Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

God I'm so excited for Reach on PC. I played the poo poo out of that game with goons way back when it released. I wonder if any of them are still around and not banned here. faaart xcuse me, John Stalvern, BobSagetisSHAFT, Holy Calamity, TerranRaida. Suede Falcon, UnseenGrub, TheOneAndOnlyT7 and others. I hope someone out there remembers the dumbass custom games of Falconry we used to play, or the ridiculous multi-part assault missions people made up, or how we somehow found 16 people one time to playtest some big map I made in Forge World, or playing on The Octagon in free-for-all with a 50 kill limit in nothing but close quarters and every explosive in the menu. Or when we learned that our pal Orca had died in a car accident, and his dad hopped on to play some matches with us, with all of us changing our ingame tags to "ORCA" in his memory.

Reach was an incredible time, and I cannot wait to relive it once more. I'm definitely down for playing with Goons once more.

edit: Bungie still has Reach stats available online. If you played back on 360, try and find your stats! Here are mine: https://halo.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=fp0

FPzero fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Dec 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

God I think I remember that match. Falconry was an amazingly dumb gametype. :allears:

I need to grab my fileshare clips and upload them for the hell of it.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILaJnpuDK8Q

Sorted through the few clips I've saved and grabbed anything dumb or funny that looked like when I was playing with Goons. I love this game.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Took a look at the steam page for MCC collection and saw it'll require an Xbox Live account. Makes sense, and I can probably recover my old 360 account to work with it. Does anyone know if it requires an actual subscription though? I assume not since it's PC but I could see MS doing something dumb like requiring XBL Gold for it.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Ugh, I went to try and login to my XBL account and it's attached to an email I no longer use, with a password I forgot, and a purchase history tied to a credit card that's easily 6 years expired or longer that I don't remember the number for. I might just make a new account entirely because it seems unlikely I'll get back into my original account, and they're saying it could take 24 hours for them to verify if I gave them enough info to let me in.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I dug around more and managed to get into the account. Apparently I'd transferred the account to my current email at some point in the past, so I have no idea what program or email their site thought they still had on file for me. Regardless, it looks like I'll be fine when it comes time to play tomorrow.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Question about the discord server linked in the OP. I clicked it and didn't recognize the server name at all, and also saw it had thousands of members. Is that a Games subforum server? I was expecting one just for us playing Halo.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Halo 1 and 2 on PC both had custom server browsers. Also, the anti-cheat disabled versions of the game make the series ripe for modders down the line. Halo Custom Edition's openness for modders kept that game relevant for years after most people moved on.

If nothing else, I'm just happy to have access to this series again. I lost most of my Halo discs along the way, so being able to just play the series on PC as it releases is more than enough for me.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I played through campaign last night with two friends who had never played the original. When we finished, one of them said to me "yeah, I now understand why this is one of your favorite games," and then we talked for a while longer about how the parts of the campaign we liked, and the story and everything else. It was a blast.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I'm not surprised they're missing from the original release, because accessibility was basically not a consideration back then, but it's a definite oversight in any modern re-release and should be patched in.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Anybody else get weird audio crackling issues during the campaign? The audio mixing itself is kind of poo poo (a hold over from the original release unfortunately) but this bothers me more.

I haven't but my friend says he did the whole way through campaign together.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Drop shield can sometimes be nice, but I wouldn't pick it without other teammates around to help. If nothing else it's good for free healing if your health packs are too far away. But yeah, trade the assault rifle away for literally anything else as soon as possible.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I don't even know what they could add for a season 2 of Reach rewards. Basically everything from the 360 is already in the Season rewards, isn't it?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

It's weirder to me that I can access my Shared Files from a decade ago through some kind of fileshare connection, but they couldn't do the same thing for our progression unlocks from the 360. But I guess it's because they had to unify the game under the MCC ecosystem. Still sucks though. It'll take me a while to fully re-create my spartan.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

It's always been that way as far as I remember, even back in Halo 1.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

turn off the TV posted:

i guess on night of long solace the evasive maneuver button doesn't exist or doesn't do anything, which may explain why im finding it to be impossible

afaik it does basically nothing to shields but against anything onshielded it's a fine alternative to the dmr

You need to press any direction and then the evasive maneuver button together to do it, because there are four different ways you can evade.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

turn off the TV posted:

i tried pressing every key on the keyboard but couldn't do it, i wound up just switching to a controller for that part

