Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

SavageGentleman posted:

Anyone else going through the Halo 2 campaign atm? What's your thoughts yall?

halo 2 was the one I somehow 'skipped'

I had halo 1 on the og pc re-release, but didn't have an xbox so I didn't play 2. Then got a 360 and 3/ODST/Reach/4. I did borrow 2 from a friend (and uh, never gave it back) and played it with the backwards compatibility but I only did the campaign like, once or twice, compared to the many many times for the others (...besides 4).

anyway my point is that while I'm not completely new to 2's campaign- I remember the big setpieces and general theme of the levels- I don't know any of the specifics.

playing on heroic- it wasn't too hard, up until gravemind. That level kicked the poo poo out of me, in comparison. I guess just the 2-hit berserking brutes, and the drones, and the start where you have to scramble for weapons and cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

holy moly jackals on h2 legendary :captainpop:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

double needler wrecks brutes, at least on heroic. although when possible I think you'd still rather plink them from far away with dmr/carbine/snipers. brute shot's ok too. does the brute shot do extra melee damage in 2, or was that a 3 thing?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I liked how the remastered graphics added the red arrow floor directions to Cairo station, to match ones from Pillar of Autumn in CE.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

If you think the banshee levels are bad wait until you try legendary on the space combat level in Reach. Enemy fighters can take you out in < 2 seconds, they know how to lead aim and compensate for speed boosting and trick moves, and you have to fight like a dozen at a time. Only way I was finally able to pull it off was by flying tight circles behind pieces of space debris / the enemy capital ship to use as some semblance of cover and hope that only 1 enemy fighter decides to engage me on that side at a time.

when you're attacking the enemy ship, if you boost to it's bottom right away, you can catch all the banshees still docked and take them all out instantly

however all the seraphs are still a pain, and this doesn't really help for the station defense. but yeah you can hide behind debris or the station or your corvette in the last bit for some cover

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I dunno Jorge is everyone's fave

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Going through 3 on legendary, finished floodgate. Weirdly I've had a much harder time with this than I did Reach legendary. Specifically the room in Crow's Nest where it's a hammer chieftan and a bajillion brutes on top of a sloped hallway.

I think it's because brute infantry occupies a new sort of mid-level but numerous niche. Like a brute trooper is much tougher than a grunt or jackal, but not as much as an elite, but the brutes are much more numerous than elites. My strategy is generally whittle down the chaff enemies while avoiding the strong ones, until I have a clear engagement. But brutes occupy a middle space, where they're too tough to whittle down quickly but too numerous to avoid. I had the same problem in Reach actually, when brutes started showing up in Exodus it got a lot harder. Also brute shots are bs. Also the plasma pistol's tracking is either weaker in 3, or the enemies are much dodgier, at least on legendary.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I finally drove an anti-air wraith for the first time :syoon:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

1. The Covenant
2. The Ark
3. Silent Cartographer

y/n?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

tbh I think the best way to kill h3 brutes at close range is just punch them, you can usually stagger them and kill in 2-3 hits. even chieftans you can dance around. just be smart about cover and splitting their group, or use a bubble shield for thunder dome action

likewise bruteshot is imo the best anti-flood weapon. actually I'm not sure how it compares in melee killing power against regular melee and swords, but you can use the grenade launcher at range to gib a group, or knock the ranged pure forms off the walls. kills tank pures in 2 melees or so anyway, even on legendary.

but also, is it just me or are the pure flood... kind of stupid? like the stalkers just stand around or run randomly, and the tanks are so slow and only occasionally try to swipe at you. the ranged are the only kind of dangerous ones.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

JerikTelorian posted:

Pure Flood are up there with H2 Brutes on the "things I hate" chart. The needle ones shoot forever, they have really high health, and their reload lasts maybe a quarter of a second.

i'm telling you, smack em off the wall with a brute shot. they'll fall somewhere they can't shoot you and they'll either sit there uselessly, or transform into stalker/tank forms which are also useless. once they/you get in close you can punch them once (maybe twice for the tanks) with the brute shot and kill them easy

