Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
brb setting up 20 bluestacks virtual machines

what's the setup, is it quite literally eve: 2 but mobile? pay to play? what's the differences

edit: i read the OP but there are still so many questions, i read the discord and it's mostly idiots talking about what they THINK it's gonna be, where the HELL IS THE INFORMATION

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Dec 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

i'm ready

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

what the hell is this poo poo

a Cormorant "Command Destroyer" with a missile launcher, two shield boosters in the low slots and a large shield booster in the "miscellaneous"?

did they rework all the ships and gently caress up the balance? did they remove all the fitting complexity of the game? that's mad disappointing

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

what a clusterfuck

it doesn't matter though, in a fresh start rlml caracals will be king for a while anyway.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i was quickly ushered into a leadership position into some pubbie guild with 700 people in discord, so if yall need anything let me know i could probably suck yall in or whatever

or give you a place to rest or whatever idk, this game looks lovely

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

what a load of unplayable horseshit

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

can't wait to wait 2 hours to mine enough PI to be able to make a SINGLE VENTURE

did i mention I maxxed out my skills with the free SP and am running 4 ACCOUNTS?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

uhg it's so good but so lovely, it's so close to being amazing it's frustrating.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Stealthgerbil posted:

I am probably just going to train skills because I have no idea how it all really works yet. Is it like regular EVE or is it like some dumbed down kind of pay to win version?

I wish it was a client for the actual EVE game. It would have been way better.

yes yes and yes

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

they can still make it great, it's got most of what makes eve eve, a fresh start with a bunch of dumdums ready to be taken advantage of is good

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

orange juche posted:

How do you steal their cans? How do you even find them to steal them?

when you want to pickup your PI, it will randomly eject it ~1000km away from the planet you're doing it to. You can THEN [set destination, warp] to it and attempt to pick it up, but other people on grid can warp to the can that appears on their overview.

the goal is to find a planet with good resources with the smallest size, so you can see more cans when you're on grid (either by warping to the planet at 0, or you warping to your own can from your own PI mats (since you can't save bookmarks in this).

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

prop mods are low slots, 1 mid is all you need, unless you're going for ventures

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ya we could suicide gank with drones and mass produce algoses to do it and it'd be pretty cool

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Carth Dookie posted:

I take it sec status and suicide gank timers aren't a thing yet?

nope

also

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/517602710?t=0h59m52s

here is some pvp action of me getting dicked if yall wanna see how the pvp is like

(it involves 2 targets escaping because i didn't run tackle and one of my clients immediately crashing at the start of the fight, being outnumbered 2:1 and being seriously outshipped.)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

orange juche posted:

I wonder if I could bump miners in ventures who sit there with a hobgoblin out until they get pissed off and accidentally shoot me with their hobgoblin and get concorded

yes, lock them up, they might autolock back and if they misclick - boom

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

it's abnormal, you get shot by sentries by having the timer, not by shooting in their presence

also if you have criminal, you get concorded in highsec when you enter, but you get criminal by shooting a ship, not podding someone so

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

the best way i can describe this game is that it's "so close to being good."

All I want to do is play this game even though there is nothing to do.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

took a brief goon roam out to chinaspace, didn't incur any losses

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

that's not even a third of the kills we got, poo poo picked up after I made that post and we got so many destroyers and frigates, and many pod kills too (which are arguably more rage inducing, as you can't set your home station yet and they have to travel 30+ jumps back)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

pretty cool

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Dec 8, 2019

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Just got into an extended slugfest between myself and my 3 alts versus a bunch of chinese on the d7-zac undock, they had like 10 guys in fleet in cruisers and destroyers and it was up to me to continue to deny them exit from their prison.

At the start of the fight i immediately had a client DC and then die, just like the last time. I started focus firing on the cruisers since they had the most value and had the capabilities to hit me, even though I now lacked the ability to onevolley them.

