Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
I'll cobble together the Discord for Beta at least. I'm currently at work so it'll probably be about nine hours before I can really sink my teeth into making it look good.

https://discord.gg/h8Da9N7

Edit: Replaced with updated link.

Erev fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Inimicul posted:

Erev, you're my hero.

I'm still keeping an eye on the official EE discord while I'm at work. Sifting out the useful information from all the "How is this going to be different than SG?" and "When beta?" chatter. I'll be posting relevant info in the op as I find it and probably posting on the discord as well.

Excellent.

I will need a crash course in the Goon auth bot - I assume we want to run it or something similar?

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Oh, I wasn't expecting it to be secure. I just wanted to be able to pre-emptively have a handle on the million spam bots spouting Mandarin when we piss off some pubby. I'm entirely game to wait and see how it goes however.

Is anyone here planning on being ringleader or wants to run fleets? I'll want to tag you special so you can post places.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Tindahbawx posted:

So wait, it's EvE with an even more irritating UI?

Open beta so may as well see. It sounds like they've been trying to simplify it - I'd be more worried about losing vital information.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Yeah, it is super power intensive. I think I'm still losing power despite being hooked into the wall.

Game is down for 30 minutes while they fix the market being broken. There are definitely some changes from the PC version but overall it does very much feel like playing a fresh start in EVE.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
I'm going to guess that you didn't upgrade your toon properly. Not all skills show until you do and skills in general are kinda hidden.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Verge Vendor is where the highest concentration of Goons are at the moment. Alentene is well stocked with Arraron being a nearby 0.5 system that we're looking at working out of for better materials and missions.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Epsilon Plus posted:

You can, you just need to find the right gullible bastard for it.

e: how's manufacturing in this poo poo? The most fun I had in EVE was loving with markets and doing manufacturing, seems perfect to do via a phone... when the markets aren't making GBS threads themselves, at least.

PI is much easier and everyone should be doing it. Its basically a few minutes and passive income/supply in return. Mining is roughly the same. You no longer have to research blueprints to make them better - they get better as your relevant industry level increases. Few player made ships are yet on the market (if any are).

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Goon ship production should begin when I wake up tomorrow - I'm waiting on a little bit of PI that I miscalculated tonight. After the first test Venture you can expect Venture IIs to roll off the line, followed by Catalyst IIs. These should both be tier 5 but everyone has enough free skill points to get them there anyhow.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Skex posted:

I should move down to Syndicate with the rest of you I'm just not big on talking/chatting since I'm usually either at work or with my wife watching TV when I'm playing, been hanging out in a sparsely populated lowsec system and forgot that gate guns are a thing, some guy warped into an anomaly I was running and I locked him up and took a couple shots at him to make it clear that I wasn't welcoming company, then finished clearing and looting and clicked auto to get back to my base station, did this while getting ready for work so when I came back my pod was sitting next to the smouldering pile of debri that had previously been my Rail Catalyst thought I'd gotten ganked at first but saw the gate guns on the killmail and a little red wanted light next to my character name. So note to self don't go straight to a gate or station after shooting at someone in low sec.

Been alternating between moving ships into the system I'm living in, running anomalies when I can pay half attention or mining when at work (since being no our phones playing games is kind of frowned on I just leave it in my drawer checking to see if the hold is full yet every once in a while, oh and staring at the log in screen wondering when I'll be able to get back online.

My ratting setup is a Catalysts with 3x mk 150 railguns, mk3 small repper and a mk1 ab which I've found to be an excellent low effort anomaly runner, just orbit the central structure and start locking and blapping rats, don't even have to turn on the repper for most anomalies. For mining since I don't have the 6-8 million that people are asking for a Venture I've been using an Imicus with 2 x Mk3 mining lasers doesn't have the grid for anything more than a reactive plate in the lows, it's slower than the Destroyer suggested but has more cargo like 1450 with astro 3 so less attention required.

Ran one of those anomalies with gates last night (forget what it was called "Serpentis Inquisitor" or some such) and got a bunch of rig blueprints so I'll definitely be looking out for more of those.

I've had one Mk3 Disurptor and 2 Mk3 Stasis Webbifiers drop in a Large Serpentis Anomaly, actually was kind of touch and go (one of the first big ones I ran and was shocked when I couldn't warp out, ended up scraping by with a sliver of hull left by the time I beat it I was still using a blaster Cat on it and was the run that convinced me to switch to rails.

Really not happy with the way the slots are laid out. Only having 4 slots on frigates is a really poor design, I could understand them limiting the high slots but the lack of ability to mount tank, tackle and an AB/MW severely limits the utility of small ships hopefully that's something that will be addressed prior to release.

