Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

No PvP in highsec, completely busted warp core stabilizers, and no plans to change local chat

i think this game is gonna be dead on arrival unless the sov system is killer

Whats the deal with local chat in the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
So even after changing local almost destroyed the playerbase of PC eve, you still think its a good idea? Crying about local is a years old tradition at this point. I actually thought the problem with local would be that it was delayed or worked weird. What you're describing is a non-issue.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
What I heard from Eve players who were playing during the Blackout, was that it was miserable and boring. Everyone likes to point to botters but from what I was told, it was non-bot players who dropped the game hard during that time. I don't think you can easily separate the Eve "baggage" with Echoes. The core players of Echoes will most likely be current or ex-eve online players. Think of all the people who quit eve proper and see this game as a way to casually join back in, fresh.
Plus if the early numbers are accurate, then Echoes is going to attract a large audience at first. Problem is, mobile games have really bad retention issues. Lots of people play a little for a short period, few people play a lot for a long period. Changing Eve mechanics to be more punishing and hardcore isn't how to retain the thousands of people who will be going ankle deep.

If Echoes is a success or turns into some cultural phenomenon, then sure, let them take the game to weird new places. The attraction for Echoes however, is that it's eve, but you can poop while playing.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

how do you figure?

By using a brain.

orange juche posted:

However, from what I experienced in the beta, most pubbies in echoes are incredibly, unimaginably dumb, and local or no local you can just loving murder them on undocks while they scream obscenities at you.

I'm excited to play.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Why are you so obsessed with local? Wait no, I don't want to know, none of your posts on the topic have made sense. Are you like this with EO too?

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

quote:

DEV NEWS -March 9
Dear Pilots,
The EVE Echoes Team has resumed intense development after the Chinese New Year Holiday. To stick to our objective to become more transparent with our lovely players, let’s have a look at what we have endeavored in the past two months.

OBT Suggestions and Feedback
We have received nearly 800 valuable suggestions and feedback from the EVE Echoes OBT community, and out of the 800, more than 400 are now incorporated and optimized within the game. We will spare no effort until we have dealt with and resolved all the remaining feedback.

Offline Autopilot
The Offline Auto-pilot feature has finished development. Our developers have made the subsequent adjustments to the navigation logic of the spaceship so players can now continue autopilot with the game closed. However, players should be aware that offline autopilot can make you easy prey for pirates.

Corporation
Our most anticipated feature, the Corporation, is now moving full speed in the developmental process. On the other hand, classic elements from EVE Online, including taxes, corporation wallets, and corporation hangars, will make a comeback in EVE Echoes with the emphasis on simplification and utility optimization.

Capsuleer Outpost
Introducing the “Capsuleer Outpost,” one of the exclusive contents of EVE Echoes that we are currently working on. Unlike space structures in EVE Online, the Capsuleer Outpost is a private structure designed for single players, and a suitable foothold as you pioneer the new frontier.

Once again, thank you for your continued support for EVE Echoes. Leave your questions and please stay tuned for more development updates in the future.

Offline Autopilot makes total sense for a mobile game.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
I'm not sure what the point of a single person outpost is?

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

extensive solo pvp killboard

:barf:

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Bear in mind a lot of mobile games have much lower caps on guilds, like usually around 20 people.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
The fleet system sucks, and the price of warp disruptors also sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
If you want to play Eve Echoes with other goons, there is Groo. It's super chill. Come join and play with us.