I'm not sure what to say because I'm also on keyboard and pressing W/A/S/D + Space does a maneuver for me. But I don't blame you for using a controller for flying because it's definitely one part that doesn't do so well on mouse and keyboard, even if it's not terrible to do.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I mapped grenade to middle click because I did the same in Deep Rock Galactic, and then put swap grenade on G and Melee on F. It's working out pretty well for me so far.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Honestly the DMR is just overpowering in general, and all the TU gametypes just hand them out by default. Large, open maps with vehicles like Hemorrhage or Breakneck or Breakpoint feel bad to use vehicles on because the DMR actually does a lot of damage to vehicles, meaning you can sit anywhere and pop shots at the vehicles. I like the non-TU gametypes because assault rifle/pistol starts mean that map knowledge of weapon spawns means something, but they're much rarer in each playlist. With DMR loadouts, I feel like I should never drop it for any other combo of two weapons else because I'll be handicapping myself.

Though I will admit that back when it launched and there was no TU, a lot of 1-on-1's turned into rifling each other until a shield popped and you could get the melee instead.

I talked about it with my brother yesterday, but another problem is that the DMR is just good no matter what range you're using it at. In theory it's meant to be a mid-long range weapon, the rifle is short-mid and the shotgun is short range. But the rifle feels anemic and takes a while to go through a shield, and the shotgun feels like it can't hit/damage anything significantly unless it's within 5 feet of you (I keep expecting it to have a little more range but that might be because of shotguns in shooters moving away from being completely ineffective at range in more recent titles). DMR works great at all of those ranges because it's just 4 body shots and a headshot to kill someone, maybe 3 and a headshot if bleedthrough is on and someone's a bit damaged already. The only thing it can't do is accurate consistent sniping, which the Sniper Rifle keeps its niche for.

I haven't played this game in years, so while I'm still having fun with it I do feel like I forgot about how infuriating the DMR can be for general play. At least when I played SWAT I knew what I was getting into.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

IronicDongz posted:

vehicles in halo 1 are pretty squishy, in 2 and especially 3 they're quite tanky unless you have explosives(which is how it should be IMO), and then Reach is back to squishy vehicles that get hosed up by bullets.

Halo 1 had indestructible vehicles only though. This isn't to dismiss your point though, because I do generally agree that the vehicles should be stronger against regular, common gunfire in Reach.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Frog Act posted:

tbf i have a pretty high average life because i do lots of cowardly fleeing to places and using terrain/the motion sensor to try to stay alive in a rain of DMR fire, it just seems like...I'm worse than a lot of people. like even when I'm doing everything right I can't keep it up and start to slip or make slightly-less-tactical choices and end up getting owned, so i get a streak at the beginning and drop from first to fifth place by the middle of the match. i do think most of the time my kills are getting stolen right now rather than the other way around, so I should try to pick up on wounded dudes more effectively. all that being said i also don't know the maps because this is my first time playing reach, so hopefully i can get them memorized soon ish.

I played Reach a ton on 360 but I've never been amazing at it. But I do have a variety of tips I can give you.

