Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Stuff that young you would have rolled your eyes at your parents buying or being excited about, but now that you're an adult it's the poo poo. I'm curious about what cool stuff is out there that I should know about.

Share your cool household gadgets here!

Here's some examples.
Stainless steel garlic soap bar. Chopping garlic means your hands smell like it for the rest of the day. Wash your hands with a stainless steel bar and the smell is gone. It's science, somehow.

Mr clean magic eraser (melamine sponges). This poo poo just wipes away everything you rub it on. Also it burns if you rub it on yourself.

Drill scrubbers! Great for power scrubbing your shower tile or going to town on your stainless steel cookware with some bar keepers friend.

Bonus item: life pro tip hall of famer Charmin flushable wipes. You know why you need this and you sicken me.

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
praise be to the holy instant pot

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
As someone who drinks a shitton of tea electric kettles are pretty rad :shrug:

Dutch ovens are great and super versatile. I mean you can use then to make soup and bake bread in (not at the same time though)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It's against forums rules to post my hog

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
gotta have a toilet brush. people gonna judge you if you don't have a toilet brush

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

yeah my cast iron cookware is what I use to cook everything with 95% of the time and also my only line of home self-defense. it's a solid MVP multitasker.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

If you don't have foaming hand soap are you even an adult

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I have sweet bong

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I've got a Zojirushi water boiler that I love and use all the time.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
why wouldn't you want your hands to smell like delicious fresh garlic

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Every kitchen needs some sort of knife sharpener. If your friends and family don't have a means of keeping their knives sharp that's an A+ gift idea right tere

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

lol if you posted:

gotta have a toilet brush. people gonna judge you if you don't have a toilet brush

I'd say it goes without saying but I read the bachelor threads.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

A suction cup overflow drain cover for the bathtub. I hate that I can only fill my bath 3/4 full because the overflow is so low. Snap a little cover over it and now we can fill it to the brim.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Richard M Nixon posted:

A suction cup overflow drain cover for the bathtub. I hate that I can only fill my bath 3/4 full because the overflow is so low. Snap a little cover over it and now we can fill it to the brim.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I just got the eufy BoostIQ 11S robot vac. I've been wanting one for a long time but my floor was so messy and I wasn't about to drop $500+ on an iRobot. This was $220 so I said gently caress it and it motivated me to clean everything up from my living room and kitchen floors. It works great. It's "dumb" but it's crazy how good of a job it does. It just bumps into walls and objects and goes in weird patterns and I never thought it'd get the whole floor but it got everything. I never think it will and I don't know how but it has always managed to find it's way home to the charger. Again just bumping around until it finds it. It picks up a ton of dirt too. The first time I ran it I had to empty the tiny reservoir 4 times, albeit my floor was pretty dirty.

It got into 2 places where I was sure it'd get stuck in but I just sat and watched while it did this to get out in about 10 seconds.

I love it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005EPRFKO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have two of these, one for coffee and one for grinding spices.

Just Works, coils its own cord so it's not clutter on the counter, and is easy to wash.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
a really high quality chefs knife

chop food with it

show off by slicing pieces of paper razor thin

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I just got the eufy BoostIQ 11S robot vac. I've been wanting one for a long time but my floor was so messy and I wasn't about to drop $500+ on an iRobot. This was $220 so I said gently caress it and it motivated me to clean everything up from my living room and kitchen floors. It works great. It's "dumb" but it's crazy how good of a job it does. It just bumps into walls and objects and goes in weird patterns and I never thought it'd get the whole floor but it got everything. I never think it will and I don't know how but it has always managed to find it's way home to the charger. Again just bumping around until it finds it. It picks up a ton of dirt too. The first time I ran it I had to empty the tiny reservoir 4 times, albeit my floor was pretty dirty.

It got into 2 places where I was sure it'd get stuck in but I just sat and watched while it did this to get out in about 10 seconds.

I love it.

I have the neato d7 and it's incredible. Runs every day and gets pretty much all the dust, dirt, and animal hair. I've only had it get actually wedged maybe 2-3 times in the past two years. I have a series of bar stools next to each other and it navigates underneath them just fine. The only big thing is remembering to pick poo poo up off the floor. It loves eating socks, phone charging cables, and blankets that have fallen down.