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

Finished Halo 3 last night. The Ark was really fun, as was The Covenant. I have no idea where the other Mendicant Bias terminals after The Ark level.

for the covenant:

in the first and third tower (the two that you go in), they're in roughly the same spot, on the raised section with the elevator. Like once you get to the elevator terminal just keep walking and cross over into a shadowy section.

at the second tower (usually you'd fly by), land and it's by the front door. There's also a skull on the long outer walkway promenade thing.

for cortana:

there's a room that still got a lot of the uncovered covenant architecture not all goopified. there's a big rush of flood combat forms too. you want to find a way into the lower section beneath the middle. This is a Cortana terminal not Mendicant Bias though. Also there's a skull if you platform your way up some flood mushroom to the top of the room.

for Halo:

at the start, before you even get to the control room and any enemies. stick to the right in a cave for a semi-hidden path that leads to a skull. when you reach some forerunner support beam looking things, jump on and go to the right again (Cortana will say "where are you going?") This leads to a power generator room like in Two Betrayals and a terminal. You can also grenade jump across a gap for an easter egg.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

From my wiki skimming it sounded liked none of the covenant member species actually managed to develop to spaceflight before the prophet race encountered them and brought them into the fold?

Also, just finishing my Halo 3 play through I'm got a little mixed up on something from an earlier wikidive. Guilty Spark refers to humans as "Forerunner Children" or something like that, it felt like they almost meant it in the literal sense. But humans are apparently explicitly not forerunner? Did forerunners just pick them as successors?

Also, if forerunners were able to preserve humans and the prophet species, how come they didn't preserve any of their kind?

There's some notions in the EU stuff that I'm sort of paraphrasing a paraphrase of, since I never got into it, that forerunners and ancient humans* were actually both offshoots of the same primogenitor race and that the librarian was working on reunifying them, or something? so from a certain point of view, modern day humans are both not forerunner, but also are related to/descendants of... I don't know.

alternatively, the name 'forerunner' was a title that they took up, having lost/given up their original species name. they had the notion that they would pass on their legacy/stewardship of the galaxy/Mantle of ResponsibilityTM to others (the Didact changed his mind). so now Spark has declared that modern humans have taken up that title and position and are thus 'forerunners' who will eventually pass on their legacy to some other race... but that seems, I don't know, pithy.

Well, my understanding of things at bungie and now 343 is that they didn't even know. Individual people has their own ideas about stuff, but no one sat down and lined it all up. Until Halo 3 got a lot of them arguing and they kind of went with a middle way that everyone mostly tolerated but no one got everything they wanted. But now there's different people at the helm and a different philosophy, but even still the newest expanded universe stuff is still kind of straddling the line of "spiritual successors" vs "some sort of shared genetic history" at least as I understand it.

*I'll just say that the whole ancient humans thing... maybe could have been neat, but a de-evolution ray and then humans evolving to be exactly the same and encoding stuff in genetic memory or whatever the gently caress is stupid as all hell

I do actually sort of like the origin of the flood. I mean it's peak space fantasy but it's... I dunno fitting, in a way that ancient humans turned back into monkeys turned back into humans is not.

oh yeah there's also some notions that the "Great Journey" may actually have been a literal thing and one of the few things the prophets got right- that on the Ark there is a means of travel to somewhere else (and/or a higher state of being) that some amount of Forerunner took, and may still be in existence somewhere (beyond the didact)

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 22, 2020

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Okan170 posted:

You used to be able to get a very early Banshee in Assault on the Control Room- right after you first get the Scorpion you fight some tanks and a Banshee comes to strafe you. It comes from a platform (to the final pulse generator in Two Betrayals), and if you shot the bottom of the platform with the tank, on the classic Xbox it would go through the platform and flip the banshee up and down to the ground where you could pick it up.

