Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Hey guys. My poor laptop seems to be on its last legs, so it's that time again. However, instead of buying a pre-made computer, I figured I'd make it myself, to come up with something more powerful and cheaper than what I could normally get.

Country to buy: U.S.
For what reason?: Video editing. Mainly for to make some professional-ish looking youtube videos. I figure I'll primarily be doing 1080p vids, but I feel I should have something that can comfortably handle 4k since it seems everyone's doing it now.
Budget: up to and no higher than $1000.
Professional Software: Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, the rest of the adobe suite and Audacity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Klyith posted:

A very nice MATX video-editing machine: PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($166.89 @ Walmart)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($123.64 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($119.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Inland Premium 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($134.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB Twin Fan Video Card ($159.99 @ B&H)
Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($85.99 @ Walmart)
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($109.98 @ Amazon)
Total: $931.46
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-07 22:29 EDT-0400

thanks, friendo! got some questions

quote:

• sound card if you need to capture analog audio

wait, would i need this to record audio on audacity?

quote:

• You said nothing about video games. This build can do some games, the 1650 Super is competent for basic gaming like overwatch or whatnot. If you play zero games whatsoever, you could drop to a geforce 1030 and save $70.
• 32gb of ram might be overkill? Not sure what the app load is.

- yeah, this is not intended for gaming whatsoever, so that doesn't matter. i want it optimized solely for editing/content creation.
- yeah, i was wondering if 32 GB might be too much for my needs? i was figuring i could deal with 16 gb for a while and upgrade to 32 if necessary.

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 8, 2020

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Klyith posted:

The mobo has an integrated sound chip. It's only important if you're recording from strictly analog sources, like an analog mic (not a usb mic) or connecting some other analog line-in thing. If all your sound is digital sources it doesn't matter.

Basically, the sound chips integrated into most mobos are kinda crap. For listening output they are generally good enough, but their analog input quality is often real poor. I can easily notice a difference in recorded sound quality between my mobo's and my real sound card. But maybe you don't even use an analog mic, usb mics are ubiquitous these days.

Looking at some stuff, it seems like Premiere does use GPU acceleration. It can do accelerated encoding with NVENC (using the GPU to encode the output) and for some effects. That second link is all about workstations for high-end professional stuff, I doubt you need a fancy GPU. But a 1030 doesn't have the NVENC acceleration and the 1650 Super does. This isn't an area I know a lot about, you might want to get 2nd opinions from someone who knows more about Premiere.

Going with 16gb to start would be fine.

cool beans.

oh another question. the power supply you recommended is a bronze. is it wise to go with that? the op says they're not really reliable.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Klyith posted:

The metal rating on a power supply doesn't really say anything about quality, only power efficiency. It is possible to make a very reliable bronze unit. It's also possible (though not common) to make a crap gold one. The CX non-modular is a very good bronze, and before the pandemic was my general pick for best budget PSU.

OTOH I now see the price on it in my PCPP quote was $109, which is totally stupid. I think between when I added it and when I copies the build list it went out of stock at the normal price, which is $65 (and was $50 before the pandemic crunch). Don't buy it for that much money.

If you're ready to buy right now newegg has the CX-M 450 in stock. (The M is not quite as good as the non-M, but it's still ok.) Otherwise check back on wednesday and thursday for stock of other decent budget options. PSUs are a bitch right now.

oh interesting. do they generally restock by wednesday or thursday? i plan on keeping this computer for a long time (well obviously), so i don't mind spending a bit more if i have to for safety, durability and longevity.

also, a question about the case. really nice looking one, but it seems it's a small size. is that going to be an issue?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

oh sorry, just for clarification. this says it comes with a cooler already? do i still need to buy a separate one?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Some Goon posted:

The stock cooler isn't exactly quiet, but an aftermarket cooler isn't strictly necessary.

