Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Lou Takki posted:

For me and everyone I know who plays Halo it's more like why is there even a progression system? None of give two cents about the armor unlocks or whatever cosmetics exist. I know I'm probably in the minority here though, people seem to like unlocking poo poo but that's why Halo is so good, there is nothing to really unlock and everyone starts on the same footing every match.

i like unlocking comestics to play dressup with but i want 0 other unlocks at all tbqh

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Tighclops posted:

All I asked was if nobody's playing the good Halos then why do they expect any kind of success with a new one, what the gently caress

It will be bad

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

RBA Starblade posted:

Three or four multiplayer maps were PC specific as well

There was also usermade maps on PC. I spent so much time on terrible maps like Cold Snap that were gigantic and covered in vehicles with overpowered weapons

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

BisbyWorl posted:

So I was playing around with the sillier skulls in Halo 1.

Turns out a double radius, double knockback Hunter round can send you out of bounds. :v:

Of course, you can't really skip to the end of the segment because you'll miss triggers and the warp won't function otherwise, but still.

The skull that disables a random ui element when you die is loving perfect

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I'd be super impressed if they had made firefight for all the halos but i'll settle for reach and odst I GUESS

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Oxyclean posted:

On the other hand, if they're trying to recapture the Halo 1 vibe, expect an act 3 twist introducing a different antagonist.

Would rather not see more Flood though.

The Mudslide

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Halo's novels were bad when I read them in high school and it's hilarious to me that 343 is taking them into account for new games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

RBA Starblade posted:

You can tell because the h2a shotgun has a range that isn't "model is inside enemy"

wHat the gently caress