Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
it's some gift of the magi thing where they have to sell his identity to have enough coins to pay him out

buttcoin: grift of the magi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Shumagorath posted:

buttcoin: grift of the magi

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
this happened over in reddit land

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
bitcoin an insane deathcult? never

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Not a cult!

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

have you bought any of my CultCoin? they bring infinite wealth and enlightenment. starting at just $69,420.

NO TETHERS
USD ONLY

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
this is good for bitcoin because it shows how desperate the establishment is to discredit it, and in the meantime, everyone will see how biased and unfair the "reporting" (fud) is, and they'll be curious and learn more about bitcoin

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

catspleen posted:

have you bought any of my CultCoin? they bring infinite wealth and enlightenment. starting at just $69,420.

NO TETHERS
USD ONLY

Can’t you trade tethers for other shitcoins

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Coinbase responds to the mean things being said about them and their friends by starting their own blog.

https://blog.coinbase.com/factcheck/home

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
you might think that if you had a shitload of warehouses full of overheated asics guessing numbers 24/7 and that was burning ~150 TWh a month and then you turned it off you'd be saving 150 TWh. but it turns out that's not true, because if you didn't waste that 150 TWh then all that energy would...something...and uh...it would still be wasted because solar panels...uh...there's excess supply...and so in conclusion bitcoin promotes green energy usage

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Its true that bitcoin will lead to earth becoming a burning, venus-like orb of sulphur and death, but have you considered the chief mitigating factor, viz. that number will go up

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

SubG posted:

you might think that if you had a shitload of warehouses full of overheated asics guessing numbers 24/7 and that was burning ~150 TWh a month and then you turned it off you'd be saving 150 TWh. but it turns out that's not true, because if you didn't waste that 150 TWh then all that energy would...something...and uh...it would still be wasted because solar panels...uh...there's excess supply...and so in conclusion bitcoin promotes green energy usage

paying all that money to burn coal is actually good because then other people can't burn that coal and might* use renewable energy instead

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Bitfinexed/status/1397566126201217028

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

killhamster posted:

this happened over in reddit land

spoke to this guy earlier this week, he's good and on the ball and knows how hosed up crypto markets are and what the problem with tether is, and he's got a decent grasp of why bitcoin goes cultish, i.e. when people get desperate and think there's free money they'll say and do anything to get it

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

hosed up if true

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

SYSV Fanfic posted:

Coinbase responds to the mean things being said about them and their friends by starting their own blog.

"decentralizing truth" with our blog that we control

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
https://twitter.com/Niko10766014/status/1397642195713368065

Khorne
May 1, 2002
everyone shouldn't marry someone who doesn't understand the value of bitcoin

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 27, 2021

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

SYSV Fanfic posted:

"well, see, in terms of total % of everything else destroying the environment, bitcoin isn't that bad. also elon musk said something about being green, and he's the electric car guy, so..."

some putin-grade propaganda here

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

reminds me of when we could go into bitcointalk and an irc channel or two and bust the price down 50% from just shitposting. we never had to do the actual trading part though.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i thought the infamous event was someone here posting "bitcoin is crashing SELL SEll sell" and it affected the price

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Someone from here went to a bitcoin forum I thought.

They could all be true though

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i very definitely remember a night when we coordinated a campaign here and on irc but it was years ago.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

this is what I always assumed the endgame was, just naked manipulation by people with connections but the market seems to have responded by just making thousands of new crypto-things

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Splicer posted:

i think i was just misremembering the article i read. i first learned about bitcoin by reading this thing the site used to have called a...front...page? i think it was called, and they had this article https://www.somethingawful.com/news/attack-of-bitcoins/1/

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

yeah someone from here went onto bitcointalk and posted "Bitcoin is crashing! sell! sell!" and it crashed.

I miss the old days of bitcontalk back before all the "too the moon!" greed completely drove out everything else.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

74 flavours of soda

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

LMAO. "The bad news for Bitcoin isn't real, it's carefully orchestrated manipulation by people like me, so that our clients could buy more Bitcoins cheap. Bad news is good for Bitcoin."

From someone constantly posting really lovely memes about how people should be buying more Bitcoins and anyone who sells is a "betacuck".

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

FrozenVent posted:

74 flavours of soda

what else could you ask for to drink while watching tailspin (shown under Creative Commons license of course)?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Shifty Pony posted:

what else could you ask for to drink while watching tailspin (shown under Creative Commons license of course)?

you just unlocked some recessed bitcoin memory

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Splicer posted:

your tone is facetious but now all forums are bitcoin forums

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

buttcoin.orggov

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

jisforjosh posted:

you just unlocked some recessed bitcoin memory

quick lock this one back up

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jorgestolfi/status/1398018608383639558

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

remember when a vertical line on a financial chart meant there was an error in the data?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
lol xtal got threadbanned from the gray bitcoin thread

another block minted on the laffchain

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

again?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Whatever happened to that reddit drug dealer offering bitcoin bounties to random people on how to recover a package of Chinese fentanyl from local teenagers intercepting it on bicycles not for their health or safety but purely because having it lost would mean losing profits

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

every ten minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
it's like all the exchanges took a math test and this is how you can tell who was peeking at tether's paper to cheat

is circle trading ious with itself to pad its valuation or are they doing something else?