Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

catspleen posted:

ERCOT the only thing less regulated and more volatile than buttscoin. love those 10,000% electricity price spikes.

the :qq: will be incredible when their gains are wiped out by a single hot day, or their farms are down for a week during a heatwave. either way, promising stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Nybble posted:

china cracking down on miners? this, of course, is a good thing for bitcoin!

https://twitter.com/davidmarcus/status/1406918261581750273?s=21

Note: he never explains why it’s good, It Just Is

infernal machines posted:

you'll note, this is actually good for bitcoin because...

chinese mining pools controlled over half the network hashrate combined, so this is decentralization, you see

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Ad by Khad posted:

anyone can contribute to forbes, why don't you scoop Abe Brown here and just post your own drat article

contributor on the meme beat

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

Is it cumpass or scumpass

first one, then the other

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

then the system works and bitcoin remains secure

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

loving gold

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

actually, and I might be misremembering this, if a clearing member goes down the other clearing members are obliged to take on the positions to ensure they can be closed out. that's easy for physical positions,a bit less so for dumbass leveraged ones but you can reasonably assume that you might get aggressively closed out or margin called into oblivions if your internet comedy gold position is moved from clownshoes broker to idk ICE or whoever.

how does all this work when people on the platform have been sold "partial" shares?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

no records of us telling you to commit crimes if they're all in-person meetings

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

look, they just need to make a layer 3 implementation of blockchain, then run everything on that

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Splicer posted:

Krypto Kids Kamp

uh oh, that's not good.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i still can't fathom why anyone thinks being a "serial entrepreneur" is a positive thing.

people who were constantly trying to make new businesses were generally mocked for being failures up until what, the 90s?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

KnifeWrench posted:

this was in the tweet, too, and I just can't get my head around how it made it to the final version

like, this isn't even standard bitcoin-dumb. this is grammatically unparseable. less secure than what? it's like they had a glimmer of awareness that they couldn't claim it was insecure, so they took a page from the rubber bullet pr handbook without considering how absolutely insane it sounds on first reading

the entire article is also complete nonsense combining completely unsupported assertions about the nature of cyber crime, its relationship to internet protocols, and fundamental misunderstandings of literally every topic mentioned

idk what the gently caress rocketfuel is, but if that guy is cto i'd stay the hell away from them

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Boxturret posted:

...are these based on a script or something?

the second one is a joke based on the first to demonstrate how stupid it was

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

posted by a (former?) yosposter no less

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

:shrug: yeah, poe's law and all, it probably could have been real

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

archive captures the link to the bio and :discourse:

*Navy seal screed but it's blockchain.txt*

30 years on the blockchain? impressive indeed.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

nice. i hadn't seen her in the sec thread in a while so i wasn't sure

kinda realized after posting that i might be legit doxxing her if she didn't want that association made

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

TotallyNotSatoshi posted:

Yeah...but on the other hand if I was playing a game and it looked like someone had read a page of jokes on a web forum and just copied each and every one of them I'd think the game designer was a shithead. And I don't want to be a shithead. Well. Not that kind of shithead.

I got to the emptygox thing from the idea of having the game taking place in a town that's gradually going to poo poo due to bitcoin. I got the idea of "Decentralia mine fire" and that got me to Silent Hill and that became Empty Gox. This was like multiple major releases of blender and THREE.js ago, and back when I was first trying to implement this poo poo they didn't really play well together and I shelved everything because I had to wait through several releases until poo poo like skeletal animations were actually working. And I remember worrying at the time oh poo poo what if someone else gets the idea of implementing a bitcoin parody inside of a Silent Hill parody...and then thinking what the gently caress don't be stupid, who would think of that.

"the simpsons did it"

these threads have been going for like twelve years, you cannot conceive of anything more outlandish than the things that have been witnessed here over the last decade, so don't worry about it and just make the game you want to make

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

there is no way this is not a joke. it can't not be.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's just way too perfectly mocking bitcoiners, and too obviously absurd. the only other possibility is that man is god's perfect idiot.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's like a battery if you don't know what words mean and decide that you can just conflate anything you like with anything else because the entire concept of communication is meaningless to you

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

if it's less than all of them, tell them they lack conviction

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

now sort the chain from highest to least intrinsic value

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

new shitcoin

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the slowest horse finally crosses the finish line to raucous applause

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

HappyHippo posted:

this reminds me of ubik where everything's coin operated and the guy can't even afford to open his own door

ubik was a documentary

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

remember when grimes wanted to change her name to "c"?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

jisforjosh posted:

remember when grimes tried to play huck finn with a bunch of chickens and her boyfriend but kept getting stuck on the Mississippi?

yes.

i guess i'm saying that poor bastard's name may not be entirely elon's doing

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

giving away free money? sounds like communism to me

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Boxturret posted:

love how that guy considered leaving a bunch of computers on and stealing electricity a business

at least as much of a business as landlording, less practical utility, but surely the same principle

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

goth smoking cloves posted:

Is this a new form of sov cits? Does he think if he recites the buzz words in the right order biden will owe him a billion dollars or something?

i think these people think there are huge concepts associated with every one of those terms and they're just blowing your mind by listing them off like that.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Boxturret posted:

it what way is bitcoin a layer 2 protocol

did you miss the RSA article about how blockchain should replace tcp/ip? they're just taking it one step further

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you don't read the thread?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Boxturret posted:

what's an "elon"

about $4.25, same as in town

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

ADINSX posted:

Are you an actual Bitcoin advocate? I’m just skimming this thread

it's permabanned user seraph84, so yes.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Weatherman posted:

there's gotta be an ejector seat on that aircraft he can be tricked into sitting in

ain't nobody using a dollar store huawei laptop flying a private jet

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol. can you imagine spending money for an avatar?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

my value!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

arbeit macht coin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

only in the bitcoin thread would not one but two people correct a tasteless holocaust joke