It also will run through dog poo poo on the floor. This is rare but once was enough.

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"Makes a great gift" is on my sales tables 3 times actually

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
One more, I collected and drilled the shell chips

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Electric kettle is top-tier. SAlad spinner is super convenient if you eat a lot of leafy greens. Powerful Hand vac (eg, dyson ) is nice for ease of carrying around the house. Nice bathrobe & slippers is great for those sick/lazy days. Can’t go wrong with a double sided dildo, either.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

sweet thursday posted:

If you don't have foaming hand soap are you even an adult

I use Dr bronners soap for all my soap needs, other than dish soap. All soap dispensers are Dr bronners.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I’ve got a little device called a refrigerator. It’s pretty nifty. Keeps my food cold. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Garlic press, French press, garlic and coffee love compression. :chef:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Smythe posted:

I use Dr bronners soap for all my soap needs, other than dish soap. All soap dispensers are Dr bronners.

peppermint ball tingle crew

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Richard M Nixon posted:

I have the neato d7 and it's incredible. Runs every day and gets pretty much all the dust, dirt, and animal hair. I've only had it get actually wedged maybe 2-3 times in the past two years. I have a series of bar stools next to each other and it navigates underneath them just fine. The only big thing is remembering to pick poo poo up off the floor. It loves eating socks, phone charging cables, and blankets that have fallen down.

It also will run through dog poo poo on the floor. This is rare but once was enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjRWHmvYTbM

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I got one of them top tier roomba's
It's pretty baller.

Uh, a big rear end riding John Deer mower that does all kinds of poo poo. That's pretty handy.

<<<<<whoa holy poo poo I'm anime powered

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Kuato posted:

I’ve got a little device called a refrigerator. It’s pretty nifty. Keeps my food cold. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

Alright Mr. Moneybags. :jerkbag:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Garlic press, French press, garlic and coffee love compression. :chef:

I used a French press for a while but switched to a Clever Coffee Dripper. Too much debris in the press. I love this thing. Put filter in, coffee, water, wait four minutes, set on top of mug and let it drain.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I used a French press for a while but switched to a Clever Coffee Dripper. Too much debris in the press. I love this thing. Put filter in, coffee, water, wait four minutes, set on top of mug and let it drain.

Looks like some sort of feminine hygiene product. :thunkher:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Get it. Do it. It's simple as gently caress and it owns.

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005
https://www.homedepot.com/p/C-H-Hanson-Magnetic-Stud-Finder-03040/202563186

Stud finders are finicky no matter how much you spend on one, but this fucker, which is literally just a couple of magnets gives you zero false positives and is often quicker than electric. Plus, you never have to worry about batteries.

This thing is super cheap and any home handy man or even a professional will appreciate it. I haven't used my electric stud finder in years.

poo poo, even my wife who has been scared to death of making holes in the wall uses it.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Smythe posted:

Does this doctorate in soapology come with advanced knowledge on foamability directly out of the dispenser?

I'm a busy man I don't have time to create my own lather

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

sweet thursday posted:

Does this doctorate in soapology come with advanced knowledge on foamability directly out of the dispenser?

I'm a busy man I don't have time to create my own lather

add 1 part dr bronners, 3 parts water into a foaming dispenser.

Congrats, now you have the best foam soap of all time.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
bottle opener

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Chinatown posted:

add 1 part dr bronners, 3 parts water into a foaming dispenser.

Congrats, now you have the best foam soap of all time.

see these are the practical skills I never learned in bullshit philosophy

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Who even throws a house party without an almond Dr. Bronners dispenser in the bathroom?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Going to get on the Bronn. Thinking peppermint, I like to tingle

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Who are the stone age goons bewildered by the existence of a electric kettle? Is this another luddite American thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Outrail posted:

Who are the stone age goons bewildered by the existence of a electric kettle? Is this another luddite American thing?

I don't recall anyone saying that.

An electric kettle heats up water. You use that hot water in your coffee device of choice.