This doesn't work in the standard CE campaign anymore, but if you turn on the physics skulls you can blast it off the platform with the tank by shooting around it (made easier by being in high resolution), then go pick it up and zoom through the level.

The marines will actually still follow you, but if you skip large enough sections the enemies will stop spawning and eventually the marines might disappear in a loading zone. The doors, elevators and the end level cutscene will still play though.

I think you can still get an even earlier banshee. Like right when you walk out onto the first bridge (it's the two level one above where the first set of marines will be, with sleeping grunts and turrets in the corners) a banshee will strafe by. If you stand in a certain spot the banshee will smack into the wall and the elite will fall out, letting you get in.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Tythas posted:

Not to mention that the brutes were originally trying to broker a peace and get the humans into the covenant until Truth said to kill them

wasn't there some lore somewhere where even the elites were like, "yo the humans are cunning and brave warriors, why aren't we best bros" to the prophets?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Tythas posted:

Right the prophets didn't know that the halos wiped out all life until Halo 2 at which case they were too far in to do anything about it which is why truth went through the ark to activate it because truth would be safe at the ark when all the halos went off

that's some real trump energy, deciding you'd rather wipe out all life everywhere than admit you were wrong

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

SirDrone posted:

I honestly never noticed there were arrows on the ground pointing to the correct path at times.

and then remember they'll be backwards for two betrayals

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I liked that brief look at the villain(?). dunno anything about him but a dude who's like, "let's throw hands and go down in legend swinging" is a good villain to me

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Kin posted:

I never played halo 5, but wasn't a whole thing of Halo 4 that there's now mass produced Spartans and the UNSC is a dominant force in the galaxy?

I think those spartans were lovely tho

and then in 5 cortana got all crazy and woke up a bunch of giant invincible space robots, and also got all the AIs to go skynet with her, or something like that, so they've been smashing up the humans I guess

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Working my way through Reach, and while yeah, I kinda figured they wouldn't make it through, Kat's death felt really dumb and cheap, bordering on nonsensical. Ah yes, there just happened to be a dude on phantom waiting to snipe through a crack in the ceiling. With that covenant sniper rifle that exists in the game.

Does that dude have a book? Must be pretty special to make that shot.

It was that way originally, so I think they kept it. In back-porting skulls to H1 I guess they decided to be lax / make them in the remaster mode only.

They don't really sit down and explain it but all the pieces are there:

1)The dude who killed her was the zealot leader from the first mission, and also the last at the very end. He's been keeping tabs/hunting Noble.

2) Kat's transmissions were traced- the first time was at the end of New Alexandria, which is why you have to defend the Oni building, and then Carter was talking to some dude telling them to go do The Package so that transmission got traced too.

3) Kat's shields were out after the emp from the glassing. Rest of Noble's too.

So it's basically the best of the best of the Elites have been following Noble team, traced their transmission, and hit them at a perfect time.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Kin posted:

At the same time it makes Halo 3 just downright silly with his buddy buddy partnership with Master Chief.

Like, Halo 3 takes place maybe a couple of days after Reach if even that. So by the end of Halo 3 where he's being begrudgingly welcomed at the funeral it's like Thursday or something, when he wiped out his last few billion civilians/soldiers just on the Monday before it.

Retroactively making him out to be this super badass just makes it all the harder to believe his acceptance afterwards.

there's a bit more time than that. slip space travel isn't instantaneous and there's some downtime between and within games. Pulling dates from https://www.halopedia.org/2552 It's actually kind of crazy.

reach: First mission July 24,
Sword Base on the 26,
Nightfall August 11 (what? that's a big delay), Tip of the Spear the next day
Long Night of Solace on August 14
Noble 6 gets to New Alexandria on August 23
The Package on August 29
Pillar of Autumn leaves Reach August 30

Pillar of Autumn arrives at Halo September 19.
Halo destroyed September 22

Halo 2 starts October 20
Regret slipspaces out at 16:02 (or 4 pm).
Rookie wakes up at 2206 (or 10 pm)
ODST ends the morning of October 21

In Amber Clad arrives at installation 05 on Nov 2, kills Regret. Changing of the Guard (Elites to Brutes)
Great Schism starts Nov 3, along with the rest of Halo 2.