-Map knowledge is definitely important, especially if you end up in non-TU gametypes or play Rumble Pit. Assault Rifle/Pistol spawns encourage actually learning weapon spawns beyond just rockets and sniper, since no one starts with DMRs.
-Take notes of where the health packs are, since getting one while your shield is down will immediately start recharging it, no matter how long ago your shield was popped.
-Countdown's triple air vents make for some weird movement options when you're nearby them. The one that leads outside can be pretty risky to take since it's very open. Watch your motion tracker before using them to make a quick decision about which one to jump into. You can sometimes get sneaky kills using them, especially if you've grabbed the shotgun that spawns in-between them and someone's nearby.
-Sword Base's air vents help you get up to higher floors pretty easily, but you need to be very careful when using the yellow vent. The room it leads to is a dead end and is often a death zone for people using it. But sometimes you can be the person at the top of the vent and get others as they come up. You can also hide in the corners around the vent exit and often avoid being seen as people tunnel-vision themselves out of the room. Can sometimes get a sneaky beat down or assassinate. Just be careful in team games because you might have more than one person coming up that vent. Motion tracker is essential here. Crouch to avoid being picked up if you need to move while going the sneaky route.
-Spire kinda sucks for TU playlists because everyone has DMRs and in team games it often devolves into one team taking the top and everyone just sniping players down below. It's not too bad in Buddy Slayer though, since if someone gets up there, you can all just spawn on that guy and take out an entrenched team.
-Hemorrhage absolutely sucks in TU gametypes also because of DMRs everywhere. There's very little to break line of sight, so everyone just camps and DMR snipes. What would usually be a vehicle heavy map ends up feeling awful because DMR pierces vehicle health really hard.
-Headlong/Breakneck/whatever it's called in Reach is really fun even if it's a TU gametype because there's tons of cover and I feel like people move around in it all the time. There's a Sniper Rifle on one of the connecting bridges, and the windows near it provide pretty good locations to snipe from.
-High Noon sucks for TU for the same reason, but I've played a few other gametypes there and it's okay in those. There's a Rocket Launcher on a high platform that's pretty hard to get to, and very open, so it's up to you if you want to risk it.
-The teleporters on Battle Canyon are really fun to mess with people. The Sword's in the middle, and the Rockets are on the archway
-Roundhouse has a Grenade Launcher hidden in the downstairs bathroom of one of the buildings. Don't forget you can hold down fire to make it remotely detonate and set off its EMP properties. It's harder to get a kill with EMP but it's doable. There's also a Gravity Hammer out in the open in another building, and a Rocket Launcher in the waterways at the dead end. I find that most people don't go for it, because it's in a dead end and therefore kind of risky to get, but that means it's often there if you need it. You can see it from the platforms above its spawn, so if you want to take a second to check if it's there before committing to jumping down, you can do so.
-In modes like Oddball and Assault, you can Melee people while holding the skull/bomb for a one-hit KO. Obviously this is pretty situational but it's good to know when someone is suddenly right next to you.
-Jetpacks are almost always a death sentence, especially when DMRs are prevalent. Use them for utility, not for extended flight.
-Holograms are hilarious to use and someone will always fall for it at least once. If you aim down and then use it, your hologram will stand in place. You can also jump and use it to drop your hologram over a ledge. Trying to imitate a hologram with yourself is hard though, since people always shoot holograms anyway, and when they see you've taken damage they'll just keep firing.
-Gauss Cannon Warthogs are hilarious but I only ever see them in Big Team Heavies. Super fun to use and super powerful. Give it a shot, for sure.
-Probably most importantly, you can always load up a Custom Game and play any map you want to learn more about solo. You won't be able to win of course since no one else is playing, but you will be able to look around the map and get a feel for them and where general weaponry spawns. I did this with all the maps that were introduced for Halo 1 Anniversary, because I never really played on any of them. I might do that a bit more myself, because I'm still learning those maps and the Solitary and Penance remakes still confuse me with their layouts and spawns.

Hope some of this helps. There's obviously way more maps or mechanics I didn't touch on, but this is the stuff I could think of off the top of my head.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The Iron Rose posted:

I mean I should say I unlocked like ten in a few hours of casual playing and that seemed fast

But I've also literally never played another season game before so 🤷‍♀️

It slows down significantly past that point. I just hit Tier 20 and my next tier is like 100,000 points away. The first few are always fast, to try and hook you in.

At least you just get stuff for playing but man, it does kind of suck that if I ever want to match up to where I had my character back on the 360 I'll need to get up to like Tier 84. My brother can't even get his helmet until Tier 60.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Well, that's encouraging, though I still think the system is a silly match for how Reach did it originally.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Frog Act posted:

i forgot to quote this earlier to thank you for it + later reference. I haven't gotten to oddball or assault, didn't even know there were gauss cannon warthogs (i've only ever seen the rocket ones besides the regular), and don't know the map names yet (but I'm getting a handle at least on weapon/health pack locations) so this is super helpful.

especially the bit about the grenade launcher i didn't know it had any alt fire i just thought it fuckin sucked rear end and was a useless way to lob a grenade into the general area someone was 3 seconds ago. i also had no idea you could melee with the bomb, I can think of several scenarios where doing that might have won me a match.

i've stopped using basically anything but sprint and armor lock, since active camo is so easy to see through and triangulate using the false blips, but maybe I need to go back to try the hologram and stuff. i did at least realize that about the jetpack (and jumping in general), it's a shame it can't really be used in most big team deathmatches because you just become this universal target and get popped immediately. it's pretty fun to not use it most of a life and then suddenly use it to jump into an isolated hill or something like in that one level with all the weird platforms where the hill spawns on the one in the middle that has to be jumped to.

Yeah Grenade Launcher is a weapon that's a lot cooler than it is effective. It's very tough to get kills with because the EMP does less damage than the normal shot, but the normal shot has a difficult to learn timer on it for when it will explode. It might have to do with number of bounces, or time after first bounce. The EMP is great for vehicles though. If you play Action Sack playlists, sometimes you'll get Boom Ball, which is an Oddball variant where you have to carry it for points but it explodes randomly, and everyone has infinite grenade launchers only. It can help you learn while you laugh at how stupid it is.

