Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

You aren't missing out on much just yet. Some stuff isn't even implemented yet. I don't think drones work properly yet, Jita keeps trapping people because of the massive influx of players, the market crashes causing reboots (but they've been compensating with free isk, though not enough to mean anything really) and there's going to be a character wipe before it goes out of beta.

That being said though, it's legit Eve on your phone with some nice quality of life improvements. Planetary mining is really easy, it's spot on graphically, the music is the same for the most part, combat is simple enough, setting optimal orbit distances is real easy (though not obvious in how to set it initially).

The only real issue I see so far is the market and the prices. I've only got roughly 3mil, which makes affording anything impossible. I want to start mining and exploring, but unless I figure out how to manipulate a market place that can't stay online long enough to even use, I feel kinda trapped doing missions. Now granted, it's been so long since I've played Eve I don't remember what my options are as far as kitting out a cheap ship to mine or wormhole, but it still seems pretty gated.

All in all it's a good game, and I'm excited to see what it looks like fully functioning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Thank you for this!

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

So this is about an hour of stealing people's cans from PI that don't know how to use the system:

Edit: in highsec no less.

That equates to enough mats to make about 3 ventures, not including minerals. Free mats/isk!

Game owns.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

orange juche posted:

How do you steal their cans? How do you even find them to steal them?

The dumb thing is warping to the can after you launch it. I just warp to the planet I have poo poo in, then I launch the can and warp to it. I was able to flat out steal cans from people sitting on top of them though, so be fast!

Since I was doing it in highsec, I floated around the basic starting pubbie hub at Renyn as those people are most likely to gently caress PI up. I would just go from system to system, starting at Planet #1, and warp around checking planets for floating cans. When you warp to a planet, you're not close enough for them to show up in the overview, so you gotta spin the camera around a bit to see them.

Just meander around a big starting station, and go 2-3 systems out making a loop. Pubbies are scared to go too deep into space, so don't expect to find floating cans way out in null or low, unless they get ballsy with a system they don't understand, which seems unlikely. You might be able to camp lucrative planets though. Finding a good spot in null with some ripe planets in them might be a fun way to kill people and get some sweet sweet loot.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

Stealing PI goods may not be very profitable, but it is definitely funny as gently caress. Getting targeted by an angry Chinese ibis makes me laugh. Also saw what looked like a warp bubble on the Jita undock, but it didn't have any effect that I could see.

Stealing PI goods got me all the mats I couldn't mine asteroids for that I needed to build a venture :shrug::homebrew:

I absolutely love seeing all these new, starry eyed, players on places like Reddit, playing eve for the first time. They're so optimistic and full of a sense of adventure! :allears:

Once this game launches, we're going to be able to witness so many hearts get broken once they realize how much people like murdering each other in eve. I smell a shitnado a comin' Randy.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

drat, I was just looking to buy one of those boys until I saw the price tag. Nice find! Hopefully it wasn't some unaware goon. :ohdear:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Skex posted:

If they were they should have put their name on the roster so we'd know not to shoot them :)

Good point.

Also, shoot blues.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Burn EvE - Echoes your Jita with phone.

This is the eve thread I know, this is the eve thread I love.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

I just got my invite for the final beta, downloading now! :dance:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

Mjolnerd posted:

sir this is eve echoes

GoonFleet skeet skeet skeet yeet

:hmmyes: fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

:allears: We aren't even a month in and it's already at this level? As always, Goon's greatest enemy is goons. :smithicide:

I know leadership of a game like this can be difficult, I used to try wrangle tons of goons and pubbies on mumble in GW2, I can't imagine running an eve Corp. I just hope poo poo doesn't fall apart completely :ohdear: this game is fun and good.