Truth on the Forerunner Dreadnought (with Master Chief) gets to Sol system on Nov 8.
Johnson and Keyes get to Earth sometime between the 8th and 15th.

ODST final cutscene with Johnson talking to the Engineer is on the 15th.

Regret's ship gets to Earth on the 17th. Everything from Halo 3 up to Floodgate.

Human/Elite alliance reach the Ark on December 11. The rest of Halo 3.

Arbiter gets back to Earth December 23.

Halo 3 final cutscene/memorial is March 3 the next year.

The UNSC Infinity is first launched March 22. (What the gently caress? It gets retrofitted later for it's big Star Trek as seen in 4 but how the hell did they build it during the war).

But yeah they never really establish the time jumps. And I agree re: Arbiter, like the dude's campaigns caused the deaths of like a billion humans and then within half a year he's buddy buddies with the UNSC. Well, any port in a storm I guess.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Halo 2 itself seems like a few days, and Halo 3 has some weirdness where it feels like it's right when Chief arrives with the Forerunner ship, but Truth also has had time to excavate all of New Mombasa?

I think the Covenant have been digging for a while before Truth got there, like since Halo 2 first half/ODST. So almost a month. Truth just landed in the hole.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Okan170 posted:

I think there are time skips with FTL travel. Apparently CE takes place a few weeks or a month after Reach due to travel time for example.

Which further makes the Reach designs funnier when you see artists talk about how they designed the assault rifle to look "more primitive" than the one in CE. Its only like, a month later! To say nothing of the way the Covenant must've somehow intercepted all the M6D pistols and ammo leaving the Pillar of Autumn with the last remaining supply in the galaxy.

Yeah there's some big shenanigans with weapons/armor/vehicles and such if you think about it.

The brutes get 3 sets of armor in a year.

The Covenant lose all their focus rifles/needle rifles/sticky launchers/plasma repeaters/revenants on Reach. UNSC lose all their DMRs and I guess haven't invented BRs yet. Lose all their Falcons too.

Covenant don't bring like half their armory to Halo. Pillar of Autumn stocked with no smgs or spartan lasers but the best pistols.

Humans lose all their assault rifles and spartan lasers for a while. Invent BRs. Covenant invent carbines and beam rifles and Spectres but then lose all their spectres. Chief remembers he can use two guns and also that he can pick up fuel rod cannons.

Humans find their assault rifles and lasers.

Not even going to start on armor abilities and gear.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Been playing the series on the MCC on pc recently and it makes zero sense to me why you are still fighting against covenant elites. Like ever since Halo 4 I thought it just never made sense especially after halo 3.

it does make sense to me that since the covenant was a massive galactic empire that it'd end up splintering into various break away fiefdoms and factions, along with all sorts of renegade and pirate groups

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

i vomit kittens posted:

The guy that made those Cursed Halo mod videos has something new out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re4VWoTrAuQ

the morthog and hover hog are pretty cool actually

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'd also have liked it if you got a message from Dare immediately upon leaving your pod rather than her waiting until you've done a bunch of missions to try contacting anyone on the squad. You don't even need to have Dare voice it, just have your HUD say that a squad beacon was activated at the Data Hive, so you make your way there picking up the story along the way rather than meandering over that way and picking up story pieces by chance.

I like that you can hear Virgil's engineer sounds coming from certain doors and terminals. Nice touch and an early hint at the twist.

Yeah I was thinking about this. There's three- well, two and half- narratives, but none of them really have anything to do or interact with each other until the very end.

There's Dare and Vergil, which just kind of vanishes until the last two mission.

There's the wacky adventures of the not-Firefly, who are just kind of doing whatever, until Buck has a eureka moment.