Oh and one last thing I didn't mention before: Assassinate and Beat Down are functionally the same in that they're both instant kills from behind. It's just that Assassinate is cooler and has a whole animation to go through before the kill is counted. This means a couple things. It's rarely advisable to use Assassinate unless you're positive you're alone, because you and your target can both be killed during the assassinate animation. If someone kills you they get a Showstopper medal, and if someone killed the person you're assassinating they'll get a Yoink medal. Beat Downs are instant, but make sure you're directly behind someone for it because if you're off to the side you'll just do a melee and punch through their shield without the kill. Sprint works well to make sure you're right up behind someone. That said, no glory in being boring, so if the opportunity for an assassinate shows up, may as well go for it because they're super fun.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

If you got this on PC, only Halo Reach is available.

If you got this on Xbox One, all the games should be available. I'd recommend playing them in release order, which would be Halo 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> ODST -> Reach -> 4.

Other than that, just remember that Halo 1 was basically the father of modern twin-stick FPSes, and some of the gameplay can feel kind of old these days. But they're still really great games to this day so don't let that deter you.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Well the match rankings only really matter if you're a person that cares about where you place, but there's also a pretty good chance that placing higher corresponds to you getting more medals from performance or team work, which means more xp.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

To be fair, grifball only shows up if you specifically ask for it to, and there's no map voting so it's all random depending on what the matchmaking decides. I don't believe players have any way to influence the map selection now.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Yeah Timberland got remade for Reach. I thought the PC maps were gonna come with Halo 1 PC in MCC, but I'm guessing that's up in the air? I hope they can bring them eventually, because yeah Death Island was so much fun.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:hellyeah: indeed!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I didn't even have much chance to play 3 and I know it'll be that one. I'll be hanging out in the depopulated Reach playlists.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The thing we're all confused about is what they'll even offer as season 2 rewards, because everything that was originally in Reach seems to be unlockable in Season 1. Are they going to hold colors for Halo 1 hostage? It's not until we hit Halo 3 again that we'll see more significant cosmetics.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

RBA Starblade posted:

lmao there is at least one map in Big Team that a team cannot win because one of them has ramps to every power weapon and vehicle in the game and the other has a hard wall they can't jump and the gametype has no jetpacks

Good job 343

Which one? Was it some Forge variant? One of the Boneyard variants (Scrapyard I think?) had the same problem except it was the red team only spawns in one clustered location on the stairs on the cliff, so blue team just gets a tank and literally sits there killionairing everyone as they respawn in the same places over and over.

What an awful variant. I think they said they removed it in an update.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Arrath posted:

Turns out the TU is terrible and AR/magnum starts Are The Way. Who knew!

"With Halo 1 in the Master Chief Collection, we've added some new features people have been requesting. We've back-ported the DMR into Halo 1 and added it to all matchmaking playlists as the default loadout!"

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I love this series but I'm starting to rapidly lose hope right now. Launching Reach without Forge was such a huge mistake. My brother and I have been keeping an eye on player counts and it fails to crack 4000 active daily players regularly. I know everyone's probably waiting for the next game update for it but without easy Forge access there's been no reason for tons of people to stick around. Couple that with the other bugs the release has had and we're both feeling pretty negative about the whole thing. 343 were sitting on gold with this release, but they fumbled everything post-launch, and the initial peak sales and players peak was people coming back for the fun of it, and then everyone left. I hope people return for Halo 1 and keep playing until the rest come out, but it sucks that my favorite game of them all launched first, was missing half its options that usually keep players around, and shed the rest of its playerbase as quickly as it did.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I dunno man, I just hoped to revisit a series I loved and played a ton. A PC release should've had the potential to bring back plenty of players to the games. And for the first few days it did look like that. But then it nosedived, and people quickly realized without Forge or easy custom games access, there wasn't much to do in Reach. So we all played it a little bit longer but quickly fell off. I thought I'd end up sitting down and playing it a bunch more, going through campaign, enjoying the game and its design like I did years ago. I wanted that good feeling badly. But in the end, it just wasn't there. Based on all that, I suppose I can say I hyped myself up too much, but I just wanted to have fun with Halo again. I hadn't played the series since after 4 came out, because I lost my Reach disc and then my brother left all the rest of our discs with a friend who moved. I hadn't touched the series in over 5 years and just wanted that rush of Halo goodness once more, on a PC.

