Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Handen posted:

My biggest gripe with the Disney trilogy is that the music seems to have been an afterthought of purely regurgitated canon

I never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever need to hear the Twin Suns theme outside of the context of the original scene or Luke's death scene again.

Also is it just me that finds this show utterly hilarious? Decades of old canon building up Mandos as these super death marine Spartan 300 Master Chief motherfuckers...and this dude is getting shithoused by a jawas throwing wrenches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

in the end I'm just happy to finally see an exploding jawa or two

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Lone Wolf and Yub-Nub

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

The significance of the simplicity of this fight might be lost on some fans, I know I needed it explained to me, so watch first and see if you can catch what Obi-Wan is doing here, then check the spoiler:
Obi-Wan at the last minute intentionally adopts Qui-Gon Jinn's combat stance here to bait Maul. Maul immediately launches into the same combo he used to kill Qui-Gon like 40 years earlier, but Obi correctly anticipates the hilt smash by Maul and instead just cuts him down the middle like loving Macbeth.
That's more attention to detail than i would have ever been prepared to give the show, and a lesser show would have spelled it out.

While that is kinda rad, I can't get past how herky-jerky everyone is on these shows and how comically skinny their lightsaber blades are. I know that's goonsay as all gently caress, but it bugs me.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Azhais posted:

Sadly the best option is still the old laserdisc rips :filez:

still :filez: but nah, there's several restorations floating around like 4k77 scanned and cleaned off actual prints

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

if you want to imagine the future, picture loud internet dudes screaming about The Last Jedi until the day they're buried

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Cross-Section posted:

I dunno, I like the one where Esposito's character is trying to artificially imbue himself with midichlorians so he can become Sheev 2.0

Somehow, Gus Fring has returned

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

AndyElusive posted:

Also lol @ you guys pages back calling Gina Carano "brain trauma lady", she hasn't fought pro in years and even when she did, she wasn't ever knocked out. The worst she got it was from Cris Cyborg (which ok, could be argued as potentially traumatic for anyone)

look at these loving sentences

teagone posted:

[edit] I guess Gina Carano is now a transphobic COVID denier. Rhonda Rhousey is a transphobic Sandy Hook truther. Are there other MMA celebrities with stupid as gently caress opinions? I'm sure there are, right?

The only two punchsport celebrities who aren't at least partially worrisome chuds are Mick Foley and Stone Cold

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Stone Cold Steve Austin beat the absolute poo poo out of his wife, I used to love him too but.. yeah

There are lots of woke hippie MMA fighters, my fave is Thug Rose.

goddammit Stone Cold. At least I still have Foley. YOU ALL STILL HAVE FOLEY.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

There’s a hit piece out on Pedro Pascal...

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/the-mandalorian-written-off.html

I believe like maybe 5% of that article.

my favorite article of news from trusted source giant freaking robot dot com:
"Jim Caviezel Says Passion Of The Christ 2 Is Happening, Has The Script"

Jerkface posted:

I will say this, if he doesn't get to take off his helmet again in Season 2 he should walk off the set of season 3 and be replaced by Jim Wayne.

get that mustache and glasses guy who wore the Boba Fett costume for the special editions

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

CommanderApaul posted:

Trailer thoughts:

The only known living Jedi is Luke Skywalker. I think we're going to spend part of the season retracing Luke's travels through the original movies while Mando tries to track down the Jedi.

The opening scene with the gas giant and the moon could be Yavin IV rising over Yavin. One of the ice planet scenes looks like it has a crashed snowspeeder in the background, so is likely Hoth. The X-Wings look like they're flying through the clouds on Bespin.

sticking his fingers in Luke poop. "hnn. still warm."

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Another hit piece on Pedro Pascal:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/pedro-pascal-reportedly-refusing-return-set-mandalorian/

Somebody’s got a grudge, I really feel like this is bunk.

it's wegotthiscovered, so it's guaranteed to be bunk from the get-go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

cancel Mando, give Aphra a series instead :kheldragar: