Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Surprise maintenance started about 3 minutes ago, they're moving the game to a larger environment, hopefully this will fix a lot of the problems people have been having with getting stuck in systems and market orders puking all over themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Skex posted:

So spent most of the day shuttling ships down from Empire and then on my lunch hour I decided to try an anomaly in S-U, looked around and decided to try a medium as those were easy enough in FLIET, let's just say that there is a significant increase in difficulty. Multiple cruisers with webs and points melting my poor Catalyst quickly. My small ship skills are pretty good as I've focused primarily on them. Destroyer Command 5 Advanced Destroyer Command 4, Small Hybrids 5, gonna be beefing up on defense skills and probably sticking to smalls for the time being at least until I figure out the knack on these things. I recommend caution and a decent sized stack of replacement ships :)

Hmmm, the anomaly was named the same as the one in Fliet? a Serpentis Medium anomaly? Weird that they would have different setups of ships based on security of space, they should be identical.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

So this is about an hour of stealing people's cans from PI that don't know how to use the system:

Edit: in highsec no less.

That equates to enough mats to make about 3 ventures, not including minerals. Free mats/isk!

Game owns.

How do you steal their cans? How do you even find them to steal them?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Carth Dookie posted:

Am I missing something or have the tech trees been completely messed with and ships tech levels bear no resemblance to EVE proper anymore?

Are passive shield extenders even a thing anymore?

Is it just me or have a lot of the fitting slots been removed? Particularly mids?

I bought a catalyst and then was extremely sad when I bought a full set of guns for it and realized that only 3 of them fit.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Carth Dookie posted:

Yeah stuff like this.

Skills seem to imply you get some of it back via "advanced" and "expert" training but I'm not sure if that claws stuff back to make it 1 for 1 with normal EVE

At destroyer 4 with level 3 weapons skills I'm already over 110 DPS with 150mm rails, I could see training advanced and expert skills and hitting close to 500-600 DPS at the end of it, as long as I trained the weapon skills as well.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Carth Dookie posted:

Ah I see. ONI shall ride again. No idea how sec status and criminal actions work yet. Stealing the cans didn't seem to have any penalty.

Good advice on stealing PI goods by the way.

Right now it looks like there is no criminal actions allowed in Highsec at this time, nor a punishment system for stealing cans, there's also no system for disabling safeties on weapons. I'm assuming there will be a way to put this in at some point, but nothing regarding crime and CONCORD or anything else is in at this particular time.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Oh man if we can get algos production going and do some highsec ganks this weekend I think pubbies will have an absolute fit.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I wonder if I could bump miners in ventures who sit there with a hobgoblin out until they get pissed off and accidentally shoot me with their hobgoblin and get concorded

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Highlights:
21 million isk Venture II (Ships have 0 value on killmail, so he had 21 million isk in cargo)

We got 37 scalps (I counted the corpses on the D7-ZAC undock) People got so loving mad that they switched into english to call us mean words.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

This game is however great for shooting chinese carebears who have no idea what coordination is.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Tell them to go back to empire lol

We sent a lot of them back via podding them. They respawned 30+ systems away in their respective starter systems.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

queeb posted:

how do you make money hauling?

We have ways to do it.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Dec 8, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

jig is up they're lying to the devs about concord already

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bring back the VCBees

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

how do you figure?

Without a d scanner you have literally zero way to counter play someone who is roaming via staying on your toes. Sitting alts on gates does not protect you from people who log in inside your system.

What exactly would be the point of doing anything if you could be poo poo on by someone who login bombed your rear end even though you had the gates locked down by alts because they moved in during your off TZ? In wormholes you can crit the wormholes and remove spurious that aren't your static connections to increase your safety when you're not online, but in k-space you can't do that, and are vulnerable to whatever someone can get through on you.

I get that you are psychologically incapable and of seeing the other side of someone who might want to do something other than be poo poo on by someone who poop socks harder than them, but if they want echoes to have any sort of viability and make money, they're going to be keeping poo poo that allows more casual players to engage in a meaningful way that is something other than being meat.

However, from what I experienced in the beta, most pubbies in echoes are incredibly, unimaginably dumb, and local or no local you can just loving murder them on undocks while they scream obscenities at you.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Mar 6, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

i think here is where we can agree to disagree- local is a net negative on the game because it brings the barrier to entry of playing the game down to something a literal 9 year old can master while doing his math homework. god forbid people have to work together, maintain and defend structures that give them back most of local's benefits, and operate in an environment that doesn't give them perfect intel.

i don't want a game where the only people that die are brand new players, AFKs, and bots whose script stopped running. highsec is already a gank-free zone, it's time to make nullsec actually interesting.

Explain to me how your line of thinking refutes any of my points re: protecting yourself from a logon trap with no local and no d-scan (it's impossible)

I'll wait.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

some people have really weird slightly racist (and some super racist) dislikes about chinese and brazillian players in games, but i literally love it when an MMO is full of them because they usually end up being total fodder for me to kill

i'd rather have people typing at me in non english gibberish after i smoked them than play a game with no one to smoke.

I just like having idiots to seal club, its great.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cannon_Fodder posted:

within the first minute of hitting our home system, I watched a corp-mate say in local:

"English, I don't speak ramen noodle."

So yeah, very fuckin' racist.

Unless the corp-mate was globby, i dunno about that particular claim you're making about him. A lot of Chinese players are bad at video games, just like a lot of non-Chinese players are bad at videogames. China has the largest population and the largest population of gamers in the world, so just by going on numbers, your odds of encountering a crappy Chinese gamer are high, especially when it comes to phone games, which may not be taken seriously anyways, so the player may not even be trying to "git gud" or any of that.

That said, actual good pvpers would smoke the gently caress out of globby, he's only in it for seal clubbing.

Also, tell someone in leadership about that and who it was.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Since I need to spell it out for you, that's a racist thing to say and not particularly funny.

As a Mexican, I've gotten "I don't speak taco" in public and you can surmise that person wasn't trying to be charming.

And I'm saying, unless globby said it, the post you're quoting and responding to, and calling globby a racist is misguided.

Now if globby did say that, then I stand corrected and globby is a racist.

I am not defending the moron who said "I don't speak ramen noodle" that poo poo is abhorrent and they need to get slapped post haste.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 21, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lol so a bunch of goons followed a moron who is a member of the imperium apparently, with a 28 post count and he took them all for a ride? Good poo poo, mobile eve delivers!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Other thread dead. Good riddance.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The term true goon is polluted, I'd not use that. Perhaps goons whose main aim isn't to steal from the line members?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kungfu Trader posted:

Yeah, definitely some goon loving done by that douche Val. Thank god Pharnakes saw it coming and snatched assets and emptied the wallet. It took big balls since he probably knew he looked like an awoxer. I knew Val was a piece of garbage when the chat logs and his wallet skimming were released, but what made him a real poo poo lord was when he came into discord ranting and wouldn't listen to any concerns from long time EO players and shadow-banned anyone who had valid concerns. May he burn in eternal pixel flame.

You post too hard, friendo, may i suggest mellowing out, exploring the forums, finding a group of non-eve goons to post with? It's fine if you post with eve goons but you'll miss out on the vast amount of stuff that exists on this forum if you only focus on the eve echoes stuff.