Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Weatherman gave up but the laffchain continues to go up in value and we need a place to discuss investments

congrats to boxturret for winning the last (short) thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

browsers castle posted:

No gradient charts, but I do have numbers.

2013-2017 tops and bottoms:
1300, 360, 666, 200, 300, 210, 450. ... 20k

Lets pretend we do it exactly like that but at 10x:

13k, 3.6k, 6.6k, 2k, 3k, 4.5k, ... 200k

So, ya, we're going to bounce around. And eventually anyone who thought it was going to go straight from 3k to a million will get washed out because its too volatile for them and we're for sure going to zero, and then it'll go to a million because those people won't be around any more to sell and prevent it from doing so.

whose rereg are you? seraph?

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Sniep posted:

i htink its all piss
somebody already tried pisscoin

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

EorayMel posted:

You may also
no thank you

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

neutral milf hotel posted:

oh dang... is the thread title true?

not just anyone, the actual united states government said it! in court!!

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Midjack posted:

never thought i'd be longing to see galtse or brazil.txt again but here we are.
:wrong:

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Djeser posted:

there was some podcast episode i listened to that was like three lawyers all discussing the craig :wrong: trial in florida and how badly he hosed up

can't find the file i saved to my computer any more, anyone recall it?

https://pca.st/0n15o3xv

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

EorayMel posted:

Which appliance is most likely to mine bitcoins? Discuss.

the toilet

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Paladinus posted:

The fake Etherium giveaway stream is no more. Youtube, in its infinite wisdom, has nuked the channel instead of giving it back to its rightful owner. All is well that ends well. Another big victory for crypto.
this is good for bitcoin

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Wutang-Yutani posted:

So my question is, can the recipient, B, see that the coins have come from A, easily? And if you send another payment later, will it appear to be from the same address? Or do wallets make new addresses for each transaction?

you goin' to jail

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Weatherman posted:

it was autocorrect`s fault but it looks funny so it stayed

and this is an orange forum, what are you talking about

very misleading! it's an amber forum

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

EorayMel posted:

I come running and slide underneath your exchange like im stealing home base...i gently cup your wallet and begin exploring your addresses with my fiat, before moving up the seam of your dried strawberries and taking your white paper in my mouth. you grab a fistful of my cryptocurrency and begin jackhammering my tether while my bitcoins bulge and you erupt with hot epoxy straight underneath my hollowed out birdbath
this may be your best work yet

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Boxturret posted:

oh no if only people tried to warn you that bitcoin was bad...

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

ghost titty apparently lost CAD$14,000 in two days after reinvesting his retirement savings in crypto

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Mr.Radar posted:

The next Buttcoin halving is in just two months. The last few times it happened the miners were able to pump the price of butts to keep themselves solvent but this time it will coincide with the likely peak of the Coronavirus pandemic and a likely recession (caused by said pandemic). If that's the case the price will already be depressed and a pump may not take hold. If the pump fails we may finally see a frisbee on the roof scenario as mining becomes unprofitable for everyone all at same time. :crnasickos:

how does tether fit into the scenerio?

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

i don't understand any of this

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

AlbieQuirky posted:

bruce “pattaya bruce” wagner, who wanted people to use grindr to sell bitscoin
VERY MISLEADING!!
it was hornet

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Weatherman posted:

what have they been talking about? do they still have unironic butters there shilling it up?

they have recently picked up a really dumb person (coiner or troll? you decide!) who can't shut up about how great cryptosporidium is

vortmax fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 24, 2020

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

how have i not seen this yet? it's far more accurate than you'd expect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBRWJzAjkjk

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

i am joe. i have become polluted. i must now leave the public for a full year.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

holy poo poo that's real

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Midjack posted:

ERROR
LESS
FRENCH

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Limetowncoin?

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Boxturret posted:

when is elon musk going to evolve to his final form and give a nazi salute whilst sailing away in a russian submarine that gets hit by his own nuclear missile crashing into the ocean?

i'm pretty sure he wouldn't use a russian submarine because russia refused to sell him rockets at a decent price when he was trying to start spacex

now a homemade submarine used for a brutal murder, he'd totally use that

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

as an ordained minister in the Universal Life Church I can sell you indulgences, but I only accept US dollars in cash :shrug:

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

there's a live one in the gray forums thread
probably another seraph account he bought from someone else but :shrug:

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

oh boy, more SEC charges against ICOs!
https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2020-207

EDIT

divabot posted:

Bruce Fenton's $100% complete and accurate explanation of defi

https://twitter.com/brucefenton/status/1293959332510470145
this makes so much more sense than all the unexplained graphs ghost titty keeps posting

vortmax fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Sep 12, 2020

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Pardot posted:

how has the tether scam not fallen apart by now?

because if they stop pretending tether is real the whole game collapses

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBRWJzAjkjk

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

I cashed out my Dogecoin profits when it hit its peak after supporting a racecar and I made enough to buy the forums but I decided to use my windfall to pay my rent for the next ten years

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Boxturret posted:

you got twelve dollars by selling dogcoins?! :eyepop:

shhhhhhhhhhhh i don't want to brag about it

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

take your meds seraph

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Thread closed until further notice or seraph takes his meds.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Bless your heart

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Take your meds seraph

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

BUTTCOIN

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

TheTruthHurts posted:

You're right, we should shut down the internet and ban all cameras too. All of these tools can be used in horrible, horrible ways, after all.

gently caress, I almost forgot, modern medicine can be used to harvest organs! Back to the drawing board, people! No more medicine!

Take your meds seraph

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

i will believe seraph is a buttcoin billionaire when "Dr" Craig Wright proves he's Satoshi Nakamoto.

https://www.alabseries.com/episodes/episode-3-faketoshi-the-perfect-client

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Chocobo posted:

i forget was seraph a typical bitcoin libertarian pedophile or just a true believer
ACAP
All Coiners Are Pedophiles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

this quote from six years ago showed up in my facebook memories and I probably stole it from here

quote:

Bitcoin only works 'well' as a solution to the problem of how you have a decentralised currency, and that's like saying you've solved the problem of how to make a chocolate teapot. It's interesting that you can make a chocolate teapot but we've already got ceramic and metal ones, which work better in every possible way, thanks.