Klyith posted:

If you're ok spending more, the corsair RM650 is in stock now for $115 and has a 10 year warranty. 650 watts is way more than you need but that doesn't hurt anything. That's a great PSU that will likely outlast the rest of the PC, so if you upgrade in 6-7 years you can keep right on using it.

The case is a mATX case (which goes with the mATX mobo I pointed out). mATX is generally totally adequate for normal PC users, most people only put 1 GPU and 1-2 hard drives in their PC. It does lock you into mATX motherboards in the future, which tend to target the budget side. But if you're not a gamer there's no reason for you to ever buy fancy-pants $250 motherboards.

Ryzens come with a cooler, but it's small and pretty noisy. It's functional for keeping the cpu cool, but an inexpensive tower heatsink will do so quietly and is super worth for QOL.

If you skim back through the thread you can find lots of goons who built with the OEM heatsink and then came back to the thread and said they couldn't deal with it. If you're hard of hearing or otherwise 100% don't care about sound, you can skip it.

okay great, thanks.

now possibly the last and possibly lame question i have, do any of the components you recommended have any of those cool little lights flashing/glowing inside? it's a small thing, but i like how those things look and would like them included if possible :unsmith:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Klyith posted:

Uh, no, the case I linked doesn't have a window and the components emphasize blinkenlights.

Change your case to the CoolerMaster Q300L and the CPU cooler to the Deepcool Gammax 400, for a windowed case with everything lit blue.

RGB stuff that can be programmed to do flashy color patterns is also possible but adds $10-20 to everything you put it on. Also there are like two different types that aren't compatible, so the best way to do it is research everything or buy a complete set of one brand (like switch to an Asus motherboard and get all "Asus Aura" stuff).

oh my bad. i guess i thought it was clear cause they took off the side panel, haha.

oh and that GPU that you recommended? it's only 4 GB. is that going to be enough to do 4k stuff? i hear you need at least 6 gb of VRAM for that. and also, if i do get the 4 GB version, will there be any bottlenecking problems with the ryzen cpu?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

hey, so my plans have unfortunately changed quite a bit. i came into the possession of a core i5 6500, and well, it's pretty much mine and can't do anything about it at this point. so my next question is, what is a good GPU to go along with it that won't be a bottleneck?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Some Goon posted:

Budget and resolution?

max $200 and i guess max 1080p (i don't think the 6500 will be able to do 4k very well)

edit: oh and to be clear, this is for video editing on premiere pro. no gaming.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Some Goon posted:

Puget doesn't benchmark in that price range, but a 1660 is about all that would be available. A 1660Super for 220-230 is probably the better choice, but again no direct benchmarks. The 4c/4t CPU is going to be the killer there though, video editing likes threads and it just doesn't provide, especially not at the speeds of the non-K 6500. I can't say how much a video card can help with that, the tech press doesn't cover it and I don't do any video editing myself.

Klyith posted:

"video editing" is extremely variable and you've been pretty blank on what type of video you make. that said, 2 good options:

A) 1650 Super or 1660 Super w/ 4gb vram, you get nvenc2 encoding which means rendering out your videos will go quickly despite the slower 4-core CPU. It has to be the Super version though, as older 1600s only had nvenc1 which isn't as good.

B) 5500XT w/ 8gb vram, for video projects that are very complex with lots of layers and mattes and greenscreens and effects and whizbangs in 4k. More vram is important when you're blending 6 different 4k frames together or something.

If your video editing is cutting and uploading simple vids to youtube and the goal is throughput to feed The Algorithm, choose A. The 1650S will probably be fine really, if you aren't doing GPU-based effects you don't need much GPU power.