Then there's Rookie playing gumshoe... except that Rookie doesn't actually figure anything out, Dare just radios him to tell him where to go. Buck does more to solve the mystery on his end.

I think it would've come together much nicer if Dare hadn't radioed, and there was a final clue (or even no clue/map marker, and the player had to piece it together) that pointed the Rookie/the player towards the underground computer lab.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I found it actually did ok at taking down shields on legendary. I mean a plasma weapon (pistol ideally) would be better and I replaced it immediately everytime but it's surprisingly not useless.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

Didn't suck as much as fighting a grenade proof Brute Chieftain with a fuel rod cannon and two jackal snipers, but still kinda sucked.

for real tho that last bit of the mombasa streets before data hive was probably the hardest part of my legendary run.

the rolling retreat at the start of oni base before you go inside, gave me some issues too

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Sally posted:

Brute Shot works great too. Also the Mauler. I've not found the Spiker super effective... but, yeah, kinetic stuff seems to work golden.

100% Brute shot, yeah. melee kills in one hit, maybe two for the tank forms. the actual grenade can blow up groups of infection or combat forms, and it gibs them so they can't revive. or the grenade can knock the ranged forms off of walls/ceilings, allowing you to melee them, or at least it usually neutralizes them or they'll turn into stalkers which are almost harmless

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

SavageGentleman posted:

All in all, Halo 4 has helped me accepting that the production system of late stage Capitalism eventually destroys every successful media franchise it touches (looking at you, Mass Effect, Star Trek, Star Wars and many others!), so 2/5??

yeah it's the gambler's ruin ain't it?

if you don't stop on a high, you're guaranteed eventually gonna hit a low and be made to stop

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Not sure how it'll flow yet, but it should be interesting. Anyone got ideas for good custom cross game playlists? Could probably put Spartan Ops in there too.

if you're going for chronological, it turns out there's actually like, a two week break after the mombasa slip space jump in halo 2, cause slipspace is super fast but still not instantaneous

so it'd be h2 up to metropolis, the odst, then the rest of h2

e; did some googling, this person has some good ideas for cross game playlists

quote:

Earth Will Never Be The Same: H2 Armory-Metropolis, H3 ODST, H3 Arrival-Floodgate

Holy Rings: HCE Halo to Maw, H2 Delta Halo to Quarantine Zone, Uprising, The Great Journey, H3 The Ark to Halo.

Ancient Evil Awakens: H4 and all 50 chapters of Spartan Ops

Urban Warfare: HR Exodus, HR New Alexandria, H2 Outskirts, H2 Metropolis, H3 Storm, H3 Floodgate, H3 ODST Tayari Plaza, H3 ODST Coastal Highway.

Belly of the Beast: HR Long Night of Sollace Rally Point Charlie, HCE Truth and Reconciliation, HCE Keyes, H2 Gravemind, H2 High Charity, H3 Cortana

Flooded (Fixed): HCE 343 Guilty Spark, HCE The Library, H2 Oracle, H2 Sacred Icon, H2 Quarantine Zone, H2 High Charity, H3 Floodgate, H3 Cortana, H3 Halo

Hogs Jets Tanks Mechs (Updated): HR Tip of the Spear, HCE Assault on the Control Room, H2 The Great Journey, H3 Storm, H3 ODST Uplift Reserve, H4 Infinity Rally Point Charlie

Freedom of Flight (Updated): HR New Alexandria, HCE Two Betrayals, H2 The Arbiter, H3 The Covenant, H3 ODST Kikowani Station, H4 Shutdown

Tanks, Tanks, Tanks (Updated): HR The Package, HCE Assault on the Control Room, H2 Metropolis, H3 The Ark Rally Point Bravo, H3 ODST Kizingo Boulevard, H4 Reclaimer Rally Point Charlie.

Me and My Hog (Updated): HR Tip of the Spear, HCE Halo, H2 Outskirts, H3 Tsavo Highway, H3 ODST Uplift Reserve, H4 Requiem.