I guess I got it for a few days. I just wished that feeling stuck around longer.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I think there's something to be said that Reach's more limited scope helps the plot here, because if you were to take part in big bombastic missions like Halo 3 only to eventually lose completely it would feel pretty bad from a gameplay perspective. I think Reach does a really interesting thing in how it's basically a story of inevitable failure. The only success to be found is the success that will happen in games further down the chronology because you help enable it to. It's all small victories against the face of pure, unadulterated loss, and I think that's why it rings poignant with me. It's not grandiose, it's not heroic, it's not victorious. Even at the end of it all your team is barely holding it together, with orders basically falling apart after Long Night of Solace. I think it really helps sell just how overwhelming the Covenant invasion of Reach truly was, and how caught off-guard the human race was.

The line one of them says after Jorge dies with the bomb stuck with me for a long time. "He died thinking he'd saved the whole planet. We should all be so lucky," or similar. That line right there just hits hard and sells the whole fall to me better than anything else I can explain. Halo 1, 2, and 3 are triumphant, but that triumph comes bittersweet and as a result of the loss of Reach. One poignant campaign to show how truly awful the backstory of the series was for the humans.

I dunno, I've just always loved Reach's campaign so I could easily be blind to parts of it. It's different, but in a really interesting way tonally compared to the other games.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Frog Act posted:

Tried to play CE multi today, 8v8 heavies, experimental, ctf, and regular deathmatchy stuff as filter and didn’t get a game for like ten minutes, had to quit because I was trying to play on a break, has the population dropped considerably?

Steamcharts says there's less than 5000 people playing on average these days. I think 343's mishandling of the game's launch state, plus the bugs, and the lack of Forge meant the games, despite their pedigree, were doomed to wither and limp along. CE's release spiked the players up to about 30000 on average but that was it. I honestly haven't played since December, and it sucks because I was so excited for Halo again. But the fun just isn't there right now and I miss having Forge to screw around in.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I have fond memories of playing Halo CE on PC and joining a server that ran a modded Sidewinder, where the teleporters would place you on top of trees for sniping positions. Also a Death Island server where there were loads of teleporters that sent you all up and down the place. Such a fun time.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

How much you want to bet that they're all being rushed in whatever states they're in because MS decreed everything needs to be out by the time Halo Infinite comes out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The Kins posted:

June Dev Update! This is a big one.

• Halo 3 flight has resulted in ~100 different bugfixes, including character model player emblems actually being the player's emblem.
  • Halo Reach Audio Bugs Will Be Fixed Alongside Halo 3's Release! Both games used a weird emulation of the 360 versions' Waves DSP software, this has been replaced with a native port of the original software to x64. There'll also be various sound bug fixes for the Halo 3 DLC maps.
  • Getting right into the gritty of Halo 3's hitreg issues, their cause, and what's being done about it.
  • Surprise! Halo 3's getting a new skull: "Acrophobia", which enables a jetpack by double-tapping jump, ala Halo 4's Jumper-Jumper control setting. This is actually evolved from an old debug cheat!
  • Surprise-ish! The Halo 3 launch will bring about Season 2, with over 100 new pieces of cosmetic tat to unlock slightly less sequentially than before. These new pieces are custom player model visor, weapon and vehicle textures for Halo 1 multiplayer. Don't worry, you can turn these custom skins off if you prefer the Old Ways.
  • Oh, also, Halo 3 player customisation is being restored to the level of detail (seperate helmet, chest etc.) of the original Xbox 360 release, instead of preconfigured sets.
  • Forge will be coming to PC alongside Halo 3, but File Share won't be available at launch so the system can be strenghened and cross-plat-ified. Don't worry too much though, you can just share your game modes and maps as standard PC files on any given website.
  • A number of the matte paintings in the Halo 3 cutscenes have been uprezzed from the original source art to look right on a 4k display. One of them is actually a finished version that never quite made it onto the final Halo 3 360 disk, which shipped using an unfinished version!
  • All future limited-time events will be done through the new Challenge system, meaning no more waiting for 343 to manually give everyone their new nameplates.
  • A number of features from Halo Reach's version of Forge have been backported to Halo 3's Forge to make building poo poo easier.
Awesome, we're finally getting a bunch of stuff that should've been in the Reach launch back at launch!

Sorry that sounds really cynical. I just had such high hopes for the game at launch and thought I'd be playing it a bunch, but the iffy state it launched in compounded with the quickly dwindling playerbase as a result of that iffy state killed my early enthusiasm, and I haven't even booted up the collection since December. But with Forge finally being added and all these changes for 3, it might be time to do so once more.

FPzero fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 1, 2020