If your video editing is trying to be amateur ILM and produce cool shorts like the Corridor Digital guys, choose B. The 5500XT doesn't have the grunt that a more expensive GPU has but it'll at least load and seek fast. Rendering out will take some hours but it took you weeks to make so that's fine.

thanks.looks like this cpu may be more of problem than i thought D:

and sorry, to further clarify since i haven't specified what kind of editing i'm doing. so right off the bat, definitely nothing professional or even intermediate i think. i do want to make youtube videos, but pretty basic stuff. things that you could do with windows movie maker, but in a much more speedy, less cumbersome fashion. think of the editing for a typical IGN video game review. i think that would be the bulk of my work. and i'm not that much of a stickler on high end graphics, so i personally would be fine doing my videos even if 720p if resolution is going to be a big problem.

that being said, one of the main reasons i wanted to build a new PC was so that i could actually practice and learn more with premiere (as well as Photoshop and after effects). i don't plan on doing anything crazy any time soon, but i do want to learn many of the bells and whistles as much as i can.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Klyith posted:

You'll be fine with the 1650 Super my man. And that's not like, just because you're learning you don't need something good -- though it is true that when learning you will tend to focus on one feature at a time. But a 1650 S is a pretty drat good video card. It's as good as a 970, which would have been a semi-pro video editing GPU not too many years ago. The 1650 is only low power by the standard of video games, and video games are not a great comparison to anything else. Games go out looking for ways to consume more power.

Save a bit of money on the GPU so you can get a decent 1TB SSD, because that will have more impact on your system feel than the video card.

sweet! so i did a bit of digging and apparently there's a single fan version and a dual fan version. is one better than the other?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

welp, guys. good news is my new PC is pretty much set. runs buttery smooth and lightning quick so far. however, there's one final piece of the puzzle that needs to be taken care of: my monitor.

unfortunately, the one i have is a mere 720p, which i've learned makes it quite difficult viewing things in premiere, and after effects. so now i need suggestions for a good full HD monitor. also, i sit like 4 to 5 feet away from it (i don't have a desk and it's just the way my room is set up), so keep that detail in mind.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

demostars posted:

On the Lenovo outlet there's a PC with a Coffee Lake i5 + a GTX 1650 that seems like the best deal near his budget. It lacks 16GB of RAM, but you should be able to add another DIMM easily and beat out an equivalent refurbished prebuilt + GTX 1650 + SSD from the Dell Outlet.

For reference, though, this is what you get from a custom-built PC (whenever you can find a reasonably priced B450 motherboard) for about the same price after upgrading the RAM in the pre-built. Hyperthreading will generally make the Ryzen better than the i5 in newer games and the Super variant of the 1650 is much more powerful, but the Lenovo is still plenty enough for 60 fps in Dead by Daylight so long as they aren't cranking everything up in the options menu.

GODDAMN IT

you HAD to post this like a week or so after i already bought my PC, didn't you? :argh:

the PC you linked is quite a bit superior to the one i have now. for reference:

CPU: i5 6500 quadcore 3.2 Ghz
GPU: intel HD graphics 530
RAM: 16 GB @ 2133 mhz
SSD: 250 GB

this was for $100 cheaper. the only area where mine is superior is in the total amount of RAM, but i could have just upgraded if i got the other one. this one won't even let me upgrade the GPU unless i get a brand new power supply along with it (it's only 200 Watts) :smith:

granted, at least for now, the computer is running premiere, after effects and photoshop, plus 30 open tabs on opera without any issues, and compared to my old laptop, it's like greased lightning, so it's not like it's TERRIBLE, per se, but i hate missing out on good deals. :(

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

double nine posted:

I'm sure there's a billion things wrong with this so comment away, how is this build? the whole compare/contrast components is exhausting.

i'm not nearly as smart/informed/knowledgeable as some people in this thread, but from my amateur perspective, that looks like a pretty solid build to me. also, i noticed you're including a brand new monitor as well, which makes the price of the PC even better.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

threeagainstfour posted:

This seems a little on the high side given the cooler and case I am using. My old CPU, an i5 6500 would idle around the mid thirties with the stock cooler.

sup former i5 6500 buddy :hfive:

(course, that was your old cpu, and it's my current one..)

