Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Terces posted:

I mean I'm glad a police altercation ended peacefully, and the chief is not wrong about people with mental illnesses needing help... but lol at medical treatment for basically libertarianism.

tbf it is a brain disease

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

JK Fresco posted:

What are you basing this on? He has a pretty extensive social media presence so I assume you've looked through it?
He was okay with state sanctioned violence when he signed up to commit it overseas hth

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Clark Nova posted:

Be a dumb white teenage boy, get exposed to Ayn Rand or Rand Paul, then never recover
or john stossel, libertarians were literally funding his editorial specials on ABC, then buying the rights to distribute them on video. The libertarians would then donate the videos to school as economics lessons
https://stosselintheclassroom.org/
I remember as a kid liking his specials, I could've sworn I saw them on TV but then again why the gently caress would I have watched this dude rant about the homeless being lazy when I was a kid when I could've watched the simpsons or been playing nintendo?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Horseshoe theory posted:

John Stossel's greatest moment was when David Schultz slapped the poo poo out of him.

gee for some reason that wasn't on the libertarian economics educational videos nor were any of his early consumer advocacy stuff

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
:hmmyes: the dude who threatened to murder people if he wasn't promised no jailtime for the laws he admitted to breaking was reasonable

I just wish the police showed as much patience and understanding for militia psychos and freemen on the land to black children with backpacks who dared to be in the same neighborhood as the cops

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

no, radicalize them! they can be the ones that unlock the weapon cabinets and supply their fellow workers when the revolution comes
they can be double class traitors

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

It feels like it's been years since that would be an actual news stort, yeah. Now it'd just be a Wednesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Rad-daddio posted:

Is this a thing with Christians? When my oldest was in Boy Scouts, it was mainly run by evangelicals, and every outing seemed like some kind of competition to out-suffer one another.

It's been in the dna of the church since it was an 'outlawed' cult.
They were never really that persecuted, and the narrative of the Christian martyr was a fabrication to justify the oppression of other faiths once they came to power https://www.newstatesman.com/culture/books/2017/11/darkening-age-how-christians-won-brutal-culture-war-against-rome
Like roman governors frequently had trouble with every christian wanting to be some murdered hero of their faith and there's a ton of correspondance complaining about the weirdos.