC are the better opinion havers, this is how broken this man's brain is.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Big Huski Boi posted:

Button is one thousand times better than Nico

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Kimi is one of the best drivers of this generation who never won a title in his prime because McLaren sucked too much. He lucked into a title he deserved at Ferrari then immediately quit trying. Please stop saying bad things about my friend Kimi.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Big Huski Boi posted:

Kimi is one of the best drivers of this generation who never won a title in his prime because McLaren sucked too much. He lucked into a title he deserved at Ferrari then immediately quit trying. Please stop saying bad things about my friend Kimi.

I don't disagree with anything you've said here, other than him being part of 'this generation'

Carbonate
Aug 3, 2005
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

You Am I posted:

Everyone needs to go and watch his early 80's F1 season reviews. He was so good at them.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Tsaedje posted:

The worst in my lifetime is definitely Villeneuve. Kimi didn't deserve to win in 2007 and was a pretty lovely reigning champ but I'll concede he had performances earlier in his career that mean I don't mind him having a championship, I just don't think it should have been that one. Rosberg had to risk everything including his family and rely on things falling apart for Lewis and just scraped across the line. Then he ran away.

Jenson Button is a well deserved champion who won a fairytale championship and prevented ultimate fraud Sebastian Vettel from having one more undeserved title to his name.

Button was pretty consistently good (if not quite great) before and after his championship and certainly deserved it. While no champion is outright bad Villeneuve comes really close - at least Hill won a race again. I hate to say it but both Hill and Villeneuve probably owe their championships more to Newey, one of the best ever being stuck in an absolute shitbox for two years, and the mid to late 90s F1 field being pretty bad or old.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

I don't disagree with anything you've said here, other than him being part of 'this generation'

Fair enough, should be "his generation"

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Frond posted:

Button was pretty consistently good (if not quite great) before and after his championship and certainly deserved it. While no champion is outright bad Villeneuve comes really close - at least Hill won a race again. I hate to say it but both Hill and Villeneuve probably owe their championships more to Newey, one of the best ever being stuck in an absolute shitbox for two years, and the mid to late 90s F1 field being pretty bad or old.
Button was very good, incredibly consistent and always seemed to work out the limitations of a car and drive with them - e.g. in 2011 he adapted to the Pirelli tyres faster than nearly anyone, beating Lewis in the same car by 40+ points. He'd probably be a 3x WDC if his luck with picking his rides had been a little better.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Khablam posted:

Please all remember this post when you're wondering whether me or NtotheTC are the better opinion havers

Agreed please do this

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

NtotheTC posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Jenson Button was good, I honestly don't understand the level of window licking retardation it takes to think that is a controversial statement.