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

just curious, do discrete gpus help improve visuals when you're just watching videos on youtube/netflix/etc?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Klyith posted:

Nope. If you don't play real-deal video games the integrated GPUs in Intel or AMD are 100% all you need.

gotcha, thanks.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

since i got my new PC, there's been little need for me to use my laptop. still, i've had the little trooper around for a long time and there's still both lots of important files i have on it, with also lots of space, so i'd like to keep it around. the problem though, is that it's gotten slow as poo poo. it takes forever to boot to windows and even longer to open up any web browser. it was one of the reasons why i needed a new PC in the first place. but i think this issue could be solved with adding some RAM? my laptop has 4 gigs of DDR3 at 800 mhz, and apparently it uses like 60% just from booting up without launching any programs.

is my diagnosis correct? will a RAM upgrade take care of this problem?

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jul 25, 2020

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Saukkis posted:

Does your laptop have a SSD, it's the first upgrade that should be done to any computer.

nope, it has just a standard HDD. can you even put in an SSD on a laptop?

MikeC posted:

FOUR GIGS? My 2500k build had 8 lol. I mean probably yes a RAM upgrade would do wonders but a more detailed look at specs and checking system usage under load is required for a more definitive answer. That laptop still have a platter disk?

well, i figured for a while that it may have something to do with the task manager constantly saying "100% on hard disk"? i don't know what that means though since my hard drive still has hundreds of gigs available on it.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Some Goon posted:

Yes, you can put an SSD in a laptop, they use the same form factor. Just be sure to get a 2.5" drive, not an M.2 drive.

Task manager isn't reporting disk space usage but disk bandwidth usage. Either it's paging like crazy (and probably is with only 4gb of ram), or you're trying to load more things than the slow HDD can keep up with. Or something is bugged somewhere.

My advice: do both upgrades. 4gb of RAM isn't enough for Windows, and no one should have to use a hard disk in this day and age.

sounds good!

on the RAM front, as long as it's compatible with my laptop model, the mhz and such don't matter, right?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Klyith posted:

nah, if this laptop is being relegated to basic internet and office the speed doesn't much matter.

the process of installing new ram will reset speeds to the standard safe speed for DDR3, same as a desktop. so if you get something slower than the 800mhz / DDR1600 that's in it you'll still be fine. so if you get ddr-1333 you can set it to 1333 speed manually, or leave it alone because it doesn't much matter.

my laptop has 2 slots, and at first i thought i'd had to replace both, but apparently one slot is free. so i was gonna just add another 4 gig RAM stick, so does that one have to match? or does it also not matter?

edit: this one okay?

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=221924223961&category=170083&pm=1&ds=0&t=1578081589000&ver=0

edit: actually, i have another more general question

so i would expect my computer to be struggling when i launch my browser, which automatically jumps the memory management to 90%. but as i also stated, it's very slow even when i'm not loading any programs and just booting up. when i launch windows, without any programs open, the memory being taken up is between 55-60%. i figure that would be enough free memory to at least let me just open folders and such. but it struggles even for that.

my new PC, can run premiere, after effects, 40 tabs in opera and still only takes up 60% at the most, and yet everything runs without a hitch. not even so much a stutter. (my record so far is 75% and no hiccups whatsoever)

why is that the case?

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jul 26, 2020

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Some Goon posted:

That's where your 100% disk usage is coming into play. It's trying to load Windows and all of its services and all of your startup program and your hard disk can't be read fast enough to get it all into RAM in a timely manner. So whenever you try to open a folder or whatnot it has to go find the contents on your hard disk, but it's busy loading whatever so it can't pull up the folder in a reasonable timeframe.

gotcha, that makes sense.

so is the RAM i linked to okay to get?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Klyith posted:

did you pick that ram because your laptop is one of those models? then yes.