Come on out. More combat types are welcome to help get modules on the market! We are located in S-U8A4. Market 'hub' likely to be 6-1.

We've just had the first Goon-constructed ship roll off the line - a Venture dubbed the GBS Chucklefuck. Now that there's a mining ship with an ore hold out here things should pick up in pace. Just a reminder though - we need everyone to do PI! It's stupidly simple (especially compared to EO's) and its free.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Carth Dookie posted:

Got it installed on my phone. Hoo boy is it ever a battery drainer. Phone got hot after 5 minutes. Hope they do some optimisation.

A lot of us have been playing it on BlueStacks on PC unless we are actually out and about.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Carth Dookie posted:

Is there any market for PI poo poo yet? I've got some mining going on in some system which is fine, but no idea where to offload it. Jita still the go-to?

Jita was burning itself the first two days but seems functional now. There is a PI market, but working with your local Goon industrialist means you can fly better ships for cheaper, sooner.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

orange juche posted:

Right now it looks like there is no criminal actions allowed in Highsec at this time, nor a punishment system for stealing cans, there's also no system for disabling safeties on weapons. I'm assuming there will be a way to put this in at some point, but nothing regarding crime and CONCORD or anything else is in at this particular time.

You can attempt to kill people with drones in highsec. 'DED Soldiers' act as a Concord equivalent but don't seem to actually spawn - you just pop.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Carth Dookie posted:

Welp. I'm curious how much effort they're going to put into fixing this poo poo. EVE mobile scratches an itch I didn't know I had, but I can't imagine how much time and money it would take to make it work properly when it's far easier to just fart out some garbage and put microtransactions everywhere.

Don't get us wrong. It's actually a decent game so far and it'll be something resembling a good game just as soon as they put in sane trading (not holding my breath on chat getting less restricted). It's worth messing around with - despite being beta right now.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Carth Dookie posted:

Am I going bonkers or is ammo just not a thing anymore?

No ammo currently. Almost certain to resurface.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Discord is hosed for me. Hopefully I'll be able to get back in this evening at somepoint

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Tortilla Maker posted:

XMas gift of 2,000,000 skill points for logging on today.

Hello battlecruisers!

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Carth Dookie posted:

When did the fitting options change?

Woke up to 2 mids and a bunch more lows on the coercer. Shits whack yo. Also a lot of modules like heat sinks/mag stabs and damage controls are active modules rather than passive (or so it seems. The descriptions have activation costs and timers). Looks like they're trying to make modules situationally interactive so you choose between DPS or repairs or whatever. Not an inherently bad idea, just weird compared to eve classic.

The patch a couple days ago saw lots more slots open for low end ships. As for the modules being active - as I under stand it many of them offer a small passive bonus which gets a lot bigger when activated.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

PathAsc posted:

Yeah, new slots really helped my corax. It's been a blast being able to play on the go. I'm hoping to finally get in on a roam when I get time

Expect scheduled roams starting the week after New Years. I'm gunning for twice a week to start led by me. Other people are of course welcome to do more.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Regular roams will occur Mondays and Thursdays starting January 6th and January 9th.

Money Mondays - bring the classiest poo poo you can afford to lose to these roams. Show off and blow poo poo up in style.

Shitfit Thursdays - Bring your throwaway ships and things you've been wanting to test out. Expect to lose this ship in a Battle Royale to close out the night.

This is also a good way to make certain you've still got everyone set to blue for those of us that are bad about updating.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

not at all, but if you pick caldari you're wrong.

Seriously though, choose what looks prettiest. Beta does end soon but there's a bit of time. We'll start heavier recruitment for next beta/soft launch which *should* have corporations and alliances.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Bell_ posted:

Can we edit our portraits or is it all RNG?

So far at least it is just 8 portraits per faction.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Drones are not as OP as missiles and can be shot down but they do hit pretty darn hard.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
ROAM AND SERVER EVENT TONIGHT!

We will be starting our roam from H-PA at 02:00 UTC on January 10th (18:00 Pacific on January 9th). Our destination will be Black Rise where we will each try to get on some Serpentus event NPC killmails to qualify for free poo poo at soft launch.

We will then, of course, proceed to gently caress with everyone else in the system.

See you TONIGHT!

Erev fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jan 9, 2020

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

ModeSix posted:

Have they given any indication when the next beta or any ability to play is going to be?

Closed beta or two then soft release it sounds like.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Sneak Lemming posted:

I'm not sure what the point of a single person outpost is?

If they set up in Null? Snacks.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
And being their pet faction I'm certain it'll have a slight edge on the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Going to highsec to focus on production and stuff. Any goon that wants a ship is welcome to send me a message in game and we'll work at making you something at cost.