Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

the old block and chain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Paladinus posted:

Sound is vibration, vibration is motion. We already produce energy from motion all the time. You just need to vibrate the right thing and connect a couple of wires to it.

sounds like a bunch of hot air to me

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

wait, I thought water had no intrinsic value?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

quote:

"There were no procedures in place to stop these frauds," Rosen said. "Of course, scammers quickly picked up on this, and directed victims to download the Coinbase Wallet."

Many of the victims lost their life savings.

https://news.slashdot.org/story/22/10/17/0142216/96-file-legal-action-demanding-coinbase-reimburse-21m-lost-to-crypto-scammers

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

but has SBF ever gotten rained on for people? or fetched a plastic bag from a tree?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

I think I figured out SBFs strategy. he’s entitled to legal representation, so if he ticks off every lawyer who could represent him badly enough to drop him as a client, he can’t be tried.

at least that seems like bitcoin logic to me.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

i'm legit wondering if there was anything like crypto in 1960 that ended up being that much of a waste of resources, something on the same scale that has absolutely no loving redeeming value whatsoever.

California City?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

I bet karpeles actually did the fraud and implanted incriminating evidences sbfs computer with a torrent

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

maybe ross was going to send some hitmen after him we don’t know

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Eeyo posted:

sometimes i do think "drat it would have been cool to buy 1000 bitcoins when you could get them for a dollar and sell them for tens of millions now". but otoh, it's a zero-sum game. if you're selling because you know it's worthless you're defrauding the dumbasses who buy it. it's bad when sbf steals crypto dispshits' money and it's bad when i do it (although it's less bad since it's not billions of dollars).

I had done that, I'd probably gotten shived by a guy with a trashbag of amazon giftcards or something.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Crust First posted:

many exchanges have an otc (over the counter) desk, that let you do large trades "off the books". i assume you could cash out seven figures by bouncing between them, but surely it would make your bank quite unhappy with you. could you cash out $10 million before you run out of banks in your home country? maybe!

Just sell it on localbitcoins and make $9999 deposits duh.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

infernal machines posted:

it's also helpful for weeding out idiots because you can immediately ignore anyone who uses the words bitcoin and privacy together in a positive context

im positive bitcoin privacy is a farce

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

sam definitely plays games and uses prescription drugs wrong

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

You think he's still got the shakes, or has Bahamas jail given him enough time to detox?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Boxturret posted:

remember, the parents got one of the many multi million dollar bahama houses

so sad they might have to join the elusive “had to sell my home* to fund my sons defense” club

*one of our vacation

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

That's clearly just misdirection from big candy coin.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

graph posted:

jony did nothing wrong

headphone jack

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

graph posted:

jony did nothing wrong

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

you think the bahamas jail diet will melt the pounds off him like the Japanese jail diet did for Mark?

effort less american just doesn’t have the same ring

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Trillhouse posted:

I will be collecting every rare SBF picture and cataloguing his downfall in images.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

pirateat30

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Viginti Septem posted:

lol, the shoes are in this shot too

What kind of monster takes their shoes off on a flight.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Boxturret posted:

i loved that time they conveniently had to shut down during a crash because of a totally unrelated issue and the interns they had at the office couldn't fix it, so because cz was on a plane at the time the whole exchange was unusable

You're only saying that because you hate Canadians.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

whoa, what just happened?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

I bet he knows how to tie his shoes and was just using the untied shoes bit to make people think he wouldn’t run

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

lol

https://twitter.com/LukeDashjr/status/1609802775688548354?s=20

edit: part of me wants to reread his tweets to see if he's doing a doll hairs thing and trying to get people to give him bitcoins or something.

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jan 2, 2023

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

i'm so glad we've got a high profile example of the whole 'don't you wish you would have bought in 2010?!?'

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

fart simpson posted:

is it true? did luke jr lose all his buttcoins? lol

no, he knows right where they are

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

how do i get a job being a camera man who has to be pushed away? seems like it'd be a fun gig.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Boxturret posted:

Yeah I can't really get someone that understands what things are crimes not immediately running away from bitcoin the second they encountered any of that stuff, not staying on for years until it got reached some threshold.
Maybe the pay was super good?

“it can’t be that stupid, they must be explaining it wrong”

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

and no chargebacks!

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

whatever happened to hammer licker?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Boxturret posted:

oh no sammy's going to get murdered

Something something intrinsic value

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

4lokos basilisk posted:

i wanted to make a "pirateat40, outofprisonat60" joke and then i googled whats up with the guy, and it turns out that the man could get away with just paying the fines, but he is ignoring the court, hasn't paid even the piddly 6x400 bucks and now they want to put him in prison

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/litigation/bitcoin-ponzi-operator-ordered-imprisoned-for-civil-contempt

he was also charged with “ASSAULT CAUSES BODILY INJURY FAMILY VIOLENCE”, and has a ton of civil stuff going on. Amazingly his wife didn’t leave him until last year.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

brb buying some frozen steaks on ebay to store in the vault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

sounds like a tooth pull scam