Otherwise, your laptop *might* want DDR3L ram which operates at 1.35V, while standard DDR3 does 1.5V. You've never said what make and model your laptop is, so I don't know what it wants. The safe choice would be getting DDR3L like this because it works at either voltage.

oh sorry, it's a gateway NE 522 series.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

so i discovered something interesting. my desktop has 16 GB of RAM and all this time i thought it was two sticks of 8 GB, but it turns out it's actually 4 slots of 4 gigs. i've not had any performance problems, but i am curious, is this a better or worse configuration than the dual 8 GB would have been?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Some Goon posted:

It can be finickier, but if its working fine I don't think there's any downsides, besides not having room to upgrade further.

sweet, thanks.

ShowTime posted:

Anyone have recommendations on a list for video editing? It's not a question I see come up often. I've looked at all the completed builds available and while some are powerful and would serve well for playing games, I need something thats just as capable of editing footage. That's my real focus. Gaming would be cool to have footage to edit, but i'm looking more at learning more about video editing since it's always been an interest of mine and now i'm in an industry where I can get my foot in the door.

No, not looking to stream or be a Youtube content creator. Most of the footage i'd edit would be live action of my own recording with the opportunity to make some gameplay vids as well.

I've looked into just buying a prebuilt from a company but i'd like to learn more about the hardware, be able to upgrade in the future and to save a little money. I'm free to spend anywhere from 3-5k. Not looking to do 4k yet though, so i'm thinking 3k is more reasonable and to save the 2k for a build 2 years from now, or for upgrades.

Anyone got any experience with a build for that? I like AMD. I need lots of RAM and I want like 2gb of storage.

i came into this thread for essentially the same reason. but if you're needing a PC to learn video editing, isn't spending 3-5k really overkill? i got a ~$500 pre-built that is handling adobe premiere (as well as multiple other programs up simultaneously) without any issues whatsoever. obviously you don't need anything as cheap as mine, but even for $500, you could build one that's significantly faster and more capable than my own

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jul 30, 2020

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

ShowTime posted:

3-5k for a setup to "future proof" it as much possible, but I do get why that would be overkill and why I said 3k is closer to my expectation now. I'd rather save the extra 2k for upgrades or another upgrade a year from now. But I don't mind spending 3k for something that will last for awhile or be easily upgrade able.

And i'm not getting upset at the feedback. I genuinely appreciate it. Some of the setups posted are what i've been looking at lately. At this point i'm just taking everything in and looking over it.

i am of the opinion that i think you shouldn't bother with the $3k+ rig. i think you could make an absolute beast of a video editing computer with $1,500 like one of the posters above provided. something like that i'd figure would last you AT LEAST five years. then when you decide to upgrade, you can build another one for the same price (or you could theoretically just upgrade a couple of parts if necessary). and remember, that's if you build one for $1,500, which means that an equivalent pre-built PC could be anywhere between $2k- $2.5k.

my own budget was originally $1k, but i managed to find my PC for cheaper and while it's not ideal, i'm handling 1080p video just fine. and like i said above, it's not by any means an optimal set up for the price either.

edit: though i should also point out that i'm a bit biased against buying super expensive equipment unless absolutely necessary. unless you're already a profession editor doing major T.V. or motion picture work, i don't think there's any need to buy those kinds of systems.

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 30, 2020

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

UGH

so good news and bad news, folks. good news is my RAM for my laptop FINALLY got in. bad news is that i see absolutely no speed improvements. in fact, i legit think it's even SLOWER, which sounds crazy, but i think there may be something to it because when i checked the RAM speed in the task bar, it went from 800 mhz to 667 mhz. What the heck is up with that? D:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

hey, so i realized when i asked this question back weeks ago, no one responded!

so let's try this again. a little assistance por favor:

Mr Interweb posted:

so good news and bad news, folks. good news is my RAM for my laptop FINALLY got in. bad news is that i see absolutely no speed improvements. in fact, i legit think it's even SLOWER, which sounds crazy, but i think there may be something to it because when i checked the RAM speed in the task bar, it went from 800 mhz to 667 mhz. What the heck is up with that? D:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Kingnothing posted:

Did you maybe buy something sketchy? Like maybe it’s labeled 800 but they’re actually 667?