If I hadn't had a client DC I would have killed far more cruisers, but they were able to warp off after taking critical damage multiple times.

As I cleared the cruisers off field, a bunch of destroyers were getting close to me, so I had to swap targets.

I continued to engage caracals and other cruisers, and got multiple kills, however the Caracal has the same range bonus I do to the same weapon platform, so they were able to hit me and critically damage me each time I got a kill.

Luckily, they never picked the same target twice and all of my three remaining Cormorant Navy Issues survived.

All in all- in the fight I destroyed 6 cruisers, 13 destroyers, 3 frigates, and all the associated wrecks (since I didn't want to get close to the undock point of the station). Also, leading up to the fight I had also been camping the station undock and had killed many rookie ships, ventures, and a few destroyers (along with their pods.)

This game is fun.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

just suicide ganked my first Venture II with a single trainer algos, you are still GCC locked for 15 minutes but even worse- you're not able to move your pod at all and GCC timers across the board are reduced by roughly 6 seconds since CONCORD/DED
kills you the second they land instead of waiting roughly 6 seconds

good news is a suicidegank algos does ~150 DPS and is only 2.5-3 mil and all the modules are sourced by NPCs

bad news is it's REALLY HARD to get those drones to track moving targets and the DPS is much lower than eve

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

:ohdear:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

yeah i'll totally hop back in once they add sov, or some reason to ownzone people

i can easily camp stations and force people out, but why cause people to quit before I can have a metric of my incredible victories over others?

owning people in video games is hollow without my daddy issues fulfilled

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

literally cannot wait for next reset w/ sovereignty and corporations and player trading

that'll make the game

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

uhm... post much????

that image is VERY big and disorientating for readersof this forums

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

they need a sov war system tbh, i have no interest in playing until there is a way to claim territory, and ideally a reason to claim territory beyond the e-dick measuring contest

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

killing things without an overarching goal is kinda boring tho

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

it's just me, the tears are good and all but i'm more of a 'if i'm literally the top 1% of people in this mobile game give me something to swing my dick around in'

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

rip hyperhauling, i only made 6 billion off of it in 2 days :(

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

m.hache posted:

Real talk, is this game accessible to someone who never played the original and is a couch surfer?

I'm starting up and have no idea if any choices I make will screw me in the long run.

ya it's quite literally the easiest game to hop into, you can fly any ship or use any weapon system without having the skills unlocked, you'll just be 75% worse than specialized idiots

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

m.hache posted:

Do the starting factions matter at all?

not at all, but if you don't pick caldari you're wrong.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i think medium weapons systems are the thing to go for, ignore smalls

that, and missiles > hybrids > rest imo

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Aramoro posted:

I'm only a few days into the beta so just practising before the wipe. Is there any point in going for a Drone build out of the gate?

sure if you want

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

they need sov and to remove/delay local

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Skex posted:

Blackout almost killed EO, but sure let's kill Echoes in the womb.

imagine unironically thinking this

half of eve online's population is bots or mass multiboxers, no wonder they quit the day blackout goes live as they can't afk farm in 100% safety

EE doesn't have the same nullsec meta, and introducing a local removal or delay wouldn't hurt the krab base in nearly the same way, but give an actual chance to people wanting to kill people

local has been so fundamentally detrimental to eve online in the long term it's insane- being able to avoid ALL player interaction simply because you pay attention to the window has been the worst thing they could ever develop.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Evernoob posted:

At least "safespots" aren't a thing yet, and i'm okay with that.

you can still kinda end up in one though, you just can't bookmark it

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i think the best course of action is to remove the capacitor cost of warping, and not allow probe scanning or dscan or bookmarks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Skex posted:

Keep earning that red text. The data is clear, the game took a huge quantifiable hit in activity and logins. You can make all of the emotional appeals you want it's not changing the data.

go ahead and link to that data buddy

it's shocking a feature that kills nullsec bots (of which there are undebatably thousands) would cause a drop in the player numbers, am i right?