Sniper School (Updated): HR Nightfall, HCE Truth and Reconciliation, H2 Outskirts, H3 The Ark, H3 ODST NMPD HQ, H4 Reclaimer Rally Point Bravo

UNSC (Updated): HR ONI Swordbase, HR Package Rally Point Bravo, HCE Pillar of Autumn, HCE The Maw, H2 Cairo Station, H3 Crows Nest, H3 Epilogue, H3 ODST ONI Alpha Site, H3 ODST Data Hive, H4 Dawn, H4 Composer.

Welcome to the Jungle (Updated & Fixed): HR Winter Contingency, HCE 343 Guilty Spark, H2 Uprising, H3 Sierra 117, H4 Infinity.

Forerunner Relics: HR The Package Rally Point Charlie, HCE The Silent Cartographer, H2 Regret, H3 Halo, H4 Forerunner

Just Getting Started: HR Winter Contingency, HCE Pillar of Autumn, H2 Cairo Station, H3 Sierra 117, H3 ODST Mombasa Streets Rally Point 1, H4 Dawn.

Finish the Fight: HR Lone Wolf, HCE The Maw, H2 The Great Journey, H3 Halo, H3 ODST Coastal Highway, H4 Midnight.

Halo Saga: HR, HCE, H2 Heretic to Metropolis, H3 ODST (all at once so to not take away from either story), H2 Arbiter to The Great Journey, H3, H4 on heroic.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 24, 2020

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

how are the prometheans in H5? I know people bag on that one's campaign, is it mostly for the story or is the combat bad too?

I was actually thinking about the prometheans in H4. the crawlers do fulfill a niche of 'fast light infantry' like the skirmishers in reach, but they're too weak and one note to be the core of a force- they'd be better in a mixed group. Likewise the knights are too strong and annoying to be the elite analogue, but if they were a semi-mini boss kind of enemy like hunters or chieftans (ie. much rarer) they'd be tolerable.

and then I looked it up and turns out H5 introduced the soldiers to be the elite analogues/core and moved knights to more of a hunter analogue, so huh.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

the big thing about needlers in 4's campaign is that they can do a super combine on you

they could also do that in CE, but generally are less aggressive with it than 4. I also think they had to take out your shields first in CE before it would explode but I might be wrong. I'm actually going through CE now on legendary and I've been exploded a few times, but only in situations where I was dead anyway.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I still don't know how someone designed librarian with a penis head and everyone was like, yep good

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

here's a question I've been sitting on for a long time, but is the ship in the level "Keyes" Truth and Reconcilliation, or a different unnamed one?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

alright, it's just never referred to by name in 'Keyes' (just as 'this cruiser') and there's some layout differences from the T&R level (although some of that might just be different doors being open/locked) and it seems to be in a slightly different location but it could've just moved, yeah. also one of Cortana's lines about where the hangar is makes it sound like she's pulling from databases or something instead being like, 'hey remember how we were here before?'

also there's a weird extra hangar that doesn't really make sense- at the start you're on the same level as the control room (you can see the proto-gravemind through a window), walk through a hallway and end up on the bottom floor of a hangar with the big hole. but the hole is at the bottom of the ship since it opens to the ground. then you enter in again and properly go up the three level hangar to the control room- but it's a different hangar since there's no hole. I mean not a big concern at all and I'm sure a ship like that would have multiple hangars but I don't think the geometry makes sense.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Feels good. And with that, I've got all the Reach cheevos

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I liked the Jonson story in the graphic novel. Crisp, clear art (the half-jaw vs flood one was horribly muddled), no bad dialogue, and, maybe this is kind of weird, but the use of japanese symbols for the sound effects let me sort of 'hear' it as the actual game effects, rather than reading a generic 'blam blam bang'

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

armor looks... not bad! imo at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

comparison between shots from last year and this year

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/nzpc6z/halo_infinite_assault_rifle_2020_vs_2021/

delay was good