Is it 2 of the exact same ram sticks?

It could also be a compatibility issue. Or a setting in the bios (if your laptop even offers ram speed/timing changes).

It could even be that it’s not seated well.

It’d be helpful if you posted the ram you bought and the exact laptop you have.

i bought it from crucial.com, and it provided me suggestions after i put in the kind of laptop i had so i don't think it's an issue of sketchiness.

i believe they're the same sticks yeah. i mean, i know for sure the original one was 800 mhz.

this is the RAM I bought:

https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr3/ct51264bf160b

my laptop is a gateway ne 522 series.

Klyith posted:

does the laptop BIOS have anywhere to set the ram speed? it's not unusual for speeds to be set down to safe defaults after changing to different ram sticks, so you have to go in and set them higher.

i've never accessed the BIOS on this laptop. D:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

hey fellas, i'm back again.

i need a suggestion for a GPU. now, i may have asked this a couple of months back, so apologies if it was answered and i forgot. i was curious to see what kind of GPU my power supply would be capable of tolerating. initially i didn't pay too much heed because i mainly needed a computer powerful enough to create SD and 720p content via adobe premiere. i didn't think i needed to bother since at the time i had no desire to play any video games. that's changed, however, and now i need something more powerful than my paltry intel 530 HD graphics card. so the GPU i need has to be acceptable to a lame 200W power supply. i fully understand the GTX 3090 TI probably won't make the list. aw well.

my specs are:

CPU: core i5 6500 quadcore 3.2 Ghz
RAM: 16 GB 2133 mhz
250 GB SSD drive

and basically, what i'm looking for is a GPU that can let me play super mario galaxy on dolphin in 1080p (720p is also acceptable if that's what i can get) with hopefully some really good AA.

thanks!

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

FreeKillB posted:

Not an expert, but my understanding is that if you're going for a super low draw video card, a 1650 is probably a good choice. Note that the 1650 non-Super is only 75W as opposed to the 1650 super's 100W. A 1050 Ti would probably be the next best choice in terms of 75W cards.

thanks. apparently the 1650 is sold out, and the 1050s are either in short supply or really pricey at the moment (over $200). my best buy has a GT 1030, which, while not my preferred choice, should probably be strong enough to play dolphin games at 1080p?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

FreeKillB posted:

I would recommend against buying a 1030 for any gaming-related use case. While it does seem to benchmark faster than onboard graphics, it's not by enough that I would feel comfortable recommending someone shell out $80 or more for one new. If you're looking to get something for $200 or less at the moment, I would recommend looking at getting something used. It looks to me like a 1050 ti or 1650 (again, non-super) can be had for $100 or less on ebay at least.

bus hustler posted:

GT 1030 will play rocket league at 1080p sort of thing, but it's really a "this computer needs to output 4k & decode video" card. Even most Sims 4 players prefer the 1050ti. It also has no hardware encoding, which doesn't matter too much if you aren't running a plex server.

If you super want one I have one with SFF and full height brackets ill sell cheap, but theres a reason i replaced it. let me know and i'd do the proper SA mart thing.

gotcha. yeah, i'm not exactly thrilled at the idea of getting a 1030, but figured that might be the best i could do. two questions:

1. are used GPUs generally a safe bet?
2. and just to be clear, a 1650 should be okay to run with my 200W PSU without blowing up, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-T5-P...ctronics&sr=1-4

is this a good product/price?

i was gonna hold off on buying an ssd until black friday but i'm hearing that bitcoin dipshits are starting to get their grubby little mitts on hard drives as they have with gpus